What's new

Morels?

Byro

Lurkin’
Member Number
Loc
East Canton, OH
Any Morel hunters?

I’ve always had terrible luck finding them, the old lady went out with the neighbor lady down the way and they hauled in a killing.

EB67374F-7507-4C50-B777-4979F6C0373F.jpeg

Some of the biggest ones I’ve seen, old lady cooked them up with some dry brined ribeyes.

We haven’t found any yet this year, but it’s been extremely dry. We usually get 3-5 pounds a year. Our best year we found over 30 pounds.

16 was an amazing year here. Had another great year this year finding stuff where they normally aren’t

Going to the morel mushroom festival next weekend, hopefully someone has some there. I don't hunt for them but it's been very dry here so it's not so great this spring.

Had some next to my house one year, nothing since. Thought I saw one the other day and forgot about it. So tasty, so nonexistent

my wife found some the other day. enough for a few meals worth for her. I never touch them.

Love those buggers, but ya gotta go over to the east side of the mountains to find decent amounts.

Used to be into it, along with chanterelles. Last few years all of my spots have been pillaged.

Love those buggers, but ya gotta go over to the east side of the mountains to find decent amounts.
Been raining off and on for a week here, thanks for the directional tip about where to look!

dwt
When you find liberty caps I'll be a lot more interested. :evil:

:smokin:

I should start taking pictures of what I have growing out back. There's got to be a hundred different types of mushrooms. On the ground, on the trees. Everywhere.

I've got them in my yard lol. Mow em over.
I mowed them for 4 years till the mower was waiting on a belt last spring. Then Son of a Bitch I realized I had been mowing morels. They are JUST starting around here, in another week or 2 they should be popping. It was a dry spring and the rains just showed up:smokin:

I had a decent haul this year. I've been eating them the last few evenings.

I should start taking pictures of what I have growing out back. There's got to be a hundred different types of mushrooms. On the ground, on the trees. Everywhere.

2D44A9BF-4E8E-4AE1-BA1D-F1326E708BEE.jpeg

These bad boys are good too, taste just like chicken.

These bad boys are good too, taste just like chicken.
I'm sure. six days later I'm three states over in the woods, naked, after chasing a trout upstream.

Top Back Refresh