What's new

My Juggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 sides and down

2 - get a hydramat

3 - 3 sides and down on both hoses. Up the hose size to 5/8 and ditch the cans.

Also, why did you go to a LS1 intake on this 5.3 ? You lost a lot of torque down low. Put a truck intake back on :)

Did the 3 sides and down on the fuel cell vent. Did a quick fix on the PCV by sticking a small breather on one side of the catch can then capping the other ports. Tested it out yesterday. Fixed.

IMG_20220826_174610.jpg

IMG_20220826_174631.jpg

pic-01.jpg

pic-13.jpg

pic-09.jpg

Wheeling at the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs annual Fall Crawl last weekend. Rig was working great until the very last obstacle of the weekend when the rear driveshaft fell out. T-case output flange bolts all loosened up and went MIA. A couple other lessons learned: 1.) Frame side front lower control arm brackets need skid plates asap 2.) Front lower control arms are an inch or so too short; too much thread showing on the Johnny joint led to bent shanks. I'm flip-flopping between using DOM again or going with solid aluminum. 3.) I can't live without cupholders and a phone mount for much longer.

Overall I am super happy with the suspension. Very stable off camber without sway bars and the front stays loaded on steep climbs so no plans right now to add a suck down.

pic-001.jpg

pic-024.jpg

pic-012.jpg

pic-021.jpg

pic-017.jpg

pic-015.jpg

when you model this in solid works can you actually see the suspension cycle and things like that? and if you can how does it compare to real world wheeling?

when you model this in solid works can you actually see the suspension cycle and things like that? and if you can how does it compare to real world wheeling?
It depends on how you model it, but yes, you can move parts in the model and see how things interact together.

It's also possible to set it up with generic placeholders that show where it will be when it cycles. And you can use this to drive placement of shock, bumpstops, and limit straps.

Yes. There are several techniques available. One is selective use of assembly "mates". For example if you create a reference point at the ball center of a heim joint, another reference point at the center of a control arm bracket, and mate the two reference points to share the same location while leaving rotations free then you are modeling the behavior of a link end. The underlying mathematics is a bit tricky and can easily become "overconstrained" (= no unique mathematical solution). The "mate" technique is very simplistic and does not handle the mathematics well unless you order the mates in a certain way. There are "multi body dynamic" add-ons that enable modeling much more sophisticated connections and apply advanced techniques to avoid overconstraints.

One of the underlying assumptions is that all the parts are rigid and do not deform. In the real world parts can deform but in most cases the deformations are tiny and thus the rigid assumption will closely match the real world. Another limitation is that the program does not automatically detect contact between parts. You need to check for interferences visually or through manual application of a clash detection tool.

The following is a video I created when designing the bump stop landing pads. The suspension starts at full bump. One side is held at full bump while the other side is moved to full extension. The motion of the bump stop over the landing pad seen in the model almost exactly matches the "as built" behavior except that you can see there are some small "penetrations" in the model because contact is not enforced.

wow,, that is super bad ass. and i mean that . thats so cool.

wow is all i got.
and i have that same issue with my bump, but i cant be out side the rig and make it cylcle like that while driving in a ditch at an angle. so this is very handy indeed.

Wheeling last weekend at the club's annual pig roast. Forecast had us getting hammered with rain all day Saturday by an outer band of hurricane Ian. Fortunately, the rain faded away by late morning making for a slippery but otherwise dry day on the trail. Ended up getting dragged out of the woods after my fuel pump shit the bed. Brand new external Walbro 255 with 9 trail rides under its belt. I ordered two replacements as a quick fix (and spare) while I figure out how best to retrofit an internal pump to the Jaz fuel cell. Open to ideas.

pic-02.jpg

pic-10.jpg

pic-29.jpg

[...] I figure out how best to retrofit an internal pump to the Jaz fuel cell. Open to ideas.
Stock silverado pump.
Just like Goatbuilt offers on their tanks.

Have one in my buggy for the past 3 years. Beat on it plenty, no issues.

I added a hydramat and it will suck the tank completely dry. No problem at any angle either.

^^ Yup. I fought external pumps for years. Once I went to a in-tank pump I never had a problem. (well other than that fuckin broken wire once) Stock 60 psi pump works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh