What's new

Musk and Twitter

Trump returning to Twatter would be a double edged sword.
Truth Social* would tank, but we'd get mean tweets again.

*On that note, my account was finally activated. Was hoping this would be a FB type social media where one could make groups and shit. Was hoping to dump FB and transition to TS. Nope, seems its just a copy of twitter :homer:

Says he won't. I give him two weeks. :laughing:

Trump should come back... And post links to his posts on Truth... free speech and all, you know.

Trump should come back... And post links to his posts on Truth... free speech and all, you know.
Says he won't.

Former President Donald Trump said on Monday that he will not be returning to Twitter if his account is reinstated, according to a statement he provided to Fox News. Trump’s comments about Twitter come on the same day that the company has announced that it accepted Elon Musk’s offer to acquire the publicly traded company at $54.20/share, valuing the social media platform at $44 billion.

The announcement led to speculation that Trump may return to the social media platform if he is allowed to do so, but it looks like he’s not interested and is instead planning to formally join his own Truth Social platform over the next seven days.

“I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth,” Trump told Fox News. “I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth. The bottom line is, no, I am not going back to Twitter.”

Twitter permanently banned Trump in January 2021 citing concerns over the “risk of further incitement of violence” following the January 6 attack on the capitol. While Trump had previously broken the platform’s rules, the company had maintained his account under its special guidance for world leaders and information in the public interest.

Trump’s comments from today come as shares of Digital World Acquisition Corp, which announced a deal in October to acquire Trump Media & Technology Group, fell 9.5% as Twitter officially announced its deal with Musk. It’s possible that Truth’s shaky start could cause Trump to change his mind about rejoining Twitter down the road.

Trump’s media group released its Truth Social iOS app today in February, but the app remained unavailable to users for quite some time. Truth is being marketed as an alternative to social media giants like Twitter and Facebook. If Trump does end up posting on Truth regularly this week, it will mark the former president’s return to social media following his ban from numerous platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. So far, he’s only posted on Truth once.

As for Twitter, Musk says that “free speech” is key to Twitter’s future. Twitter says the transaction, which was unanimously approved by the board, will likely close this year following shareholder and regulatory approval and “the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.”

I respect the shit out of him, and he's always both enlightening and entertaining to listen to. He's our modern day genius/mad scientist, along the lines of Howard Hughes or the character Tony Stark.
Favreau and RDJ visited Musk before the first Iron Man movie, to figure out what a billionaire playboy engineer would be like.

MSNBC is having a meltdown. Just listened to someone explain how elon musk is a racist. This is a white power move and they had some expert on saying that the board had a fiduciary duty to ask twitter users if they wanted musk to take over. This will just silence POC who need it for work. I don't think they know what fiduciary duty means.

They are having a full on meltdown. The next few weeks are going to be fun.

But is he not an African American?:laughing:

Favreau and RDJ visited Musk before the first Iron Man movie, to figure out what a billionaire playboy engineer would be like.

Man is this world desperate for some sort of "hero" to come along and save the day. QAnon, Trump and now Elon. It is easy to see how the world will worship the Antichrist when he does come on the scene.

If Elon does something to "win back" the hearts of the Left, while not alienating the Right, then he's a real good candidate for the Antichrist.

Man is this world desperate for some sort of "hero" to come along and save the day. QAnon, Trump and now Elon. It is easy to see how the world will worship the Antichrist when he does come on the scene.

If Elon does something to "win back" the hearts of the Left, while not alienating the Right, then he's a real good candidate for the Antichrist.
Lotta power plays happenin'.

I'm sure they're busy deleting all kinds of data before he takes over so things like that can't happen.
yea i'm thinking thats what they are doing but i hope SOMEONE comes forth and gives an accurate update. It will be interesting to see what changes are made at the IT level. I doubt we would ever hear about it.

What do you think the chances are for:
1) sabotage by leaving employees because they hate elon
2) people staying so they can cause problems from "behind the lines!!!"
3) he moves the headquaters out of SanFrancisco. Maybe he can turn that huge building into housing! ( I'm not sure if twitter owns their headquarters)

I'm really interested to see how this plays out business wise. If there will be a shakup at upper management. How many people leave and what the new board looks like.

well shit. maybe i'll have to sign up after all. :laughing:
Right. Anytime I ever end up there by some link it looks like the DNC hell hole echo chamber. This looks fun. :lmao: I can't keep getting banned on FB that's where I buy and sell shit. :laughing:

:lmao:

fgdft5656.JPG

Top Back Refresh