What's new

MNR 4600 class 2021 U4 Bronco build

Depends on your definition of backed. There are 3 that Ford had built by a team of people and then handed over to their drivers to assume all further responsibilities of racing them. Then there are 3 more that ford put out to small race teams to build themselves.

The auto alone weighs 122 pounds more than the manual. But there’s a lot more than just that to keeping the 10 speed. The vehicle wire harness has to remain intact to run the trans meaning so does the dash. We weighed each of those components separately. The vehicle harness is 90 pounds. The dash is 88 pounds. There might be more miscellaneous stuff that they have to keep to keep the computer modules happy.

As soon as dad removed the seats in ours it wouldn’t run anymore. From everything and everyone we talked to the ECM is locked and no one is able to help us “delete” the ECM. VATS, pass key, ABS, Advance Trac, traction control, etc. the whole buffet of computer nonsense can’t be turned off on the 20 and up. Since we have a manual trans we’re just using an engine harness/ECM for a 2018 mustang with a 6 speed manual because it could be deleted. So we more easily got rid of a bunch of stuff the other two builds in progress won’t be able to because of their 10 speed auto’s. I’m patiently waiting to see how they handle that.

Sounds like you guys fell into the right Bronco to start the build with. :smokin:

Did you get a choice or was the manual trans Bronco what was handed to you?

Yes it was, but the gusset compounded the problem.

JR4X... How many Ford backed Broncos will be racing KOH in the 4500 class this year. Also, any idea of the weight difference between the automatic and manual versions?

Someone out there builds stand alone setups to run the 2.3 10spd I believe.... ill go look

Here is a stand alone 2.3 with 10r80 4wd option.

Sounds like you guys fell into the right Bronco to start the build with. :smokin:

Did you get a choice or was the manual trans Bronco what was handed to you?
We got 1st choice we think. We discussed it within our team and decided we wanted the manual trans. Now, the other 2 teams didn’t want the manual so it’s not like we had to fight over it.

Someone out there builds stand alone setups to run the 2.3 10spd I believe.... ill go look

Here is a stand alone 2.3 with 10r80 4wd option.

Ask Halogrinder about his 'tune' from MARS.

I'm very concerned about the tune in mine, yeah it ran on the pallet as advertised, but it took 4 times as long to get when compared to what they advertised at the time, and communication with me as a customer was non-existent. Some wires not labeled, some labeled in acronyms that I don't recognize, no paperwork to explain anything.

Ask Halogrinder about his 'tune' from MARS.

I'm very concerned about the tune in mine, yeah it ran on the pallet as advertised, but it took 4 times as long to get when compared to what they advertised at the time, and communication with me as a customer was non-existent. Some wires not labeled, some labeled in acronyms that I don't recognize, no paperwork to explain anything.
Not saying they have a good product, just that it exists.

Cage is done. Seats are mounted. Dash is done. Started on the splash panels for the fuel filler necks. We’re going to use a Y and put one on each side because with Ultra4 you never know what side of the car you’re pitted on. Been a busy 4 days but we went from a bare tub on thanksgiving day to this
D5F6AED7-3866-48B4-A71D-AA19DFCC6E75.jpeg
FD87FB43-5C4C-441B-A35D-591C09CB6AFD.jpeg
68A2ECB3-948D-452D-A50F-E2462CFBBA2E.jpeg

PRP seat ?

d5f6aed7-3866-48b4-a71d-aa19dfcc6e75-jpeg.611953

Their headrests are way too low. Same problem on my car. Dumb.

Build looks damn good !

You can order them taller and wider....I have two sets that way.
No you can't. I have +4" seats and they raise the seat back height, not the headrest (distance between the belt slot and top of seat).

I am not trying to derail the thread, sorry, should have kept my mouth shut.

But how much of that weight do you have to put back on to be legal? It's not like you can just slap a cage in it and race like that. Fenders, hood, quarters and the tail gate gotta be a few pounds...
The roll cage that was removed weighed 80~ pounds. The cage we put back in it’s place is 215 pounds. But in the case of the dash we removed 88~ pounds and 90 pounds of wire harness, the dash that replaced it is probably 10 pounds tops. Offsetting as best we can while keeping it strong as possible

PRP seat ?

d5f6aed7-3866-48b4-a71d-aa19dfcc6e75-jpeg.611953

Their headrests are way too low. Same problem on my car. Dumb.

