What's new

new rubber for the RZR

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
I have a set of 32" Roxxzilla Stickies that I run at SMORR and when I am playing harder. Discount Tire had a flash sale first part of the week on BFG tires so I picked up a set of 32" KM3 to put on some extra wheels for easier/scenic trail riding that I'll be on the road a bit more like SD Black Hills next month and another Arkansas trip over Labor Day weekend. Sale was $110 off a set of 4. Shipped price was <$800. Should be delivered tomorrow so I'll get them mounted up and post up a pic. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

Dumb question, is that the UTV specific KM3 or the truck version? We sell a ton of the UTV version but I imagine the compound is a heck of a lot softer than the truck compound.

Dumb question, is that the UTV specific KM3 or the truck version? We sell a ton of the UTV version but I imagine the compound is a heck of a lot softer than the truck compound.
Mine are UTV version.

I have a durometer so I will check the hardness when I get home from work. They are supposed to be delivered today.

Good call, I think the truck versions would work but with the way higher load capacity they probably wouldn't flex at all. The owner of my shop has 30's on his Northstar crew, 2k purely gravel and street miles on a 2500 lb machine and they look new still. One of the techs has them in 32's on his General crew and he hasn't had any issues in the trails either.

How do they run unbalanced? I am gonna mount them up and take them from a run to see how they ride.. If they are horrible on the road I may have them balanced. I am running the factory Trail and Rock beadlocks though so not sure if it would help much.

Honestly we've never balanced a single set and haven't had any complaints. Boss's Northstar has a tune on it and he's had it over 80mph without any issues.

Lol yeah, fuck a bunch of that noise in that top-heavy bitch. It doesn't get there fast but it'll do it. I had it up to 70 and wussed out.
I have had my 1K XP up to 70 or so before I ran out of road. That was more than fast enough. I have Walker links on my rear sway bar plus 32s on 14" rims and that bitch gets wallowy (?) at speed.

I have had my 1K XP up to 70 or so before I ran out of road. That was more than fast enough. I have Walker links on my rear sway bar plus 32s on 14" rims and that bitch gets wallowy (?) at speed.
The stock springs are hot garbage and do not support weight correctly. The shocks themselves have potential. I've driven a stock Turbo S to an indicated 88 mph, surprisingly stable on stock 32" ITPs. Definitely not intended for that kind of speed but it is capable.

Curious about the weight of these also. I have 32" carnivores on my sami and have thought about grabbing something more along an mt now that I'll probably be doing more pavement. Although, just picking up cheap stock 31-32" take offs probably makes more sense.

Did discount tire offer replacement certs with them?

Got two of them mounted on the stock front rims. They measure 31.75" unmounted, right at 32" tall with 15# of air and not on the machine. I put the front pair in and took it around the block and right away I noticed the RZR steers much easier. The Carnivores and Roxxzillas I have been running are a flatter tread and I never realized how much more steering effort it required.

I checked the hardness with my durometer and they checked at 58 but the tires had been sitting in the sun by the porch where FedEx left them til I got home. My sticky Roxxzillas measured 40 in comparison but weren't sitting in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_160118961_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210619_160118961_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20210619_180645105_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210619_180645105_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210619_180649783_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210619_180649783_HDR.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 36
The stock springs are hot garbage and do not support weight correctly. The shocks themselves have potential. I've driven a stock Turbo S to an indicated 88 mph, surprisingly stable on stock 32" ITPs. Definitely not intended for that kind of speed but it is capable.
Mine has Shock Therapy springs on it. One of the best things I did to it besides the PRP XC seats.

Got the rear tires mounted up last and took it for a rip out to a buddy's house. he's about 7-8 miles away. about 5-6 miles of pavement and the rest gravel. I had a bit of shake in the steering when I ran it up to 55 running down the highway. I only aired the fronts up to 25# or so and looking at them when I got to his place it didn't seem like the inside bead fully seated. I'll air them up a bit more and get the bead to seat. I am running them at 15# and they seem to track well and the steering is much lighter than with the Carnivores I replaced. The Carnivores did seem to run true though and not much shake in the steering. Neither tires are balanced.

I will try seating the inside bead a little better and if that doesn't change it, I'll balance them.

I’ve had my Turbo XP/S up to 87 on the gps with the bighorns on it, on pavement. It was still accelerating but I was on a country road with a 35 mph speed limit. When I let of the gas and all the weight transferred forward it got squirly and scared the shit out of me. I’ve had it up to 80ish a couple times since putting the Patagonia’s on it. I’ve got ZBROS spring package on the big FOX IBP’s

Top Back Refresh