What's new

New tools always make me smile

Those weren't out when I got mine, but yeah, I've heard good things.

Batteries can be had cheap too (compared to the Dewault 18V & 20V ones).

it's a twin beam, or split beam torque wrench, whatever it's called. You don't need to set it back to zero when not using it, apparently you can keep it set to whatever, and it won't degrade it's accuracy. It's also very quick and easy to adjust the torque rating. Pretty good quality stuff.

I know what it is I was looking for a part number and where he got it. :laughing:

Really thinking serious on getting an M-18 kit...
not sure which one yet!!! I’ve always been a Rigid diehard but they are making it more and more of a PITA to get replacement on their lifetime warranty!!!

Knipex are less than 6 months, Gearwrench are less than 2 years, Channellock are over the last 10 years, Mastercraft are over the last 20 years but almost never get used now that I have better ones. But ya, not professional use...maybe once a week or so they get used in some way and maybe once a month on a vehicle and maybe once a year a proper big project. I'm just easy on my tools but always get chirped on for them being so clean.

Well, it’s definitely better organized than my pliers drawer
666EAC8A-644A-4CA5-88D3-E21EF8233909.jpeg

I need to get one of the M12 ratchets... Its been on my list for a while now. Maybe one of the M12 right angle die grinders too for running surface conditioning disks to clean up gasket surfaces under the hood.

The 90° and straight die grinders would both be handy. I've been real impressed with the M12 stuff, I was afraid of them being under powered, they're anything but. The compact size and ergo of the M12 stuff blows my old Dewalt stuff out of the water. The M12 punches way above its weight class.

Thats one of the best tools I've gotten over the last year..... They rock
Once I start making money again I'll be getting the M12 1/4" one as well.

I've used the heck out of mine, it's just an M12 not a FUEL, so it's not as powerful, but you can still use it as a regular ratchet, so I haven't seen the need for the extra 25 ft lbs the FUEL version has over the standard.

I've had an air ratchet for over a decade and I rarely use it, the Milwaukee on the other hand, I pretty much only use it.

Had to hit homodepot this am to get the stuff to plumb the garage for air and grabbed some 3" Milwaukee #2 Phillips bits, pilot & countersinking bits and hit harbor freight to grab some cable cutters for the 1/0 power cable showing up next week for the DD stereo. Almost got the Pittsburgh version but they came sloppy right off the hop while the Doyle version are tighter than a rabbis hold on his wallet.

photo7331.jpg

Had to hit homodepot this am to get the stuff to plumb the garage for air and grabbed some 3" Milwaukee #2 Phillips bits, pilot & countersinking bits and hit harbor freight to grab some cable cutters for the 1/0 power cable showing up next week for the DD stereo. Almost got the Pittsburgh version but they came sloppy right off the hop while the Doyle version are tighter than a rabbis hold on his wallet.

When I was a little kid I called those elephant ear cutters so now that's how they are know around the shop.

What are you using to plumb that garage. I have PVC that I have had up for 12-13 years that would surely kill me instantly the moment I turned on the compressor but I am sure that I am pushing it, and it must be getting brittle so I have been thinking about changing it out

You won't regret it

I also have a 7518. Thing is a tank. Eats up anything. I have it in an Incra lift with the Incra Wonderfence and their table as well. Great setup

Since I have to replace my extension wing, my plan was to put a countertop in there (1.5" thick), and find the most inexpensive lift I can to put there. $2-300 for a lift is painful.

Since I have to replace my extension wing, my plan was to put a countertop in there (1.5" thick), and find the most inexpensive lift I can to put there. $2-300 for a lift is painful.

I had the Rockler for my prior router but when I got the PC, I felt like going all out and doing it once knowing that it would last my lifetime. Cannot go wrong with Incra stuff.

Saying that, there are lots of good lifts out there.

What are you using to plumb that garage. I have PVC that I have had up for 12-13 years that would surely kill me instantly the moment I turned on the compressor but I am sure that I am pushing it, and it must be getting brittle so I have been thinking about changing it out

I just moved my compressor to the other side of the shop, which is plumbed with PVC. No leaks from the PVC in the last 6 years. The previous shop I was in for 15 years, and had to splice a few PVC fitings that leaked. The new parts I did today with PEX.

I just moved my compressor to the other side of the shop, which is plumbed with PVC. No leaks from the PVC in the last 6 years. The previous shop I was in for 15 years, and had to splice a few PVC fitings that leaked. The new parts I did today with PEX.

I don't think leaks are the problem pvc can explode violently when pressurised with air and cause boldly harm.

I don't think leaks are the problem pvc can explode violently when pressurised with air and cause boldly harm.

Yeah, I've heard that. My boss ran PVC since I started there in '94, and I guess I got lucky.

