What's new

Mp3023 transfer case issues

Rennat_2006

Member Number
Loc
Idaho
Anyone got experience with these mp3023 transfer cases that come in the 07 and newer GM fullsize trucks and Suvs? The wifes 2011 half ton is making a bunch of noise, I dropped fluid out of it right after we bought it and bottom plug with the magnet was covered with fuzz but wasnt too concerned at the time because its not uncommon to find them that way if the fluids been in there for awhile. Over the last 5k miles or so weve owned it ive noticed it has a howl to it and it seems to be getting worse(bad enough she is hearing it now). Dropped plug out of it today and its full of shit again.

Google and similar suck ass now adays and only show you what they want you to see. Ive found reports of broken snap rings on output shaft of these things because of shitty design. I cant for the life of me find any more information on it than that though. Trying to find if there is updated shaft with deeper snap ring groove available, upgraded snap ring, etc to have my shit together before i tear this thing out and apart.

Top Back Refresh