What's new

New Chevy Avalanche AKA Silverado EV

lepp1892

Member Number
Chevy revealed the New EV Silverado - Looks like a more modern Avalanche. Unibody electric platform they are using on the Hummer EV.

I do not like.

1641411814342.png

Forgot about the announcement. Looks like I didn't miss much.
Moving/folding back wall allows for 11' space in the bed. Didn't like trucks that have done that in the past, this one isn't going to change my mind on it.

images(2).jpg

Chevy doesn't include any concrete details regarding how it'll manage such a feat. That alone makes it seem iffy, but look closer and you'll see that the Silverado EV sports eight-lug wheels, just like a three-quarter or one-ton truck. A curious addition, for sure, especially since the R1T wears five-lug rollers and, the Lightning, six-lug.

message-editor%2F1641402235496-silveradoevinline5.jpg

Chevrolet

The press release from Chevy words it like this: "After initial launch, Chevrolet will introduce a fleet model with up to 20,000 pounds max trailering with the max tow package." While little else is mentioned, the fact that a fleet model is specified gives a good hint. Your neighborhood Silverado EV mall crawler isn't likely to have this much towing capacity; instead, it'll be targeted at working customers who rely on their trucks to make a living.

Who wants to bet this is a big brother prelude into what kind of "truck" will be available to the everyday consumer in the coming years?

so its uglier than the Avalanche was and loses the best part of the avalanche (IMO) in the bed-side storage.

Personally I love the fold down rear cab on my EXT. Numerous times I've had a load of 4x8's inside, covered by the bed covers out of the elements, and don't have to drive a CCLB.

Again, Harry Homeowner vs usemytruckforalivingguy

Space out announcements keeps the stock up, been working for 7 years so far.

we should already have all electric and self driving by now from all the announcements.

never mind the flying cars we were promised since the 50's

I don't know why gm doesn't just go unibody, full independent suspension and awd only on all their shit. Not like anyone is using them for actual work anyway :flipoff2:

As long as they don't fuck with the 3500. I keep buying crew cab long beds and filling them up then towing.

I'll deal with an alignment once in awhile compared to the money pit every Ford has been for me.

The WT version is a step closer to what I'd want in an EV vehicle. Just can't see an EV pickup being very useful with today's battery tech, charging tech and infrastructure.

Like the e-Golf, I simply want a regular car with an EV drive drive train. I don't need any luxury gadgets or futuristic "look at me" styling BS. The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is pretty damn good value right now.

Top Back Refresh