What's new

New sign-up - to admins

live4soccer7

Member Number
Being a new forum, you may not have a lot of spam or false sign-ups, but they will come soon enough and it is a large problem. I was able to successfully sign up even without an email verification.

Just an idea and trying to be helpful. I ran a forum a number of years ago.

I think "Province" (and possibly others here) may recognize my name from my 1UZ 4runner build, so please don't ban/delete my account for trying to help. Can I export my thread and move it over here??

Fully agree on the verification process, spambots will flood the place if given half a chance

PM Austin for migration assistance

same thing when I signed up, just straight to posting if i wanted to. didn’t notice the email thing until a few days later when i deleted my spam folder but it showed no content anyway

The switch to immediate registration was made to accommodate the high influx of new users. In some cases, registration emails were being sent to spam folders for example.

I believe it can be toggled back. I registered through email confirmation early on...

I am the super grand master admin of my local Jeep club forum, and I use a simple logic check question/response. "What is the missing production year between the YJ and the TJ?" Easy to look up, but not common for automatic spambots. Then, I also manually verify email/IP/Username before allowing the person in, but that might not be feasible with a high volume site (like this should become).

Good to see some responses! I look forward to the new site. I'll look in to migration.

Being a new forum, you may not have a lot of spam or false sign-ups, but they will come soon enough and it is a large problem. I was able to successfully sign up even without an email verification.

Just an idea and trying to be helpful. I ran a forum a number of years ago.

I think "Province" (and possibly others here) may recognize my name from my 1UZ 4runner build, so please don't ban/delete my account for trying to help. Can I export my thread and move it over here??

The switch to immediate registration was made to accommodate the high influx of new users. In some cases, registration emails were being sent to spam folders for example.

I believe it can be toggled back. I registered through email confirmation early on...

trampas is right. I turned off the email verification for awhile because we were getting flagged as spam. It's a new server and new IP that started blasting out emails all the sudden last Wed. Between registration emails and people that have post notification emails turned on I can see why that triggered that. Yahoo, which I didn't realize so many people still use, is the only email service I still have this problem with. Once they get over it I'll turn email verifications back on. I appreciate the heads up!

FWIW, I signed up for subscriptions to a few anti-spam services that are made to specifically monitor spammers on forums, blogs etc. They are up and running on here as well.

There is no way to export/import you content on PBB. Most are just copying over their content that they want to save or share.

yup, copy and paste is the easiest way. I've found that actually clicking on the image over there will bring up a full size picture that is then easily saved to a desktop folder and re-uploaded here. Keeps things from getting stuck as tiny and protects your images from any future migration issue, if that server gets fucked up, photobucket bullshit, etc.

takes an extra couple minutes, but it isn't like there is a rush to get 100% of the content all at once. also provides an easy way to reimagine the flow of tech threads and build threads and you can incorporate the info from other users as well.

Ive read that 1UZ thread till I fall asleep multiple times!!

Great stuff

Glad to hear someone is getting some use out of it. The 4runner is still running strong. I don't really get to use it much, but I'm still happy with the swap. It turned out great.

That would be one heck of a thread to copy over. It is 50-60 pages last I checked on it a couple years back.

Glad to hear someone is getting some use out of it. The 4runner is still running strong. I don't really get to use it much, but I'm still happy with the swap. It turned out great.

That would be one heck of a thread to copy over. It is 50-60 pages last I checked on it a couple years back.

you want to sell it?

Top Back Refresh