What's new

New Langmuir Crossfire Pro, looking for tips

We drain it after a night of use. But if I’m cutting out stuff or testing i’m not draining and refilling in between each individual cutout
Mine is under a minute to fill or drain but I get that you don't want to mess with it.

I wanted all my trash confined to the table where it's really easy to clean when dry.
I put my slats crosswise to the drain flow direction so all the trash would be skimmed off before draining.

My idea was to keep the trash out of the tank, it's very easy to clean out the pan with shop vac or brush and dust pan.

Even if I have to clean the barrel/tank it's just a slip fit 1.5" PVC pipe and one air line to have the tank out. I plan to just dump it in my creek and flush it when it's time but I hope there isn't a bunch of stuff in it.

It is amazing how much accumulates, waiting until it's a problem would really suck.

I rarely clean mine too. Less than once a year for sure, but all the water is gone in a few days from pan leaks and evap. That's why I want a good drain and a barrel with drain/fill this time around. Hopefully that will make me want to clean it more.

Are you guys buying your fluid? I make my own with some cheap chemicals from Amazon and tap water, dont use dye at all. The dye is only necessary so special people don't try to drink the chemical shit. I only have adults in my house.

I rarely clean mine too. Less than once a year for sure, but all the water is gone in a few days from pan leaks and evap. That's why I want a good drain and a barrel with drain/fill this time around. Hopefully that will make me want to clean it more.

Are you guys buying your fluid? I make my own with some cheap chemicals from Amazon and tap water, dont use dye at all. The dye is only necessary so special people don't try to drink the chemical shit. I only have adults in my house.
Im using the borax method at the moment cause it's super cheap and my style for a version 1.

I definitely did not mix it enough... And I may not have used enough. Im not against the chemical version but I got conflicting recipes and couldn't find the correct stuff in needed quantities to try.

I got really close to just getting the Johnson radiator test tank tablets, they are cheap enough to try.

I really recommend these type valves, they get you a union(s) and valve all in one and make future serviceability really easy.

1000011085.jpg

2 Way PVC Union Ball Valve 1.5" Quick Union Water System Ball Valve Full Port (1 1/2") Amazon.com

Here's the plasma fluid recipe i've been using since I got my table. Nice and cheap. I buy the sodium nitrite and physan20 on amazon. I do sometimes use blue dye because I like blue.

From Plasma Quench Recipe for Water Table Use - PlasmaSpider.com

Here's the recipe for home-made PlasmaQuench
1/4 pound of sodium nitrite powder ($15/pound) "anti-rust additive" NOTE: nitrite NOT nitrate!
1 teaspoon of Physan 20 ($8/8oz bottle) "antibacterial/antifungal additive"
1 oz Ultramarine blue food-grade dye ($5/oz.) "color added so folks won't drink out of it!"
Mix well, treats 75 gallons of water.

The dye is only necessary so special people don't try to drink the chemical shit. I only have adults in my house.

Yeah, you'd have to be a special kind of special to want to drink out of a plasma table! :barf:

1/4 pound of sodium nitrite powder ($15/pound) "anti-rust additive" NOTE: nitrite NOT nitrate!

Funny how a single letter changes "anti-rust" to "powerful oxidizer" there! :eek:

I had hell finding a source of that sodium nitrite powder. Any suggestions?

I had hell finding a source of that sodium nitrite powder. Any suggestions?

I ordered it on amazon last time, but I don't see it anywhere anymore other than this one that's only avail with a business account:

This site sells 50# bags of it, which would be a lifetime supply for us, lol.

I'm not going to need any for a while, so us know if you find an easy source. Maybe it's more regulated than it used to be.

Maybe it's more regulated than it used to be.
Apparently people were using it to commit suicide so a few States have banned non-commercial sales of it and they're working on a National ban... :shaking:

What was being said about "special" people? I can think of quite a few things that would cause death if misused. Should we be banning everything?

Although, I have to admit the internet economy has changed the playing field. It used to be you had to know what you were doing to even find information about such things and where you had to go to buy them. Now you just do a Google search and have it shipped to your door.

I have had rust/moisture problems for so long in my shop I didn't want a open pan of water constantly evaporating.

Top Back Refresh