Build looks damn good !
Yes PRP’s, comp elite. My co driver in the pic is taller in the torso than my dad my brother and myself. The head rest is plenty tall enough for me. I’m the goof ball with the bald head

The PRP Alpha’s that dad has in the 4500 car have a headrest that’s several inches taller.

7474A234-104B-4DBC-AA17-EE0D1023B268.jpeg

This was my weekend to work so I didn’t contribute. The guys got some quality fab work done on it though.

CEAE5C8D-E0CB-460D-8E1A-601E6726320F.jpeg
7505DA0B-599D-4EB1-9903-5B9E199DF2D4.jpeg
D22B7764-F92B-4689-A64A-6D56F4C3DD8F.jpeg
Are there rules of thumb for how much plating footprint you need where tube attaches to frame based on tube/frame thickness and intended use or do you just go by what's worked before?

Are there rules of thumb for how much plating footprint you need where tube attaches to frame based on tube/frame thickness and intended use or do you just go by what's worked before?
If there is I don’t know it. Those fancy footing gussets were figured out and laser cut by Triton engineering. This is version 2.0 at least because our stuff looks way more elegant than the stuff that’s on the first 3 Bronco’s. It’s hard to describe without you seeing how it goes together in person.

That back tube is welded directly to the frame. Then a box plate goes over that and gets welded to the frame & tube, then the gusset that surrounds the tube goes over that. And if you look close they made the gussets have 4 peaks to them so the welds aren’t perpendicular to the tube causing a HAZ with a perfect circle to follow if it cracks. That gusset has basically a W with a 4th leg that wraps back around to itself to hold that tube.

Last edited:
Not saying they have a good product, just that it exists.
I wouldn't recommend MARS to anyone.
They will like through their teeth.
The will not refund your money without a substantial "refund" processing.
My engine was supposed to be "in stock" and a 6-8 week lead time.
It took 219 days for it to show up
Ordered may 12. Was a "6-8 week lead time" and "in stock" on the website.... and a clean example.
Truck VIN that was given to me shows last known miles was 46k. ... Engine looks like it was found at the bottom of the ocean....
Tcase has no rear driveshaft yoke as promised it would.
No shifter levers or linkage.
Wiring is "interesting" to say the least.
No paperwork, instructions, diagrams, schematic, or anything in the box.
They sent the wrong computer 3 times.
I pulled my hair out trying to figure out shifting and drivability issues from their incompetency.
they sent me a cracked bellhousing on the transmission and was like "sorry"
Ac compressor and idler was locked solid.
They sent a replacement used compressor and a new idler, thankfully.
I'm really hoping I don't have issues with the alternator/starter/etc because of the extreme corrosion and rust.
The wiring is a crime against humanity, and MARS should be charged for automotive atrocities for it.
I'm assuming 4 rolls of electrical tape was generously applied, And most will have to be taken off to see what other surprises I'll find.
The multi pin square block that connects to the relay box has a broken terminal lock and the brown wire pushes out while you attempt to connect it. The weather seal is ripped and the wire munged up, so I'll assume someone attempted to mess with it and then said screw it/shipped it.
The only fix is reterminate individual pin with new seal, and replace the terminal block..... that Loose wires, cut mystery plugs and wires are everywhere, the wedge for the positive terminal was missing so I had to terminate the positive cable.
I have an incredible amount of rework to fix this into anything moderately presentable and reliable.
Oil pressure switch, oil control valve, did not have switched power wired to them
Intake manifold vacuum actuators did not have power wired to them.
"Yay" what an "experience"
Home - MARS Auto Parts & Engine Swaps LS Swap Parts | Kits | Turnkey Pallets is the website.
I WOULD NOT USE THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE FOR FORM.
I got fucked by them, Ape Eater got fucked by them, hell they even have their own facebook group on how they fuck people over.

John will directly lie to you on the phone just to get you off of it.
Bruce is a mouth drooler that apparently owns the place but just answers the phone and sends you to his punching bag John.
They still owe me 200 bucks.

******************************** DO NOT USE THEM ***********************************

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh