What's new

New braking technology.

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
New brake technology from Porsche. It's expensive of course because it's from Zuffenhousen, but if they license the technology to other mfg's the price may come down, still it's much cheaper than carbon-ceramic. Dude is a bit annoying, but he covers all the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCj83_uF9dE

Eh, it's neat but I doubt we'll see it trickle down into the average car anytime soon. If it does it'll be wicked expensive to fix and I'll have to listen to even more customers whinge about having to replace rotors after they run their brakes metal to metal.

This has been out for a couple years now...it's interesting sure but on the average vehicle isn't worth it whatsoever.

Eh, it's neat but I doubt we'll see it trickle down into the average car anytime soon. If it does it'll be wicked expensive to fix and I'll have to listen to even more customers whinge about having to replace rotors after they run their brakes metal to metal.

If you watch the video, he goes into the cost. People that run their pads down fare enough to ruin the rotors, get what they deserve.

Meh, thought it would be something neat like Eddy Current braking. That's just a brake system coating. Eddy Current brakes is what they use on bullet trains. So, it is well proven. If it was a hybrid, then you could use regenerative braking.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh