What's new

Mutual Assistance Group in your hood.

VEX

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Sack Kali
Mainly for those in the suburbs, have any of you thought of starting a MAG ( Mutual Assistance Group) in your neighborhood?
Basically a group of like minded people to take a stand against any attempt at Antifa type violence on your streets.
Blocking off key streets, armed deterrence, and sharing of resources if it comes your way. Status quo until it’s time to enact the plan. But there has to be a plan first.

i’m considering starting one but it would have to involve asking everyone to get onboard and I’m leery of asking the wrong people and showing my hand.
Discuss.

nope.

planning is essential, sticking to a plan is suicide :rasta:

I talk to my neighbors in a neighborly fashion. that is plenty :laughing: neighborhood violence from not agents of the state in a co-ordinated manner beyond 'gang activity' ?

nope.

planning is essential, sticking to a plan is suicide :rasta:

I talk to my neighbors in a neighborly fashion. that is plenty :laughing: neighborhood violence from not agents of the state in a co-ordinated manner beyond 'gang activity' ?

This would be a last resort type effort should the police abandon their duty and leave our self defense in our hands. The neighborhood as I know consists of probably 6-8 houses in either direction. We know each other but don’t exactly talk about this type of thing.

My feeling is that it’s going to take many more in the surrounding area to be an effective force.

As as far as the gang label, if the SHTF I’m guessing it’s not going to be a significant issue.

Maybe my place is unusual.. but I don’t really talk to my neighbors. I rarely even see them outside, and that’s three different houses.

I wouldn’t trust my neighbors truthfully. Now up on the 4dee that a totally different story.

I live behind a gate with manned shack, only one way in.

if they want in my neighborhood, they better be driving trucks with lawnmowers and weed whackers in the back.

on a more serious note, alignment with like minded neighbors is a good thing, and will probably be a good idea moving forward.
this current crap will blow over soon enough but it’s only a matter of time before the next “thing” rears it’s ugly head.

if it were me, I would call for a neighborhood meeting of some sorts, keep “my” cards very close to my chest, and just ask what people’s concerns are.
You will be able to tell fairly easy who you want to invite to a 2nd meeting.

Best o Luck
keep is posted.

Maybe my place is unusual.. but I don’t really talk to my neighbors. I rarely even see them outside, and that’s three different houses.

I wouldn’t trust my neighbors truthfully. Now up on the 4dee that a totally different story.

I'm the same way. I'll wave and be friendly but that's about it. I talk to one of my neighbors, who's actually a cop in a different really shitty ghetto suburb, and that's about it. It's like the zombie apocalypse in my neighborhood, really quiet and people are rarely out. We have just about every race represented and evreyone seems pretty cool blue collar middle to lower middle class, I'm not worried. Also after all this shit went down I have planned out about 4 different offroad exits out of here if the SHTF.

Decent amount of Latinos in my neighborhood so im sure if a pack of:mr-t: or white kid looters came in to start some crap they would be the first ones out cracking skulls.

Last edited:
I live behind a gate with manned shack, only one way in.

if they want in my neighborhood, they better be driving trucks with lawnmowers and weed whackers in the back.

on a more serious note, alignment with like minded neighbors is a good thing, and will probably be a good idea moving forward.
this current crap will blow over soon enough but it’s only a matter of time before the next “thing” rears it’s ugly head.

if it were me, I would call for a neighborhood meeting of some sorts, keep “my” cards very close to my chest, and just ask what people’s concerns are.
You will be able to tell fairly easy who you want to invite to a 2nd meeting.

Best o Luck
keep is posted.

Good advice and precisely what I had planned, just not sure the best way to go about it initially.
Flyers on doors for a multi block party perhaps? Flyers giving an email addy for contact if interested?
I just don’t want to be the only one out there defending my shit while they gain traction in the neighborhood. Numbers are key.

All of this could very well be a waste of effort but if someone in the neighborhood reached out to me in the same way, I’d be interested. I’m just trying to be the proactive one since nobody has yet.

Smith and wesson
ruger
Colt both
Springfield both.
(Edit for the non weapon guys) handgun and long gun.
Winchester:usa:
Benelli
Are my close group, they have friends.:stirthepot:

Disclaimer
I live outta town, fair idea for the sheeples tho.:lmao:

This would be a last resort type effort should the police abandon their duty and leave our self defense in our hands. The neighborhood as I know consists of probably 6-8 houses in either direction. We know each other but don’t exactly talk about this type of thing.

My feeling is that it’s going to take many more in the surrounding area to be an effective force.

As as far as the gang label, if the SHTF I’m guessing it’s not going to be a significant issue.

"if nobody is in charge, you are in charge"

it is pretty amazing how quickly a bunch of people with a common general interest will get involved with the slightest bit of motivation. :beer: probably worthwhile to have the conversation with the 2 or so houses you know the best, if shit hits the fan, yall get to it and everybody else will stay inside without having to feel bad about it or join in.

