What's new

New tire time, maybe wheels too

Swayzeexpress

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Retiring 33 12.5 15 cepeks. Haven't shopped off road only tires in a bit. Curious what everyone is liking and thoughts on whether new wheels are worth it. Never been that into wheels but the old steelies have seen better days. Mostly rocks and mud

Location? Terrain? Snow? How much pavement? Budget?

If it's just a wheeler, running SxS tires on a Sami seems like such a good idea these days.

If it's just a wheeler, running SxS tires on a Sami seems like such a good idea these days.

It is. The squat at 6-8 lbs instead of 1 lb :laughing:

Tread is softer and hooks better

They're waaaay lighter.

Usually true to height and narrower, which fit better on the zuks.

You can opt for MUCH more aggressive tread if you want.

I've drivenine on the road a bunch (32 carnivores) and despite people saying they wear super fast and having a rear spool, they still have tons of tread.

They were cheaper, but everything is waxk these days.

Even if you were driving on the road all the time, I'd still buy SxS tires, just DOT ones. They are designed for vehicles this weight and size.

Paint them.

I’m running Tusk Terrabites.

Other than that, can’t help.
Already cleaned them up but was curious if there's a benefit to changing to something newer or lighter. Never really paid attention to wheels but now everyone has packages with new tires. I mostly trailer mine so I'll probably get 7 or 8 years outta tires

I've heard this a bunch, what is the downside?

Midwest primarily and 2-3 trips a year with buddies. One group is mostly old Willys the other is mostly jku all decked out lol.

For tires, I want the best for steep climbs with lots of ledges

Midwest primarily and 2-3 trips a year with buddies. One group is mostly old Willys the other is mostly jku all decked out lol.

No downsides as long as they are on a light rig.

My vote is for 35x10.00R15 Maxxis Roxxillas.

Downsides are that you have to beat the pussy off with a stick :flipoff2:

What's you budget? Stickies for all out performance. You may have to drop to a 32, which will probably be the same height as your 33s, or jump to a 35. There is 33z and 34s, but not common.

You may want to swap wheels, 7" works well with 10" wide. 8" is probably fine too.

I don't know anyone who's tried them, but I think these would be sweet. I got my weld on kits from them, and they're great for lightweight rigs.

You mentioned mud? :smokin:

Downsides are that you have to beat the pussy off with a stick :flipoff2:

What's you budget? Stickies for all out performance. You may have to drop to a 32, which will probably be the same height as your 33s, or jump to a 35. There is 33z and 34s, but not common.

You may want to swap wheels, 7" works well with 10" wide. 8" is probably fine too.

I don't know anyone who's tried them, but I think these would be sweet. I got my weld on kits from them, and they're great for lightweight rigs.

You mentioned mud? :smokin:

This idea is growing on me. I'm just mentally hung up they won't work even though I got mine licensed as a sxs in wi:) my gearing is dead on for 33s but if I can slim down and pull 35s I'd be a pig in a puddle. Mine sees extremely minimal road time.

Edit: those look spot on! I'm not bouncing though, still a slow poke but always up for testing something new

This idea is growing on me. I'm just mentally hung up they won't work even though I got mine licensed as a sxs in wi:) my gearing is dead on for 33s but if I can slim down and pull 35s I'd be a pig in a puddle. Mine sees extremely minimal road time.

Edit: those look spot on! I'm not bouncing though, still a slow poke but always up for testing something new

They absolutely work, I'd almost say any SxS tire will work better than any LT tire on a light rig, but that's pretty broad.

Stickies are just a whole nother level, like sex w/o a condom vs a wool sock.

The 35s are big.

Here's Sami on 35 roxxillas for reference
IMG_20211206_112437.jpg

I don't think 35s would clear as much as id like them too. Seems like most jump from 32 to 35 in size

Any other brands people have tried?

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_001557_437.jpg
    IMG_20211024_001557_437.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 247390384_1480522558989374_491025931182571532_n.jpg
    247390384_1480522558989374_491025931182571532_n.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 35
35" Boggers with the valve cores removed worked well for me.

35" Boggers with the valve cores removed worked well for me.

Shut up, it's not 2003 anymore :flipoff2:
I don't think 35s would clear as much as id like them too. Seems like most jump from 32 to 35 in size

Any other brands people have tried?