I like Pex better anyway. But not enough to retro it now that the shop is mine.

Yeah, I've heard that. My boss ran PVC since I started there in '94, and I guess I got lucky.

I like Pex better anyway. But not enough to retro it now that the shop is mine.

PVC gets fragile in cold weather so if it's lasted this long in Alaska should be good.

~30 years ago, I worked in a shop with PVC air lines - main vertical from compressor up to ~10 feet, then runs along walls w/ drops where needed.
After hours one Friday, a coworker shattered the main vertical with a ~110 PSI propelled blow gun dart (not on purpose, bad luck on windage).

It was loud :eek:- full tank dumped through unrestricted 3/4" or 1" pipe.

After he shit himself & I :laughing: in his face, we dug out the spare pipe, fittings & chems, he said he was good to go, & I went home.

Went in Monday & he fired up the compressor - no problem :smokin:

Fun fact: a joint assembled w/ just primer :homer: can hold full pressure & cycling for half a day . . . then kaboom & dump the tank :laughing:

Last edited:

PVC of course. If it was me footing the bill it would have been 1" black pipe but it's my friends place so he wanted to use 1/2" PVC since he already had all the required fittings. (Probably $14 worth since it's just a 30' total run out of the wall to the ceiling and back down lol ). The volume will limit things a bit being such small pipe but I have no worries about it holding up.

My brother plumbed his shop in 3/4" PVC when he built the place about 6 years ago and it's been fine.

It really is worth it though if you're using the router to fit two pieces together, like rails and stiles. When you have the option of dialing in fitment to 1/128" or tighter, you use it. It's one of those tools where I don't know how I managed without it.

FFC36C20-C651-4726-AA78-1D3EBC13C4A5.jpeg

I have a full blown tool-aholic addiction. I don’t need but a smidgen of a reason to buy a new tool. My latest best purchase Is the Milwaukee 1” m18 impact. Absolutely awesome. I can change a set of drives on my dump truck with one battery. The secret to it is no extensions no adapters just the 1” drive socket.

Me and my brother are plotting how to come up with a quick 30k so we can buy a 150-220ton CNC break press for the shop. We need one!!! Our fabbing skills will improve so much with one. I need one big enough to bend 8’ of at least 1/4” plate. We have a idea to build some specialized buckets and sell them at a few local auctions. We should be about to clear 500-800 a piece on them :smokin:

Last edited:

I have a full blown tool-aholic addiction. I don’t need but a smidgen of a reason to buy a new tool. My latest best purchase Is the Milwaukee 1” m18 impact. Absolutely awesome. I can change a set of drives on my dump truck with one battery. The secret to it is no extensions no adapters just the 1” drive socket.

Me and my brother are plotting how to come up with a quick 30k so we can buy a 150-220ton CNC break press for the shop. We need one!!! Our fabbing skills will improve so much with one. I need one big enough to bend 8’ of at least 1/4” plate. We have a idea to build some specialized buckets and sell them at a few local auctions. We should be about to clear 500-800 a piece on them :smokin:

Talk to 2bigbronco. He swings that way.

Definitely love getting new tools! I have a bad tendancy of buying a new tool for a project, rather than trying to figure it out with the tools I already have. My AHP 201DX TIG welder showed up this week, looking forward to learning TIG - and there are SO many accessories to buy :)

Should be receiving my new DeWalt compound miter saw today. We are having the floors refinished and she wanted new baseboard throughout the house. Told her I would do it but she is buying the saw. :smokin:

Which one did you go with? I just bought the DWS799 12" slider. Lowes had it on a crazy sale for $350.

Been mechanicing since a boy, never had a set of adjustable foot pry bars. About to change out the injectors on my 07 5.9 Cummins, so I bought a nice set of them.

IMG_20200606_073226.jpg

A guy I used to work with welded 5" long 1/4" rod on either side of a random bit and chucked it in a cheap cordless drill to wind his straps. It worked good but really could have used being mounted since holding it and guiding it was a pain when the straps twisted up.

Thats exactly what Im gonna do, bend the biggest piece of rebar that fits in the chuck at a 90* angle and pull the trigger.

Probably just grab a harbor freight special.

I had the Rockler for my prior router but when I got the PC, I felt like going all out and doing it once knowing that it would last my lifetime. Cannot go wrong with Incra stuff.

Saying that, there are lots of good lifts out there.

Doing some research, it looks like I have to go with the router raizer? Unless there's a way to strip the base off the 7538. There's not that many lifts that fit a plunge base router.

And yeah - I want to be able to dial it in at 1/128" accuracy :smokin: I already get down to .005" accuracy doing lap joints and mortise/tenons on my mill :smokin:

Top Back Refresh