I'm the same way. I'll wave and be friendly but that's about it. I talk to one of my neighbors, who's actually a cop in a different really shitty ghetto suburb, and that's about it. It's like the zombie apocalypse in my neighborhood, really quiet and people are rarely out. We have just about every race represented and evreyone seems pretty cool blue collar middle to lower middle class, I'm not worried. Also after all this shit went down I have planned out about 4 different offroad exits out of here if the SHTF.

Decent amount of Latinos in my neighborhood so im sure if a pack of:mr-t: or white kid looters came in to start some crap they would be the first ones out cracking skulls.

Our hood is really quiet as well. Lots of families and elderly, and everyone keeps to themselves for the most part but always friendly when you see them.
These idiots have threatened to come into suburbia and wreak havoc so I think the neighborhood should have a plan is all. Might not ever happen but I didn’t think 2020 would happen like it has either.

In a similar situation. I kept my house in the city when we bought our place in BFE, but I still stay there occasionally when we need to go into town for shopping etc. I lived there for about 25 years and rarely talked to my neighbors as they moved in and out of the area so quickly. Based on the bumper stickers and yard signs, I wouldn't trust any of them in that type of situation or let them know about any plans I might have.

At my place out here in BFE I know my neighbors and most are like minded and mostly able to take care of our area. Out here my few neighbors even share our house keys so we can keep an eye on each others homes if they are out of town.

Smith and wesson
ruger
Colt both
Springfield both.
Benelli

Disclaimer

I may or may not have a few of the same friends, but others with like friends would be a better advantage.

I cant move away for better ground for a few years so I’m stuck here trying to make the best of it.

Live on a rd with 7 other houses. I am the second to last and everyone in front of me are Vietnam war vets, full blown preppers, and convinced the end of times are comming. I'm not to concerned where I'm at and we would all do whatever necessary to help out eachother out.

Reactions: Clb
Our hood is really quiet as well. Lots of families and elderly, and everyone keeps to themselves for the most part but always friendly when you see them.
These idiots have threatened to come into suburbia and wreak havoc so I think the neighborhood should have a plan is all. Might not ever happen but I didn’t think 2020 would happen like it has either.

I'm not going to lie I was spazzing out a bit when they made that threat. Then looked at things logically and realized there are far richer, juicier targets that would make for bigger statements for these retards away from here. We were relatively untouched during the chimp out, and it was oddly quiet in our town. All 4 directions around us were a shit show though.

We have discussed cross fire and which homes have children. Beyond that it's everyman for himself and I didn't hear or see shit.

There are only 4 houses on our dead end street, and we've all looked out for one another for the past 25 years.

I think we're good.....

I only know 1 of my neighbors by name, and 2 of his kids. I knew another fella, but he moved.

My neighborhood is about 60-70% black so I'm a minority here. Nextdoor family that I'm cordial with is alright, drives an early '70s Impala "Donk" on 24s. He borrows my tools and I fix his kid's bicycles, he brings me burgers, brawts, and pork chops when he's grilling. We shoot the shit on occasion, I know he's got at least a hand gun in the house, just from conversation. I'm sure he's seen me carrying enough rifle cases to and from the Jeep to know I'm armed too.

I was concerned about him at first, pretty sure he was selling at least pot from his home, had a lot of random visitors that would stop by for 5-10 minutes at a time, all hours of the day. And he was skunking up our end of the street from his garage most Saturdays. Now with medical marijuana legal, and him having some in laws move in with him, his business has really slowed down if not stopped all together.

Neighbors on the other side are young, Caucasian, and either still in or just out of college, it's hard to tell there's at least 4 that live there fulltime, maybe 6 total frequently there. They're all inept at life, I've fixed more flats for them than I've cared to, rescued their dog from the street half a dozen times, offered advice on vehicle issues, etc. I'm stereotyping, but based on their appearance and noticing one wearing a shirt for one of the state's private liberal arts schools, I'm sure they're quite liberal. However, we were both hit by a "ding-dong ditch" bandit a couple months back, someone ran up beat on our front doors and ran away, caught them on my ring camera. I went out to investigate with my 870 that's got a Surefire strapped to it. Perpetrator was long gone, and my young liberal neighbors were freaking out, they sent one sacrificial lamb out to check, the rest huddled behind their door. When they saw me with the shotgun, they were all relieved enough to come out and see what was going on.

Neighbor across the street is always fighting with his cow of a wife. They're usually half drunk and yelling at each other. They're white trash, and have a toddler that's usually playing in the street.

Neighbor directly across from me are a bunch of college age girls, all renters, or maybe one of their parents bought the house. They keep to themselves, but yard work only happens on weekends that one of their dads comes over to do it.

So I don't see myself starting a mutual assistance group in my neighborhood. I fear if anything, it'd be everyone hoping Lee assists them. I'd help out my ex-pot dealing, donk driver, neighbor, we've got a good relationship and in general he's a good dude. White trash is on their own, all of the college kids are pretty much SOL too.

We bought 115 acres of swampy woods, about 30 miles away, so we'll be building and moving to our own compound, where the Mutual Assistance Group will consist of myself and SWMBO, maybe some livestock and a dog.

