What's new

My 2013 and a small to-do list

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
Hi, I'm Austin, I have a Jeep issue ....

So I've had 6 Jeeps since I was 18, CJ5s, a CJ8 and JK. All trailered trail rigs until the JK, and then I wondered why I never had one to drive around on the street before lol.

My current Jeep is a 2013 JKUR:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8884.PNG Views:	249 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	62486

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8883.PNG Views:	209 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	62487

I got pretty lucky that this came on the market right as I started looking for a family friendly street-able rig that could still wheel. The previous owner went crazy on it, all the work was done by professional shops in the Vegas area and I got a receipt for EVERYTHING. By crazy I mean:
  • Axels: Teraflex adjustable ball joints, evo c-gussets, seals, sleeve kits, Yukon chromoly shafts and Spicer u-joints, Yukon ring & pinon 5.13 gears, Riddler nodular iron diff covers
  • Adams 1310 severe duty drive shafts front and rear
  • Teraflex big brake kit on all 4
  • Artec Industries full skid plate system
  • Rock Krawler mid arm lift kit
  • Custom valved 2.0 King coilovers with remote reservoirs, rebel offroad brackets and mounting hardware. 12” front and 14” rear travel.
  • King hydraulic bump stops
  • Artec industries front track bar
  • Fox ATS steering stabilizer
  • Rpm fab aluminum drag link and tie
  • 37”x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
  • 17” Trail Ready bead locks w/world series rings
  • Poison Spyder: brawler front bumper, rock brawler tire carrier rear bumper, aluminum crusher fenders on all 4 corners, crusher corner armor with led tail lamps/signals and evap skid plate
  • Warn m8000s, synthetic rope, factor 55 shackle
  • Yellow top dual battery setup
  • Painless performance 250 amp dual battery controller/manager
  • Power rockslide engineering steps
  • Arb twin compressor with multiple air chuck points on the jeep
  • AFE cold air intake with prefilter
  • AFE Y Pipe, 3” AFE cat back exhaust with custom high tuck and before-axle-dump to allow more ground clearance in the back of the jeep
  • Bully dog gt programmer
  • Spod 6-circuit switch bank
  • Rigid dually spots on a pillars and 10” e-series light bar above fairlead
  • 8 oro rock lights on the corners and behind each wheel
  • Truck-lite led headlights
  • Train horn
All that and I picked it up for close to $3k over the high side of Blue Book ... I feel like I did good. I feel like a hack for posting I had Zero part in building ... but it's what I got at the moment.

I have a few things I need to working on:
  • I was having some battery issues, and I don’t like Optimas, so I got two new odysseys. Replacing the one under the hood was no problem, the one located remotely in the rear won’t fit into the mount, so I haven’t replaced it. It sits high on the wheel well which I don’t like so I’d like to get both batteries under the hood.

I really don’t know how far I want to take this Jeep. I really want a Dan Dibble like rig, probably my all-time favorite rig. This was really just bought so I can have something that is somewhat family friendly right now. This fits the bill and is very capable to wheel. The PO went full Re-Re on the stock axels, I still wonder how well they will hold up. I’m on the look out for a set of tons I can slowly work on and prep. We bought this in Vegas and spent a few days driving it back to STL. Never hit any crazy trails because I know better than wheel’s alone but the trails (gravel roads) we did hit was enough to get the wife excited about a trip through CO or similar with the fam. I’d love to find a small trailer to pull so we can make that happen…. Then again .. I want a Dibble like rig so … when do I stop with this lol?!?!?

Welcome to our JK section sir. :smokin:

Dirtman is gonna be really disappointed in this. :lmao:

If'n ya lean over them back ones another 15 degrees you can even use longer ones. :laughing:

Meanwhile ... have fun! :beer:

:lmao:

I'd wheel it as is until something breaks. I'm running around on 40s & stockish axles and haven't had a problem yet. I also realize I'm wheeling a JKUR and not a Bomber Fab car. I'd sell my jeep before I ever bothered to put tons in it.

Last edited:
No need to feel like a hack buying a built rig. You end up getting really nice parts for free. Nothing hack about that...............that's just smart. I'll never sell my JK because I have a ton of money in it and it's not worth shit if I ever tried to sell it.

I believe the coilovers in the rear need to be rebuilt. I’ve had to top them off twice now. I’ve never rebuilt Kings before so there will be a learning curve there.

Maybe we can get Frank to throw out one of his videos on the process.:bounce2:

:smokin:

im new to the Jeep world but still a Jeep hater :flipoff2:

taking mine out this coming weekend to Colorado/ Moab. Same boat. Came from a fully dedicated crawler to something I can pack the kids in and enjoy the outdoors.

You are by no means a hack.. Your rig is done, to the point you can wheel it and have fun. It will be next summer before my jk gets done.

Good luck trying to keep that thing off jack stands. As in where my jeep sat for 3 ish years.

You are by no means a hack.. Your rig is done, to the point you can wheel it and have fun. It will be next summer before my jk gets done.

Good luck trying to keep that thing off jack stands. As in where my jeep sat for 3 ish years.

Yes, there's something to be said for having a Jeep that works.

Top Back Refresh