What's new

New tig torch setup I’m going with

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I have a miller 250 DX with water cooled torch setup. I bought a new wired foot pedal for it when I bought the used welder. It didn’t come with anything. I also got a used thumb controller but it’s pretty much on & off type thing. I’m right footed and that the leg I lost so I learned to use my left foot when using the foot pedal.

I’ve been wanting a good all around amp control hand controller setup. So I decided to get this button style controller setup to see how it works out for my needs. It’s pressure sensitive operation to control your amps. I’m sure there’s people who don’t like it but it made sense to me enough to check it out.

The same time, I bought a CK adjustable torch head. I think this will be great for welding around objects like tubing and in tight areas.

It’ll be a while before I’ll be ready to test it all out but I need to to be sure everything works ok like it should. But yaknow, life and work taking a lot of time goes.

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3380.jpeg

Got the hose protector wrap on aaaaand that’s about as far as I’m gonna get for now.
IMG_3381.jpeg

Interesting, I didn't know they made one like that. I like a foot pedal if I'm at a table but if I'm anywhere else it's not great for me.

Flex heads are nice though!

Interesting, I didn't know they made one like that. I like a foot pedal if I'm at a table but if I'm anywhere else it's not great for me.

Flex heads are nice though!
People seem to like them on YouTube videos.

I have the same torch and it's amazing how flexible the hoses are.

I've been on the fence about the tig button as kicking the wired miller pedal is getting old.

Please report back on the "feel" on the button. Is it hard to hold a steady current/arc while cruising along and getting out of position?

I have always used the low profile peddles

they even work in wonkey areas, I have used them flat on my back with the peddle between my knees

curious how this play out

Top Back Refresh