What's new

Motorcycles parking on sidewalks in front of stores

Sidewalk? Never seen that.

The vast open concrete in front of walmart, home depot, etc where there 10ft+ area from the door to asphalt is game.

No. Park in line with a civic, it leaves and a suburban takes it spot. Next thing you someone without insurance just plowed into your bike
I’ve seen them at the front fucking entrance.

I sometimes feel compelled to park my truck in the motorcycle only parking spaces. Mostly when I know literally no one would ride to work.

I ride too but I dont park on sidewalks. I think its obnoxious. The only exception was at our old apartment. I parked it under the stairs going to our upstairs neighbor so I could chain the bike to the post.

Because dumbfuck cage drivers will either run over the parked bike or try to park in the same parking spot
I seen those cock sucking wannabe bikers clog up the sidewalk where the elderly had to walk back into the street and back up on the sidewalk. Eat a dick. ANY Bike rider that does that is a pile of shit. Fuck them. Pussy, fucking lazy son of a bitches. With the idiotic logic you posted, then I should park my car on the sidewalk to keep it from getting door dinged too.

I park in a normal spot well away from everyone, never on sidewalks.

Remember when you were a little kid and your grandma sent you a couple bucks for your birthday and that shit got to your house about two months later? And then you rode for like sixteen hours across a dusty wasteland with your most close and personal friends just for the chance to put twenty five whole cents in a pinball machine laying all your bikes right at the door? Nevermind being able to stack up Slurpees for the whole crew and marvaling at the wonders of microwave ovens... it might be like that, but I doubt it.

I seen those cock sucking wannabe bikers clog up the sidewalk where the elderly had to walk back into the street and back up on the sidewalk. Eat a dick. ANY Bike rider that does that is a pile of shit. Fuck them. Pussy, fucking lazy son of a bitches. With the idiotic logic you posted, then I should park my car on the sidewalk to keep it from getting door dinged too.
Because a door ding on your rusted out clap-trap equates to a bike being run into and knocked down. One can easily see what idiotic logic means to mouth breathing window lickers.

my take away from all of this is that most riders are just fucking lazy. the home depot lot is almost never full. the parking spots within 100' of the door may be full, but those spots way out near the road are usually empty. the guy that parks his caddy way out in the middle of nowhere so he doesn't get door dings, he's doing it right.

and the guy that weaves in and out of traffic riding like a complete dick is the same guy "oh, i didn't want to take up a full car spot so i parked on the sidewalk. i want to be super considerate to the cars around me"

It also seems like riding a motorcycle has so many obstacles.
need loud pipes because no one sees me.
need to ride fast to stay ahead of the cars
need to ride in huge groups to be noticed
need to park on the sidewalk because cars don't look in the parking lot

I thought it had to do with parking on concrete and not asphalt, so the kick stand doesn't sink in on a hot day?

I thought it had to do with parking on concrete and not asphalt, so the kick stand doesn't sink in on a hot day?
This is the only correct answer. I did this with my valk in TX on some occasions. The heat is intense enough that you can come back to your bike laying on its side in the lot.

This is the only correct answer. I did this with my valk in TX on some occasions. The heat is intense enough that you can come back to your bike laying on its side in the lot.
Our summer is short here in NH, but my work poured motorcycle parking pads because it still get warm enough that bikes left divots in the asphalt

Our summer is short here in NH, but my work poured motorcycle parking pads because it still get warm enough that bikes left divots in the asphalt
I got asked to place something under the kickstand when I park at work. On a hot day, it sinks in a solid inch.

my take away from all of this is that most riders are just fucking lazy. the home depot lot is almost never full. the parking spots within 100' of the door may be full, but those spots way out near the road are usually empty. the guy that parks his caddy way out in the middle of nowhere so he doesn't get door dings, he's doing it right.

and the guy that weaves in and out of traffic riding like a complete dick is the same guy "oh, i didn't want to take up a full car spot so i parked on the sidewalk. i want to be super considerate to the cars around me"

i'm a big fan of weaving in and out of traffic as well :flipoff2: lane sharing should be legal in all 50 states. it is just flat better.

