What's new

Needing flatbed more than pickup bed

ridenby

Member Number
Loc
Kentucky
Needing a flat bed so I can reach junk in/on bed. Thinking of just pulling bed sides from pickup bed and using the floor of bed . Tried selling bed, no one wanted to pay more than 300. Flats are couple of thousand. This would be less costly. And light. Truck is cucv,135hp in 1984. Doubt it has gained any hp since then. What you think...

Neither flat nor sturdy.

It must be a complete pile of shit in alaska cause even remotely sound beds go for $300 any where in the lower 48.

Only new truck $1000/month guys buy new flat beds for thousands of dollars.

Posting your location might help.........

But whatever you do dont post a pic and location at the same time.

Neither flat nor sturdy.

It must be a complete pile of shit in alaska cause even remotely sound beds go for $300 any where in the lower 48.

Only new truck $1000/month guys buy new flat beds for thousands of dollars.

Posting your location might help.........

But whatever you do dont post a pic and location at the same time.
Read the fuckin profile thing. In the dicktatership of Kentucky. Metal is high. My time welding a bunch of stuff together is cutting into drinking time.

Picture of said truck.

Attachments

• 77007310_565742760845678_2449650999753703424_o.jpg
    77007310_565742760845678_2449650999753703424_o.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 52
Jesus. Ken****y is 41,000 sqr miles. Its 500 fucking miles from end to end. Might put 2 fucking seconds of effort in to say where the fuck you are.

No wonder you cant sell the damn thing. Yer tarded.

Put some taller shit kickers on so you can reach cupcake

Looked at any local junkyards or pick-n-pulls?

Not saying you will find one that will be an exact fit, but you might find a close enough for cheap that you can make fit.

I would be concerned that the bed floor will be flimsy and weak after you remove the sides.

How weird would it look to cut down the body line thingy, the line just above the tail light, and then top it with some flat iron.

That would lower the bed side like 6-8 inches.

Cutting down to the floor, you’d still need some metal work to create a side that isn’t a skin opener.

I have a few more pics, not much better tho. We took the sides off my brothers 75 k10. 45 on the corners and some angle iron for a border. Nothing too fancy but it worked...
20210907_004713.jpg
20210907_004932.jpg

How weird would it look to cut down the body line thingy, the line just above the tail light, and then top it with some flat iron.

That would lower the bed side like 6-8 inches.

Cutting down to the floor, you’d still need some metal work to create a side that isn’t a skin opener.

I see a dent side running around that did that. It doesn't look horrible, and it kinda still useful as a regular bed.

Funny, this popped up. I had a cucv last year with a flat bed, guy I sold it to wanted to switch for a regular bed. I doubt the logistics of KY to CA would work out though.

What about rock sliders with a step like deal that runs full length?

Needing a flat bed so I can reach junk in/on bed. Thinking of just pulling bed sides from pickup bed and using the floor of bed . Tried selling bed, no one wanted to pay more than 300. Flats are couple of thousand.

Used to be able to sell used, straight squarebody bedsides for $500/side. Way easier to transport than a whole bed too.

Unless you have recycled or home-sawn lumber.... wooden flatbed it going to cost you.

Folks actively selling a flatbed are proud of them. They also likely fawked around for days stripping the heavy mofo off a truck and moving it around. Now if you find a dead truck in the weeds with the deck you want; a u-pull arrangement. That's going to be a cheaper buy. I've never dropped more than $500 on any bed, box, deck, etc.

Used to be able to sell used, straight squarebody bedsides for $500/side. Way easier to transport than a whole bed too.

Unless you have recycled or home-sawn lumber.... wooden flatbed it going to cost you.

Folks actively selling a flatbed are proud of them. They also likely fawked around for days stripping the heavy mofo off a truck and moving it around. Now if you find a dead truck in the weeds with the deck you want; a u-pull arrangement. That's going to be a cheaper buy. I've never dropped more than $500 on any bed, box, deck, etc.
Wood is way down from earlier this year. 5/4"x8ft PT deck boards are about $5 each. $60 would get you a deck, just need cross supports. Easily under $200 for an entire bed.

Must be nice. Down a little here, not a lot. I was thinking rough-cut 2x fir throughout.

Top Back Refresh