What's new

Need help finding a grommet

Ugly pumpkin

Member Number
Loc
Port Huron, Michigan
Putting in a fresh motor and trans for a friend. 90° grommet in valve cover is apparently unubtainiam.
Part number: 10239850

Any help or ideas?

Edit: 2000 chevy c3500 srw 7.4 auto not kalifornia

Pic
1662744467871382096312088468808.jpg

Discontinued part from doing a quick search, but this place lists one in stock:

Hopefully they actually have the part in stock. Good luck... :beer:

Couldn't you just find a grommet to fit the hole size and then stick an elbow fitting in it?

On mine, no pic at the moment, but I used a regular valve cover grommet and a piece of a/c aluminum line with a washer epoxied to it for a stop.

Even though it is thin, could you weld an NPT bung to it?

I've had my welder put aluminum fittings onto cast aluminum transfer cases in the past with no issues.

On mine, no pic at the moment, but I used a regular valve cover grommet and a piece of a/c aluminum line with a washer epoxied to it for a stop.
Both viable options. At this point I'm just trying to find a $5 fitting that will show up in the mailbox. Save my guy a little cash.

How about a standard PCV grommet and 90* fitting?

edit: never mind... potato internet and the pic on post #5 hadn't loaded.

I have the benders and flaring tools for that fix. Where do I get the tubing?
And make it not leak like yours.:laughing:

Edit: I guess put a barb or bubble on the tube end where it goes in the grommet.
Will look around tomorrow for parts and report back.
It's off of a a/c system lol. I'm not sure where to buy it in bulk.

Same truck, different question. Should I loctite the oil pump mounting bolt? If so, red or blue?
Should I put RTV on pickup tube where it presses into oil pump?

Thanks?:flipoff2:

Same truck, different question. Should I loctite the oil pump mounting bolt? If so, red or blue?
Should I put RTV on pickup tube where it presses into oil pump?

Thanks?:flipoff2:
Check the temp specs on whatever thread locker you use. Some of them get soft at temps that are in the high end of what oil will be.

Top Back Refresh