I get back at them by blowing all my lawn clippings into the street.
:laughing: Are we carrying that over to here? I started that in the SBN Facebook group and love it when people lose their fuckin mind

:laughing: Are we carrying that over to here? I started that in the SBN Facebook group and love it when people lose their fuckin mind
I think that topic blew up on ADV too. :laughing:

Ill usually park in a regular spot but it really depends on where I am. If I go to the hardware store in the colorful part of town I park right next to the lawn tractors. Upstanding citizens are less likely to fuck with shit if its not hidden between two uninsured hooptys.

Reactions: fvs
I've done it, but only at large stores or malls where there's like 15+ feet of concrete the entire width of the front of the place. I'm riding a little 300 lbs drz400 sumo though. It easy to tuck it up tight against the building. I would never do that anywhere that it would block pedestrian traffic flow. I would hate myself if I came out and some old person with a walker, or a parent with a kid in a wheelchair was struggling to get around my bike.

I'm starting to think that the douchebags of the biker world are worse than cyclists when it comes to their annoyance of the rest of the decent people in society. If I had to quantify the inconvenience I felt from being stuck behind a group of bicycles taking over the road, and the cumulative annoyance of listening to loud ass pipes, blipping throttles and blasting music from tiny speakers that sound like shit at red lights, being startled by lane splitters doing 30+mph over the rest of traffic, and having to walk around bikes parked right in the middle of walkways at the entrances to stores, I'd take having to stare at a bunch of dudes in tight fitting shorts blocking the road any day, since it's far less gay than the harley/biker fags.

And the people in here who admit to doing all that bullshit and justifying it because of some stupid ass saying or mantra "loud pipes save lives, it's true because it sounds catchy!" Y'all are trash. The fact that you don't see it as trashy when the rest of decent society does, just proves the point.

My shit is old and makes fuck all for oil pressure at idle. It needs revved if I’m sitting at a long ass stop light or something and I hear the top end starting to get noisy. All the evo and twin cam fags just do it because they think it makes them look cool:flipoff2:

Well I'll be damned, actual real and reasonable explanations, good to know!

I can see in certain areas where the parking spots, say in the side of the road , is easier to have the bike tipped over whether by foot traffic or gravity. Or have a driver of a vehicle attempt to park in the spot your bike is in, hit the bike, drive off and now your bike is laying on it's side.

I do not ride on road, bike is still being built, But as if motorcycles are not already hard for a bunch of idiots when there is a rider on them, they are even more invisible without the rider.

I have 0 issues with a MC parked on a sidewalk as long as there is enough room for granny with a scooter or wheel chair.
I think people that complain are typically vegans, got their vaccine,, or are willing to go on a forum and tell people it is their birthday, when nobody cares.

I'm starting to think that the douchebags of the biker world are worse than cyclists when it comes to their annoyance of the rest of the decent people in society. If I had to quantify the inconvenience I felt from being stuck behind a group of bicycles taking over the road, and the cumulative annoyance of listening to loud ass pipes, blipping throttles and blasting music from tiny speakers that sound like shit at red lights, being startled by lane splitters doing 30+mph over the rest of traffic, and having to walk around bikes parked right in the middle of walkways at the entrances to stores, I'd take having to stare at a bunch of dudes in tight fitting shorts blocking the road any day, since it's far less gay than the harley/biker fags.

And the people in here who admit to doing all that bullshit and justifying it because of some stupid ass saying or mantra "loud pipes save lives, it's true because it sounds catchy!" Y'all are trash. The fact that you don't see it as trashy when the rest of decent society does, just proves the point.
I couldn't disagree more, you sit back there and keep your man tights parade while sitting in your prius with your mask on in your own neighborhood :flipoff2:

So a few weeks ago, I park my bike in a nice parking space in front of a restaurant with a crowded parking lot, and no less than 3 people were pissed I took up a space where they could have parked.

You can't fucking win, so I park wherever.

I'd much rather that than taking up a real space... or even worse, having designated motorcycle-only spaces where car spaces used to be. I think it's a win-win since it's more difficult to steal something that's away from the road and under a camera instead of way out where it could get messed with under cover of the much larger cars around it.

Of course it requires some not-so-common sense when it comes to time and place...

Damn, I knew this forum was missing something...motorcycle parking thread! This one needs a catchier title than the one on PBB. Something like:

Motorcycle Parking Thread II: Revenge of the Motorcycle Parking Threads

:laughing:

Top Back Refresh