What's new

IA Montyspawn's grandad's ride, 1972 C50 with low mileage on 427 GM Goodwrench engine.

IowaOffRoad

King shit of turd island
BRC
Member Number
Loc
Under the apple tree
Getting rid of this locally, thought I'd list it to you hooligans for a deal.

1972 Chevy C50, 5x2 speed, Factory air cab (non-op, missing parts), Would drive anywhere, radio doesn't work and fuel gauge doesn't work. Replaced the IC circuit board but think it needs a sender. Not perfect but you could get a factory air cab for your street truck build, shorten the frame and put an 8 foot box on it, build some ramps and make it into a trail rig hauler. Don't care what you would do with it, but I don't need it anymore. 5k or so miles on a GM crate 427, clutch was done at the same time. Used to be a 350 so it's geared pretty low. 16 foot box that the sided can be taken off for a flatbed. Hydraulic hoist works. To any of you guys (or good buddies you'd vouch for) I'd take $2500 or some combo of interesting trades off-road hobby related or other cool manly shit. Do have it listed elsewhere... for more $$$ of course!
InkedIMG_7461_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_7458_LI.jpg
IMG_7462.JPG
IMG_7455.JPG

Oh my God I want this.

If you were closer I wouldn't be able to pass this up... But getting it 1700 miles home wouldn't be the easiest job.

Get a hold of Monty, he’ll drive it at 50 miles an hour across the country:lmao:

Haha sounds about right.

I'm toying with the thought of trailering it, but even then it would probably need a 24' trailer and would be a good 14k load.

Holy fawk, I want this.

Some Axletech 4Ks, an Axletech 600, 14R20's and a wrecker body for a 4x4 wrecker.

How's the sheet metal for rot/damage?

Single circuit, manual juice brakes!

scooter2374 ready for another drive across country? :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Rural junkyards in the midwest are littered with those things primarily in IH flavor with Ford and Chevy also present. Farmers have gone to Semi trailers and they are junking those things that have been sitting for 30 years when cleaning out the barn. It is not uncommon to see them with clean sound cabs and less than 50k on the odometer.

Rural junkyards in the midwest are littered with those things primarily in IH flavor with Ford and Chevy also present. Farmers have gone to Semi trailers and they are junking those things that have been sitting for 30 years when cleaning out the barn. It is not uncommon to see them with clean sound cabs and less than 50k on the odometer.
I'll take all the Travel Crew IH's you can find.

I still want this truck he has for sale, too.

Reactions: DMG
Holy fawk, I want this.

Some Axletech 4Ks, an Axletech 600, 14R20's and a wrecker body for a 4x4 wrecker.

How's the sheet metal for rot/damage?

Single circuit, manual juice brakes!

scooter2374 ready for another drive across country? :flipoff2:
Can is very sound (door posts cab corners and rockers have nothing but surface rust where paint is scratched, though I haven’t went poking with a pick) hood and fenders are solid but have the typical farmer dents.

BTW the brakes are vacu-boost. Look that up if you aren’t familiar. Power booster on the frame behind the driver. Fucker stops on a dime. Replaced both the vacu-boost and the firewall master cylinder recently.

Also, anyone here who is legit serious about this PM me and we’ll talk on the phone about it. It’s not perfect and would need some work to be so. I would not want anyone to make the trip to get it and be disappointed.

I have had thoughts of parting it out since the air cab is probably worth 2k alone for a street truck. It’s just too damn nice for me to bring myself to knock it in the head.

Would pull the axles and flat tow.

Last edited:
Can is very sound (door posts cab corners and rockers have nothing but surface rust where paint is scratched, though I haven’t went poking with a pick) hood and fenders are solid but have the typical farmer dents.

BTW the brakes are vacu-boost. Look that up if you aren’t familiar. Power booster on the frame behind the driver. Fucker stops on a dime. Replaced both the vacu-boost and the firewall master cylinder recently.

Also, anyone here who is legit serious about this PM me and we’ll talk on the phone about it. It’s not perfect and would need some work to be so. I would not want anyone to make the trip to get it and be disappointed.

I have had thoughts of parting it out since the air cab is probably worth 2k alone for a street truck. It’s just too damn nice for me to bring myself to knock it in the head.

I'm semi-serious in that the only thing holding me back are the logistics of a 1700mi tow. Mainly the time (less of an issue) and the weight (more of an issue).

Do you happen to know how much she weighs as she sits right now? And the overall length? I'm guessing 10k and 22-24'.

Don't wait on me though, if someone else offers actual money definitely take their offer.

I'm semi-serious in that the only thing holding me back are the logistics of a 1700mi tow. Mainly the time (less of an issue) and the weight (more of an issue).

Do you happen to know how much she weighs as she sits right now? And the overall length? I'm guessing 10k and 22-24'.

Don't wait on me though, if someone else offers actual money definitely take their offer.
GET IT

(so I don't have to)

I've been looking for a clean grain truck to make into a 6yd dump. Would cost me $1000 in expenses or $2000 shipped. Wish you were closer.

Holding out for a clean COE

I’d say your weight is about right, but it’s probably about 24-26’ long. I can run it across some grain scales sometime if you need it exact.

I’d love it if someone here would buy it, but as I have it listed for 4K elsewhere I plan on taking that (or close to) if someone hands it to me:flipoff2:

Put it in gear and drive it .
Do this, take state two lane highways back and see the country. Stay off interstates as you'll either get rear ended for going to slow or throw a rod trying to go fast enough to not get rear ended. I'm on I90 in Post Falls ID if you do this Yotota.:stirthepot:

Reactions: DMG
I'll take all the Travel Crew IH's you can find.

I still want this truck he has for sale, too.
I almost got another Loadstar crewcab last week for $1k with a good body. But it was lien sale, except the seller hadn't done the lien on it for being abandoned on his property and all he would give was a bill of sale. The original owner was storing it on the seller's property and then went to jail/prison and the property owner wanted it gone. I passed on it without a proper lien and it sold within a few hours.

I almost got another Loadstar crewcab last week for $1k with a good body. But it was lien sale, except the seller hadn't done the lien on it for being abandoned on his property and all he would give was a bill of sale. The original owner was storing it on the seller's property and then went to jail/prison and the property owner wanted it gone. I passed on it without a proper lien and it sold within a few hours.
I'd take that.

Do this, take state two lane highways back and see the country. Stay off interstates as you'll either get rear ended for going to slow or throw a rod trying to go fast enough to not get rear ended. I'm on I90 in Post Falls ID if you do this Yotota.:stirthepot:

I'd love that trip, it would be one hell of an adventure. But also double the trip time and I'm already swamped with... Everything.

What would you pull it with ?

Have a spare 3 axle tractor laying around?

I don't have a spare anything these days. :lmao:

But I've been offered have access to a 20' 14k trailer and a couple 1ton rigs that could probably pull it.

I don't have a spare anything these days. :lmao:

But I've been offered have access to a 20' 14k trailer and a couple 1ton rigs that could probably pull it.
Depending on the trailer and the wheel base on the truck you could make that work. The rear of the truck can hang off the trailer some, just make sure you have enough tongue weight so it tows smooth.

Trucks about an hour from our farm or less . If I didn’t already have a 35ft motorhome parked on the farm in the way I’d offer to store it til someone had time to come get it or have it hauled that wanted to buy it lol

Top Back Refresh