What's new

Neil Diamond is..

I'd rather be forced to watch Rick Astley do all the things he said he's never gonna do to Boy George than sit through a Neil Diamond show. I'd even rather see Abba.

His acting is atrocious in two-lane blacktop. The role is mostly sitting in a car looking cool, but he can't even do that. He is always aware that he is acting. Part of the charm of the movie, really, is James Taylor's awful acting.

I've never seen it and wasn't aware he did any acting. I tried to stay unaware of James Taylor in general, haha. Will have to check it out though :beer:

I've never seen it and wasn't aware he did any acting. I tried to stay unaware of James Taylor in general, haha. Will have to check it out though :beer:

Wow, what a privilege. I got to introduce Two Lane Blacktop to someone in an auto interest community.

It's core Auto movie canon:

The OLD B classics are:

Bullitt
Two-Lane Blacktop
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Vanishing Point
Gone in Sixty Seconds
American Graffiti
Mad Max

There are others, and Bullitt is not a primarily car-focused movie (it's pretty good IMO) but gets on the list because of the Charger/Mustang chase scene. Trivia: The 390 Mustang exhaust noise is actually the 427 from the Ford GT40. They are both FE engines with the same firing order, but obviously the GT with it's spaghetti headers and race cam is a bit more spicy than even a late-60s 390.

The French Connection is an honorable mention for the el-train chase scene when Popeye commandeers the citizen's car and wrecks it :lmao: Do you pick your feet in Poughkeepsie? But again as a non-car oriented movie it doesn't quite qualify because as good as that scene is, it's not quite up to the snuff of Bullitt.

Smokey and the Bandit, Blues Brothers, Gumball Rally... those don't really belong on the list as even as much as I like the Trans Am and gear-jammin', it doesn't quite hit that particular spot. It hits all of its notes perfectly, but that's not one of its notes. The other two just aren't that good as car movies, and only people not into cars consider them car movies IMO, especially Blues Brothers. They just get added to round out top 10 lists.

I guess I'm saying, as an A-list actor vehicle, Smokey and the Bandit is in a class all its own. The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it.

Wow, what a privilege. I got to introduce Two Lane Blacktop to someone in an auto interest community.

The OLD B classics are:

Bullitt
Two-Lane Blacktop
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Vanishing Point
Gone in Sixty Seconds
American Graffiti
Mad Max

There are others, and Bullitt is not a primarily car-focused movie (it's pretty good IMO) but gets on the list because of the Charger/Mustang chase scene. Trivia: The 390 Mustang exhaust noise is actually the 427 from the Ford GT40. They are both FE engines with the same firing order, but obviously the GT with it's spaghetti headers and race cam is a bit more spicy than even a late-60s 390.

The French Connection is an honorable mention for the el-train chase scene when Popeye commandeers the citizen's car and wrecks it :lmao: Do you pick your feet in Poughkeepsie? But again as a non-car oriented movie it doesn't quite qualify because as good as that scene is, it's not quite up to the snuff of Bullitt.

Smokey and the Bandit, Blues Brothers, Gumball Rally... those don't really belong on the list as even as much as I like the Trans Am and gear-jammin', it doesn't quite hit that particular spot. It hits all of its notes perfectly, but that's not one of its notes. The other two just aren't that good as car movies, and only people not into cars consider them car movies IMO, especially Blues Brothers. They just get added to round out top 10 lists.

I guess I'm saying, as an A-list actor vehicle, Smokey and the Bandit is in a class all its own. The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it.

Some of your posts make sense and are agreeable, this is one.

I'd rather be forced to watch Rick Astley do all the things he said he's never gonna do to Boy George than sit through a Neil Diamond show. I'd even rather see Abba.

Yeah but Abba is kick ass. I'd rather sit through an Abba show than a lot of things.

Are you kidding? ABBA is fawking awesome. Perfect example of "artists" that sucked money out of the crowd while singing about their own marital issues, and divorces, destroyed by "success"...

It was epic. Had to listen to that shit on long road trips. Even at 10, I could tell something wasn't right.

People all over were dancing and playing that shit like it was gold.

I played some of that sitting on a patio in Hawai'i, honeymoon, head phones on, and the new "wife" could somehow hear it 3 rooms away, and gave me shit.

It was pure gold, I tells ya.