Some guys rave about the pro armor stickies, they look like a creepy crawler knock off and have a lot of sizes from 32 to 39:laughing:

33x10

MRT Race Sticky (8ply) Radial ATV/UTV Tire [33x10-15] - Single - Tires - ATV

Be sure to shop around for those, their prices vast a lot. They have a few different tread patterns too.

There is a lot of brands making sticks for side by sides, hit Google and check them out.

Last questions, do you think a narrower 35 will be similar as far as rubbing on the same wheels? Are 35s overkill in anyone's opinion on this? This is my only dedicated off road vehicle and I really like the setup now but if 35s are an option I may jump up a notch

Edit: no rubbing now

Last questions, do you think a narrower 35 will be similar as far as rubbing on the same wheels? Are 35s overkill in anyone's opinion on this? This is my only dedicated off road vehicle and I really like the setup now but if 35s are an option I may jump up a notch

Edit: no rubbing now

The 35s I've seen in person look tall, like 1-2" taller than say a 35 bfg km2. The narrower width will help with rubbing leaf springs and frame, but obviously not wheel arches.

Are you're axles pretty built? Because 35 stickies are going to put them to the test. The 32-33x10s fit well on the zuks and will probably be taller than what you have now either way.

The 35s I've seen in person look tall, like 1-2" taller than say a 35 bfg km2. The narrower width will help with rubbing leaf springs and frame, but obviously not wheel arches.

Are you're axles pretty built? Because 35 stickies are going to put them to the test. The 32-33x10s fit well on the zuks and will probably be taller than what you have now either way.
They look tall, if the 33s will run taller thats a plus, most of my buddies are on longer wb with 37s so id like to max out without chopping things up more. Yes all chromo axles and gearing is sumo.

Really appreciate all the advice, if anyone spots deals on quality 33s I'd appreciate it and gonna see what the parts counter can do too

They look tall, if the 33s will run taller thats a plus, most of my buddies are on longer wb with 37s so id like to max out without chopping things up more. Yes all chromo axles and gearing is sumo.

Really appreciate all the advice, if anyone spots deals on quality 33s I'd appreciate it and gonna see what the parts counter can do too

I quoted some roxxillas through the parts counter and the price was good, I'm guessing most other brands won't be available through it.

I'm no expert on them, but a firm believer in the SxS tires, and stickies are a game changer.

32 vs 35 is your call. You'll be doing some serious cutting to fit the 35s for sure.

I quoted some roxxillas through the parts counter and the price was good, I'm guessing most other brands won't be available through it.

I'm no expert on them, but a firm believer in the SxS tires, and stickies are a game changer.

32 vs 35 is your call. You'll be doing some serious cutting to fit the 35s for sure.
I think I'm gonna dig around for other brands and shoot for as closr to 34 as I can get true diameter. Its goofy to me being a new market to explore what is hype and what is just a decent product. Prices are all over and I don't know anyone with a utv beside farm use.

Mostly hoping to avoid buying something with the feeling I went a different route...

I think I'm gonna dig around for other brands and shoot for as closr to 34 as I can get true diameter. Its goofy to me being a new market to explore what is hype and what is just a decent product. Prices are all over and I don't know anyone with a utv beside farm use.

Mostly hoping to avoid buying something with the feeling I went a different route...

Ah fuck, you sound like me :flipoff2:

Just go 35s then, 1/2 radius isn't going to be night and day. You're going to be doing a bunch of clearancing either way.

At least if you pick up 32s they'll bolt on and if you change your mind, it's an easy sell.

Ah fuck, you sound like me :flipoff2:

Just go 35s then, 1/2 radius isn't going to be night and day. You're going to be doing a bunch of clearancing either way.

At least if you pick up 32s they'll bolt on and if you change your mind, it's an easy sell.
I typically buy shit when Im least infromeed So will probably end up with 35s that rub or get super lucky

Last edited:
Just ordered 32 roxxzillas, excited to try something new. Will report back when they show up. Thank you guys for advice

i am interested in the sxs tire option as well. debating the 33-35 tire selection. some of the cheapest i have seen are
arisun aftershock XD. they arent DOT tires ....but you can buy a 35-10-15 are 190 per tire

Curious what they measure for size, how you like them and where you found your best deal.

Enjoy!!!
Me too, will post up pics and measurements.

Definitely poke around for pricing. 5 ended up at 1150 shipped from planetsxs

I really was tempted to push to 35s but yotas comments made sense and a lot say they sit higher than equivalent mts

Top Back Refresh