What's new

mmmshocks

Dumptruck.the.wookie

High Hopes, Low Standards
Member Number
Loc
Littleton,CO
Since we're on the topic. Im about to fit my solid axle and I need some shocks. I am a Bilstein guy, all the way. Love me some 5125's. But them are like a bill a piece these days.
Anyone have an opinion for cheaper 10" travel shocks? everything seems to be valved for something heavier or generic. I did do a v6 swap, its a touch heavier than stock. Anyone have any opinions for shockage for me? 89 sidekick, mildly heavier than stock...

Search newb:flipoff2:
525CB435-CF46-4F15-8B85-52A0DB388FBB.png
6529DD57-5D1B-4E62-B4B7-6100BA508A99.png

That is good info, blasphemous as the source may be....
I have been searching, it is tough to find people trying to do something even close to me, that isnt a 15 yr old article or thread with missing or irrelevant info. Everyone is linking or lifting to the moon. I'm staying as low as possible on leaves ATM.

I guess my question is if anyone has any real world experience with the cheapies. I can find shocks that fit, dimensionally but, the 2 listed above are designed for an F250... i weigh a little less.

That is a nice graph for comparison. I am only starting to learn about shock tuning. If i was ready for real performance, I wouldn't be hunting cheapies...
If this section is good for anything, it seems that the people here have tried alot of different ideas. Alot of R&D is out of the way, so my ghetto cheap ass can reap the benefits....

I have four 8" travel 5125's in my shed. They are in near new condition. Were on the rear of my Explorer in a double shock set up for a few years. I got a custom set of leaf springs and had to get longer shocks. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Top Back Refresh