What's new

Musk and Twitter

Imagine being so douchy that you'd block an app a large majority of your customers use out of spite of the app owner.

Flexing their power…. Apple people are often all-in. Apple might lose a few people, but I think they know people are more likely to complain w/o action… they win.

Google is no better.

Windows phone FTW…. :flipoff2:

Flexing their power…. Apple people are often all-in. Apple might lose a few people, but I think they know people are more likely to complain w/o action… they win.

Google is no better.

Windows phone FTW…. :flipoff2:

I really wanted windows phone to take off... I just kept waiting for it to get a little better support.. a little better... A little better... Then it was gone.

I really wanted windows phone to take off... I just kept waiting for it to get a little better support.. a little better... A little better... Then it was gone.

Msft did a great job on tech and a horrible job on marketing.

Family room - single spot for photos, notes, etc. sure… could buy an app for that on iOS, but that was built in.

Backup/restore -iOS is almost new to this. WinMo had it in 8. Phone dies? Full restor including layout using OneDrive

Live tiles - I still call ios the “playschool” UI… it’s identical to windows 3.0. Live tiles were the best feature of the UI

Favorites - ios sucks. Windows pulled all comms into one spot under a favorite

Yeah… I’d go back to a winMo 8 phone in a heartbeat. Win10 was too heavy for the phone hardware.

And yeah, had they released their android subsystem that allowed apps for Android to run, things would have been better. Never got out of alpha… but it was cool

Edit: I remember Balmer saying “we have a better phone experience.” IOS calls sucked for a long time, windows mobile 6.x+ calls were solid. But Balmer also missed that no one cared about the call experience…

Last edited:
Msft did a great job on tech and a horrible job on marketing.

Family room - single spot for photos, notes, etc. sure… could buy an app for that on iOS, but that was built in.

Backup/restore -iOS is almost new to this. WinMo had it in 8. Phone dies? Full restor including layout using OneDrive

Live tiles - I still call ios the “playschool” UI… it’s identical to windows 3.0. Live tiles were the best feature of the UI

Favorites - ios sucks. Windows pulled all comms into one spot under a favorite

Yeah… I’d go back to a winMo 8 phone in a heartbeat. Win10 was too heavy for the phone hardware.

And yeah, had they released their android subsystem that allowed apps for Android to run, things would have been better. Never got out of alpha… but it was cool

Edit: I remember Balmer saying “we have a better phone experience.” IOS calls sucked for a long time, windows mobile 6.x+ calls were solid. But Balmer also missed that no one cared about the call experience…

I miss BlackBerry OS for many similar reasons. BlackBerry Hub was the best, all the messages in a single unified feed.

Musk needs to make BlackBerry great again if he goes in on a phone.

I wonder if a Teslaphone would self-immolate if you went to apple.com.

I miss BlackBerry OS for many similar reasons. BlackBerry Hub was the best, all the messages in a single unified feed.

Musk needs to make BlackBerry great again if he goes in on a phone.
Microsoft would immediately take steps to keep outlook and teams from working with it. Apple and android would make texting any another OS impossible. They can barely text each other as it is.

Apple and android would make texting any another OS impossible. They can barely text each other as it is.
what?

you mean those stupid "mms" messages my phone won't open?
it's pretty simple to just block the number of anyone that sends those, they'll get a hold of you eventually if it is actually important

Not saying BES wasn't a steaming pile...but the BB's in general were awesome smartphones, let down by a slow to the game app store.
I have a BB Curve that I found someplace. The battery still keeps a charge and lasts a week. I use it w/o a SIM as an mp3 player and backup camera/video and sound recorder. It still displays an alert for someone's standing meeting that was set up years and years ago. Don't have the heart to cancel the appointment.

what?

you mean those stupid "mms" messages my phone won't open?
it's pretty simple to just block the number of anyone that sends those, they'll get a hold of you eventually if it is actually important
Laughs in Parole Officer MMS.

I would like musk to publish the algorithms that twitter was using (in plain speak) during covid to block disinformation and then correlate that with stuff that later turned out to be true.

If Musk got into the phone game, would not surprise me if his phones connected to starlink alone, which of course you need a separate membership to use. Would bring added revenue to starlink, he wouldnt need to pay usage fees on cell towers, he can market his phones as all sat phones that work anywhere....

And yeah, starlink is still struggling with bandwidth issues for heavy users and stuff.....but.... MUSK!

I would like musk to publish the algorithms that twitter was using (in plain speak) during covid to block disinformation and then correlate that with stuff that later turned out to be true.
He's been saying he was going to publish it all on Twitter once he is done going through it.

I just wonder what was deleted. I would hope that there is still someone left there with some integrity that could show him want was really going on.

If Musk got into the phone game, would not surprise me if his phones connected to starlink alone, which of course you need a separate membership to use. Would bring added revenue to starlink, he wouldnt need to pay usage fees on cell towers, he can market his phones as all sat phones that work anywhere....

And yeah, starlink is still struggling with bandwidth issues for heavy users and stuff.....but.... MUSK!
I thought i read a while back that he/starlink was working with Tmobile to use the network as sat phones.

Top Back Refresh