We had to sing this in grade 6, which is a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Qq...jdVlRjDOv6DAT3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j6OI9TxqzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUrzicaiRLU

The Blondie had good pipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIOl-s7JTU

Last edited:
so more pedo lyrics?
cause that song is creepy af too.

How gullible some people are 🙄 You are referring to Sweet Caroline of course. That song was a love song to his wife Marcia, but he couldn't get a 'Marcia' rhyme. He needed a three-syllable name and remembered seeing a picture of Caroline Kennedy. That's how the song came about. Songwriters get their inspiration from lots of sources.
I'm out of this stupid community of retarded people. I have the impression that I'm on a site for Trump supporters 🙄

Last edited:
so more pedo lyrics?
cause that song is creepy af too.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fidata.over-blog.com%2F0%2F37%2F84%2F69%2Fphoto%2Fkojak-story3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg

The OLD B classics are:

Bullitt
Two-Lane Blacktop
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Vanishing Point
Gone in Sixty Seconds
American Graffiti
Mad Max

You just bought yourself 100 fame points for this post. I knew about all of these, of course. I was sure I wasn't the only one, or anyone here, so GG.

You're still under water by about 5000 fame points. Keep going.

How gullible some people are 🙄 You are referring to Sweet Caroline of course. That song was a love song to his wife Marcia, but he couldn't get a 'Marcia' rhyme. He needed a three-syllable name and remembered seeing a picture of Caroline Kennedy. That's how the song came about. Songwriters get their inspiration from lots of sources.
I'm out of this stupid community of retarded people. I have the impression that I'm on a site for Trump supporters 🙄

https://www.nme.com/news/music/nme-1531-1338162

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20.../usa.musicnews

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2007...etty_imag.html

http://archive.boston.com/ae/celebri...line_revealed/

how many articles from 2007 reporting his direct quote made to the AP reporters do you want?

Dude, really?

I mean fuck me, you obviously don't have kids.

Is Neil a perv? Who the fuck knows. But take that picture in context. It's the fucking Kennedys!

Think about when this was taken a little more.

20_jackie_lg.jpg

FFS, *think* about the times. That fucking article breaking down the lyrics? What a shit show.

Not defending some singer, but look at the Father looking at his little girl.

Holy fuck, has it gone so far that people can't even do shit without some kind of bullshit invented intent?

or you would read the lyrics that talk about all the touching, and then realize that he wrote it about a 9 year old girl.

by his own admission.

this is getting good.

or you would read the lyrics that talk about all the touching, and then realize that he wrote it about a 9 year old girl.

by his own admission.

this is getting good.

Got it. You're into Miley Cyrus.

You just got upset over a discussion about a musical artist, then insulted everyone's intellect, and dismissed us on a political basis.

What I can gather from all of this is that staunch Neil Diamond fans suck, which says a lot about Neil Diamond.

Not everyone has to like what you like, Chief.

by his own admission.

this is getting good.

Dee Snyder famously shot down Tipper Gore about "sadomasochistic lyrics" in a song he wrote about surgery, said the lyrics are only sadomasochistic if that's what you're looking for. I looked up the words to Sweet Caroline and there's nothing scandalous there unless that's what you want to find. Having seen the pic the song was based on, it seems like it would be a loving song between a father and daughter.

In summary, quit projecting your perversions :flipoff2:

From the article above:

The inspiration for the song came from a photograph of the then nine-year-old Kennedy the singer saw in a magazine while staying at a hotel in Memphis.

Yet, check this out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Kennedy

Kennedy was five days shy of her sixth birthday when her father was assassinated

Good sources, dude.

:flipoff2:

Let's pick apart the discrepancy in journalism.

Last edited:
so that's the only nitpick?
You can't refute that the man said the words that he said to AP reporters in 2007?

that sweet caroline is about a pre pubescent girl.

see how effective the black text is when you use the right shade?

I can't refute that you're an angry white male that works in I.T. and hasn't found a good man yet, either.

:laughing:
Nerd!

Last edited:

You just got Cvnt of the year award. :homer:

You just got upset over a discussion about a musical artist, then insulted everyone's intellect, and dismissed us on a political basis.

What I can gather from all of this is that staunch Neil Diamond fans suck, which says a lot about Neil Diamond.

Not everyone has to like what you like, Chief.

Two great posts in one thread? Are we gonna be BFFs?:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh