What's new

New tire time, maybe wheels too

Yes the comps. Got some white 15x8s too as everything I am able to choose is red white and blue :usa:

I'd be a little weary running non bead lock 10" wide on an 8" wheel. I lost beads somewhat easily on my talon with the 8" rears at low pressure.

Did you check out the speedway link? ~$160 ea for beadlocks with lots of back spacing options seems like a no brainer over the current ~$100 ea standard steelies.

I really was tempted to push to 35s but yotas comments made sense and a lot say they sit higher than equivalent mts

Yeah, tire sizes are goofy in automotive MTs and many run a bit small, some very small (cough BFG cough). But I've read that SxS tires are mostly true to size or even a hair taller. So a new "33x10.50r15" BFG measures more like 32" tall at street pressure and not under a truck's weight, where a 32" SxS tire would be 32-32.5" tall.

i am interested in the sxs tire option as well. debating the 33-35 tire selection. some of the cheapest i have seen are
arisun aftershock XD. they arent DOT tires ....but you can buy a 35-10-15 are 190 per tire

Quick Google shows this.

6 years old and 30s, but showed the XDs as lightest and 3rd in rocks. So at least you know they'd be an OK tire.

The only thing to watch for is some of the desert tires are very hard and stiff for durability. I've also heard the fuel tires are the worst thing ever :laughing:

I'd be a little weary running non bead lock 10" wide on an 8" wheel. I lost beads somewhat easily on my talon with the 8" rears at low pressure.

Did you check out the speedway link? ~$160 ea for beadlocks with lots of back spacing options seems like a no brainer over the current ~$100 ea standard steelies.

This is a good point... For a 10" tire, a 7" wide beadlock would be perfect. And still Gorilla Tape the inner bead.

On an 8" non regular wheel I would at the very least Gorilla Tape both beads.

Yeah, tire sizes are goofy in automotive MTs and many run a bit small, some very small (cough BFG cough). But I've read that SxS tires are mostly true to size or even a hair taller. So a new "33x10.50r15" BFG measures more like 32" tall at street pressure and not under a truck's weight, where a 32" SxS tire would be 32-32.5" tall.
My 3 year old, beat up 40% tread carnivores are a hair over 31" off the truck at ~5psi.

I want to say they were taller than some og 50% mtr 33s when new.

I'm be absolutely shocked if the ops new 32s were shorter than his worn 33s.

Well I guess I missed that, everything is shipping but I'm sure I can return easily. The speedway link brought me to tires I think but will check now.

Please keep advice coming, I tend to research/buy and use/repeat lol. If I can dodge a bullet and more importantly down time, don't be shy:usa:

Just saw the beadlocks are due April 27, gonna look for more 15x7. Is a non beadlock a real deal breaker?

Well I guess I missed that, everything is shipping but I'm sure I can return easily. The speedway link brought me to tires I think but will check now.

Please keep advice coming, I tend to research/buy and use/repeat lol. If I can dodge a bullet and more importantly down time, don't be shy:usa:

Just saw the beadlocks are due April 27, gonna look for more 15x7. Is a non beadlock a real deal breaker?

I think 7" is perfect. I have 35x10.50s on my 4runner on 7" wheels and it's perfect, I wouldn't want 8s. Samurai weld ons are like 6.5"? If they're bead locks it will be OK, but I'd rather have 7" and I'd be worried about the bead blowing easy with 8s. Theyll be effectively the same as 12. 50s on 10" wheels, which I'm not a fan of either.

Go to speed way

Wheels > 15" Dia > 5x5.5 > beadlocks > sort by cheapest first :laughing: they have 7s and 8s with lots of back spacing options. I'd think you'll want low bs. I have to run 1.5" spacers on my samurai and I still rub the leafs with ~3.5" bs. I'd probably just go 2" bs

Edit: I can actually get some more accurate with and backspacing measurements since my tires and wheels are off the rig if you want

Last edited:
I think 7" is perfect. I have 35x10.50s on my 4runner on 7" wheels and it's perfect, I wouldn't want 8s. Samurai weld ons are like 6.5"? If they're bead locks it will be OK, but I'd rather have 7" and I'd be worried about the bead blowing easy with 8s. Theyll be effectively the same as 12. 50s on 10" wheels, which I'm not a fan of either.

Go to speed way

Wheels > 15" Dia > 5x5.5 > beadlocks > sort by cheapest first :laughing: they have 7s and 8s with lots of back spacing options. I'd think you'll want low bs. I have to run 1.5" spacers on my samurai and I still rub the leafs with ~3.5" bs. I'd probably just go 2" bs

Edit: I can actually get some more accurate with and backspacing measurements since my tires and wheels are off the rig if you want
That would be awesome, thank you

I'm on 15x8s with 1" spacers in front. Clears 33x12.5 just right. Will measure bs in the morning.

