What's new

Moccasin Gap (Dover) AR Trip pics

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Went to AR this past weekend with some friends and rode Moccasin Gap Just north of Dover AR. They got quite a bit of rain last week and the creeks and rivers were rolling. Very little if any dust and the weather was fantastic. Wife was visiting a gf so I was the only single in the group. Four couples plus me. I got delegated trail leader and found some great trails outside of the riding area in the NF that didn't appear to be travelled very often since they were a little overgrown. I need to add a folding saw to the toolbox to trim back some of the limbs.

Mocassin Gap 3-4-23 #2.jpg
Mocassin Gap 3-4-23 #3.jpg
Mocassin Gap 3-4-23 #5.jpg
Mocassin Gap 3-4-23 #6.jpg
Mocassin Gap 3-4-23 #8.jpg
Mocassin Gap 3-4-23 #9.jpg
Mocassin Gap 3-4-23.jpg

Looks like you had a good trip!

That's right in my backyard, I live between Russellville and Dover. We rode the area around Mt. Magazine on the other side of the river yesterday. I've been riding this general area my whole life, hit me up next time.

looks like an amazing spot.

i have wanted to hit Mt. Magazine for a while now.

we should plan something this summer. My MIL has a place outside Eureka Springs i can use as a jumping off point for NW AR wheeling.

We rented those new cabins right at the intersection of 164 and AR-7. I think they were built last fall? very nice and pretty reasonably priced too. Had I known you were in the area swtfman I would have hit you up.

Story time, I was leading and taking a backway up to Moccasin Gap to stay off the highway as much as possible. I took this kinda overgrown less travelled trail to go north and I am about 1/4 mile in, haven't seen a house at all and I hear a dog barking. Look over and there is a murder dog (pitbull:laughing:) barking his head off at me, he's collared, well fed so not likely a stray. I have no idea where he came from but I got on the 2way and told everyone to keep a look out for him and to keep moving in case we were close to someone's still, grow or lab. That was a legal trail according to the Dec '22 MVUM but wasn't travelled much at all.

Top Back Refresh