I only know 1 of my neighbors by name, and 2 of his kids. I knew another fella, but he moved.

My neighborhood is about 60-70% black so I'm a minority here. Nextdoor family that I'm cordial with is alright, drives an early '70s Impala "Donk" on 24s. He borrows my tools and I fix his kid's bicycles, he brings me burgers, brawts, and pork chops when he's grilling. We shoot the shit on occasion, I know he's got at least a hand gun in the house, just from conversation. I'm sure he's seen me carrying enough rifle cases to and from the Jeep to know I'm armed too.

I was concerned about him at first, pretty sure he was selling at least pot from his home, had a lot of random visitors that would stop by for 5-10 minutes at a time, all hours of the day. And he was skunking up our end of the street from his garage most Saturdays. Now with medical marijuana legal, and him having some in laws move in with him, his business has really slowed down if not stopped all together.

Neighbors on the other side are young, Caucasian, and either still in or just out of college, it's hard to tell there's at least 4 that live there fulltime, maybe 6 total frequently there. They're all inept at life, I've fixed more flats for them than I've cared to, rescued their dog from the street half a dozen times, offered advice on vehicle issues, etc. I'm stereotyping, but based on their appearance and noticing one wearing a shirt for one of the state's private liberal arts schools, I'm sure they're quite liberal. However, we were both hit by a "ding-dong ditch" bandit a couple months back, someone ran up beat on our front doors and ran away, caught them on my ring camera. I went out to investigate with my 870 that's got a Surefire strapped to it. Perpetrator was long gone, and my young liberal neighbors were freaking out, they sent one sacrificial lamb out to check, the rest huddled behind their door. When they saw me with the shotgun, they were all relieved enough to come out and see what was going on.

Neighbor across the street is always fighting with his cow of a wife. They're usually half drunk and yelling at each other. They're white trash, and have a toddler that's usually playing in the street.

Neighbor directly across from me are a bunch of college age girls, all renters, or maybe one of their parents bought the house. They keep to themselves, but yard work only happens on weekends that one of their dads comes over to do it.

So I don't see myself starting a mutual assistance group in my neighborhood. I fear if anything, it'd be everyone hoping Lee assists them. I'd help out my ex-pot dealing, donk driver, neighbor, we've got a good relationship and in general he's a good dude. White trash is on their own, all of the college kids are pretty much SOL too.

We bought 115 acres of swampy woods, about 30 miles away, so we'll be building and moving to our own compound, where the Mutual Assistance Group will consist of myself and SWMBO, maybe some livestock and a dog.

Sounds like you have a good idea of your neighbors and their likelihood to join you/ or not if SHTF.
That’s what I’m wanting to know more about with mine. If I can’t see your house from my driveway, I don’t know you at all.
I can tell a few things just by driving by. If you have a fifth wheel that’s covered with tire shades you’re likely retired. If you have a car or truck torn apart in your driveway you’re probably up my alley.
Dirt bikes and ATV’s are probably an indicator that you’re onboard.
Out of probably 60 houses in my immediate area, maybe 20 of them I can figure out. I know who the young renters are as well as the single women and elderly that I can see from my driveway. I don’t expect help from any of them in the form of repelling any threat.

Near future plan is to abandon my home state for another that might remain Right leaning for at least my lifetime.

nope, just 4 people on my street, all like minded, fly our flags high.
all are shooters that look out for each other.

This. All of my neighbors have guns and know how to use them. My neighbor 2 houses down has my back and I have his. He also has a Barrett 50 cal.
.. :lmao:

Smith and wesson
ruger
Colt both
Springfield both.
Benelli

Disclaimer

Have you met Mr. Barrett , he's great at the heavy lifting. :grinpimp:

I only talk to one neighbor on the side of me and the one across the street, with everyone else its no more than a wave and a hello so no, nothing discussed or organized . One of my best friends lives in a cul de sac around the corner from my house - it takes 90 seconds or less to walk/jog to and we're both very well armed . My house sits where 2 streets come together at a "T" so I've got a good, long field of fire in 3 directions. There's quite a bit of ex and active duty military in my neighborhood as well so that's a little bonus.

Nope.
My neighbor on the right is a disabled bar bouncer, and whatever methheads are staying with him this week.
Across the street is a chubby middle-aged woman who works for city zoning.
Next to her is a 70yo widow.
Neighbor on the left is a 65yo obese couple, and their grandtoddlers.

My wife also shoots, and my folks live 10 miles down a fourwheeler trail in the mountains, so there's that.

Last edited:
It would have to be a nope for us for a lot of the reasons above. The biggest reason is just how everyone around us is acting now due to the fake beer flu. The .gov says do this and they do it, they are all pretty scared, I couldn't trust any of them if something like this has 'em shaking in their boots.

That and they're all fucking liberal...I told my GF to keep her mouth shut about anything they could drop a dime on and we will take care of our own business.

Besides, they would make for easy pickins if a mob decided to roll through here, vs. this house.:laughing:

Top Back Refresh