Very cool too help out like that, can't say it enough

Last edited:
I only found these but on the phone so may have missed something

3.75 seems like a lot. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-194425_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-194425_Chrome.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 12
That will be almost centered in the wheel shell.

I feel like you might want a little less to keep them off the leafs.

What tire width and wheel specs are you running now?

That will be almost centered in the wheel shell.

I feel like you might want a little less to keep them off the leafs.

What tire width and wheel specs are you running now?
They are 15x8 with 1" spacers in front currently.

I agree those are out of the picture, just saying that's all I found in 15x7 beadlocks. Never ran beadlocks before either...

They are 15x8 with 1" spacers in front currently.

I agree those are out of the picture, just saying that's all I found in 15x7 beadlocks. Never ran beadlocks before either...

How wide is tire and do you know the back spacing? (3.75" is really common in 15x8 steelies)

I think 8" wide will be OK in a beadlock.

Just measured 2.5 backspacing

I don't mind going 7 if it is smarter, will dig into it

Just measured 2.5 backspacing

I don't mind going 7 if it is smarter, will dig into it

Just measured my wheels, stock Sami wheels with speed way weld on beadlocks. 6" wide 3.5" bs. With 1.5" spacers. 32x10s didn't rub the leafs until I replaced the stock felt bolts with flat heads. (do that btw)

2" bs 7" wide would probably fit perfectly. But I think they only make the 2" bs with the 8" wide. You're call. You could always throw them on your current wheels to check fitment. Might be fine with duct tape wraps. I honestly run beadlocks because I hate mud, wood, snow, ice ger9in the bead and causing leaks. I run 2-3lbs on my heavy 4runner with stock wheels and no issues in the snow.

Just measured my wheels, stock Sami wheels with speed way weld on beadlocks. 6" wide 3.5" bs. With 1.5" spacers. 32x10s didn't rub the leafs until I replaced the stock felt bolts with flat heads. (do that btw)

2" bs 7" wide would probably fit perfectly. But I think they only make the 2" bs with the 8" wide. You're call. You could always throw them on your current wheels to check fitment. Might be fine with duct tape wraps. I honestly run beadlocks because I hate mud, wood, snow, ice ger9in the bead and causing leaks. I run 2-3lbs on my heavy 4runner with stock wheels and no issues in the snow.
If you had the pick of 8" beadlocks or regular 10x7 what would you pick?

Surprised by the amount of fake beadlocks out there. Can't seem to find 5x5.5 for sub 400 a piece, is that normal? May go 15x7 instead. Gonna order something today so I can erase the daydreaming lol

Surprised by the amount of fake beadlocks out there. Can't seem to find 5x5.5 for sub 400 a piece, is that normal? May go 15x7 instead. Gonna order something today so I can erase the daydreaming lol

Did you go through the filters on speedway?

This is what I'd do. Or the one you linked earlier and keep the spacers.

They also like 15x7 2"bs non beadlocks for $85 ea. Those areo wheels will be way lighter than like a black rock crawler.

I do see it looks like they say they may not ship untill April :(

I saw that with all the basset bead locks. Gonna be in VA April 23 weekend. Gonna grab some 15x7s and see how they shake out

Late to the party but I just saw the thread for the first time. Tire on the left is a 34”x10x15 Milestar Patagonia SXT, tire on the right is a 37”x12.5x17 Patagonia. The 34” measures a true 34” with 15 psi on a 15x7” wheel. I only run them on a SXS but they are awesome tires.
CD325FD6-7470-48A0-85C7-ADC4F9D29079.jpeg

Order is in for 15x7 basic wheels and the 32" Roxxzillas, should have them all on in the next week or so and will post pics. I appreciate all the advice

Update here - The 32s were so small looking I pulled them and ordered the 35s. Will post a pic this weekend with the old 33s, new 32s, and 35s. They fill everything up nice and I'll know soon if rubbing will be an issue but feel good about them so far.

Reached out for a return label and learned they may not accept the 32s back if theyve been mounted. If I can't send em back I'll put them up here, if you want to drive and pick them up in IL, let me know and I'll save a trip to shipping place and paying for return shipping.

Did you get the sticky roxxzillas?
Have you had a chance to wheel them yet? If so, what are your thoughts on them?
You are running them on 7" wide wheels, right?
What PSI you run them at for wheeling and what diameter do they measure at that PSI?

Top Back Refresh