What's new

Motorsport "Story" Videos

Member Number
Loc
Sacramento, CA
I'm constantly coming across more of these things across all forms of motorsport, lets see what you've got. I'm talking about the cool cinmeatic narrated videos telling a story

Stuff like Recoil, Gymkhana, Dust to Glory, that sweet dirtbike on water video you guys posted in that other thread, or that high altitude motorcycle video etc.

Just to get things started, I've always liked this little trailer for the Beast of Turin

And Dust 2 Glory trailer:

And I just found out it's actually available free on youtube with ads

you already listed Dust to Glory, the only thing comparable is Step In To Liquid (ironically another Dana Brown film)
next thing On Any Sunday The Next Chapter (dana Again)

or go old school
and do the original On Any Sunday series (Bruce Brown Danas Dad) which leads you to the Endless Summer :grinpimp:

Not free but the redbull art of flight is pretty cool. They have a mini series of behind the scenes too. Snowboarding but lots of helicopter useage with a cinaflex.
I took this screenshot because it looks wild.

Attachments

• 2FD54305-066C-4477-AFC8-5DFE68E7C7D3.jpeg
    2FD54305-066C-4477-AFC8-5DFE68E7C7D3.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3
The documentary on Ab Jenkins was good. It was free when I saw it, but looks to be $2 on prime.

I've been watching Dust 2 Glory again on Youtube today, so fawkin good. It reminded me of this thread, so figured worth a bump

And Pol Tarres apparently just rebroke his own motorcycle altitude record recently

I was at an “industry” dinner at Long Beach Grand Prix last night, and some people at the table told me about a new book that going to drop soon about Jim Hall, Chapparal and GM in the ‘60s. The title is escaping me ATM, but should have some interesting historical context.

More importantly, though, I can’t believe DTG (not D2G) is ~20 years old. I bought the dvd when it was released, and proceeded to wear it out. That’s the kind of story that reminds you how awesome off road Motorsport really is……

Last edited:

Met him at the East Peoria Coffee and Cars just after the run, was an interesting conversation. 1/2 of the prep is getting the truck ready, the other half was getting his body ready for the non stop drive. Said it takes lots of cheese to keep you backed up for the entire run.

Dust to glory is dope. Same with Recoil's and Gymkhana's although they became more eccentric than anything else. Loved the Hoonicorn in LA (I've got a 65 Mustang in the backyard waiting the poorboy treatment)

Always liked this one

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh