What's new

Most delayed home repair?

Black Sabbath

Smartass
Member Number
Loc
Outside the Asylum
While taking care of a few projects around the house I was thinking about all of the other ones on my list and realized I still have 2 on my from when I bought this place 5 years ago :laughing: The front yard light has a broken wire underground somewhere that I don't want to have to trench my yard to find. Also the vent fan over the shower in the master bath still needs to be replaced even though the replacement came with the house, but since the one in the throne room works, it sit on the round too it list.

Someone here has to be able to beat those.

Remodeling the bathroom in the game room/pool room. I remodeled the rest of that room, just haven't gotten the motivation to finish the bathroom. Remodded it around 6 years ago. It has an old ass Jacuzzi style tub and carpeting:laughing: I plan to tile it and replace the tub with just a shower, I just need to get a round to it:flipoff2:. It still works and we almost never use that shower, so I just haven't motivated myself to finish it.

Last edited:
I've had a fan sitting in the box for the bathroom for 10 years, I stripped the bathroom to the studs 3 years ago but didn't touch the ceiling just because I didn't want to crawl around in that low part of the attic to install the fan. :laughing:

are we the same person?

I have a broken wire in the driveway light string as well. going on 3 years at least. my master bath vent fan works, but just vents to the attic. I have all the stuff to do the roof exit but too lazy to get up on that roof.

There was carpet in the master bath when I moved in 10 years ago...I tore it out:barf:

Still walking around on wood :laughing:

Last edited:
Both my parents house and our business roofs have been leaking for close to 3 decades. Hell, it rains more inside than out.

The roof on my house has a few missing shingles, and we dont have a roof vent in the attic area. The house was built without the vent, so I'm not that concerned. :laughing:​​​​​​ .

That stupid deck.

It's raised a bit so not simple enough to tear out and lay concrete. Would have to fill like 18" with 1/4 crush first. Truck wouldn't be able to reach with pour either, and fences in the way to block access. I'd have to rent a mixer and wheelbarrow, and then do 1/4 of it at a time since it's like 24x24 total. Never poured before so dreading it even more. Might just keep putting it off until someday I just end paying someone to do it. Damn I hate it.

Not me, but the previous owner of my house. At some point over 20 years she removed the dryer vent duct in the crawlspace and just vented the dryer to nothingness beneath the house. I pulled out several cubic feet of shredded fibers. :homer:

In 2003 we put laminate floors in the living room and kitchen but failed to finish the baseboards. In 2018 it burned down without baseboards.

The total re-landscaping of my small front yard took 3 summers to finish (should have taken 2-3 weeks) because my wife was in charge of the project. It was easier to let her "be in charge" than to argue with her. :laughing: She's a champ at starting projects but not so good at finishing them in a timely manner.

I still haven't put down the 1/4 round at the baseboards from when I did my laminate floors 5 years ago.

Last edited:
The total re-landscaping of my small front yard took 3 summers to finish (should have taken 2-3 weeks) because my wife was in charge of the project. It was easier to let her "be in charge" than to argue with her. :laughing: She's a champ at starting projects but not so good at finishing them in a timely manner.

I still haven't put down the 1/4 round at the baseboards from when I did my laminate floors 5 years ago.

In your defense, 1/4 round is a bitch especially to get angles right :laughing:

Just took care of one of these type of projects last week. Haven’t touched the mailbox since we moved in 10 years ago, been missing letters and numbers, rusted, just horrible looking.

Some stain, sanding, and some fresh paint.. much better. Wish I had a before picture

6ED86F26-7D93-49EE-9E2E-A3469DDF3337.jpeg

I just relocated my mail box last month and put new signs on it.

I've been running it over for years with the trailers:laughing:

Fan over the stove vents directly into the cupboard above it... 20 minutes and maybe $30 in materials. Been like that since I bought the place 5 years ago.

Replaced the exterior door from the kitchen to the deck when I moved in(PO had installed a hollowcore slab for some reason). Trim is still propped up in the same corner it was when I removed it.

Broke one of the transition strips in the basement moving a couch a few years back. New piece was bought the next week. Still sitting on a ledge because I don't feel like chiseling out the broken section that's still glued into the floor.

My dads house/now my house has only had 1 bathroom since it was built in the 80s. I just started cramming in a half bath this week.

My dad built houses for his family business since he was old enough to swing a hammer but never got around to this project before he passed.

Last edited:
Retaining wall. Was falling down when we bought the place 8 years ago. Finally started fixing it a few weeks ago

My 4Runner yard art has moved houses three times over the last, twelve(?) years and still doesn’t run....

Fart fans in the 2 upstairs bathrooms aren't piped out. Same with the kitchen stovestove fan. Ironically, the unfinished basement bathroom fan is properly vented.

I pulled all the trim to install hardwood floors about 3 yrs ago. Still haven't got the material for the new trim.

There is a long list of things that I planned on doing, but haven't even started.

In your defense, 1/4 round is a bitch especially to get angles right :laughing:

Been there... done that...

This is probably why I haven’t finished much of the molding after I laid the hardwood flooring five years ago :homer:

Starting a (minor) bathroom remodel in the morning, molding will get done on this. I guess I’ll look at the rest of the house since I’ll already have the mitre saw and compressor out

Mine is usually more of "get it functional and we'll get to pretty later". I have a drywall repair in the kitchen that is waiting for re-texture, but we want to redo the kitchen cabinets, and haven't had the time/motivation for a kitchen counter/cabinet/remodel/whatever, and it seems silly to repaint a kitchen wall with cabinets we want to replace still on it... that drywall repair has been waiting for the kitchen remodel for probably 10ish years now. There's a trim bit that we never made, should go under the sliding glass door that we put in around when my daughter was born... she's 12. Not so much "home repair" more of just trim/finish/dressup, but same sort of thing.

House flooded almost 3 years ago. Even 1” is enough to fuck you :flipoff2:

New insulation, hung new drywall, had house repiped while walls were apart (‘58 model home), and had the foundation leveled on the kitchen addition.

Still living with no flooring, cabinets, doors, or tape/float/texture on walls. I bought this place over 10 years ago and have been fucked by everyone I have hired to do something to it. (electrician, roofer, foundation, plumbers, hvac.. everyone)

i hung the drywall and am capable of the cabinets but I don’t want to get fucked by the drywall finisher so I have been putting things off for forever.

I couldn’t stand it. Unfinished projects drive me nuts.

I just changed out a 24 year old water heater. I know they aren’t supposed to last that long but it did. And even though it went double overtime, I still didn’t change it till it popped and flooded the walls and floor. Interesting fact, a propane water heater is over double the price of a nat gas one.

I've been putting off residing my garage since I moved into the place 9 years ago.

In the list of I didn't procrastinate on, this is the first year I actually got around to spraying for nap weed before it bloomed.

I just changed out a 24 year old water heater. I know they aren’t supposed to last that long but it did. And even though it went double overtime, I still didn’t change it till it popped and flooded the walls and floor. Interesting fact, a propane water heater is over double the price of a nat gas one.

How?

Wouldn't it just be an orifice change? :confused:

Top Back Refresh