What's new

Mission(s) to Mars

Tin foil hat time

I think the 2032 asteroid "they" (the man) say not to worry about may be a bigger problem than they say. At first it was a planet killer, then it was gonna be a near miss. Next thing we know everyone is scrambling to get to mars.

I'll take my chances with the roving gangs and cannibals....:flipoff2:
688cb305a025f71e7eb60dfeee7d1c9c.gif

Fuck Mars.

I wanna see more Venus with our current tech.

Pretty awesome mission - digging an ancient seabed for signs of (past) life, making oxygen out of the martian atmosphere, and flying a remote controlled helicopter.
i so hope they find some sort of fossil or other definitive evidence of past life. That would prob accelerate future Mars missions by years. Nasa would be telling Elon to quit wasting time on electric vehicles and get the Starship ready - we are going to see the neighbors!

Getting excited for this. The kids have a special lunch today to eat before they get on the bus. Tang, bean burritos, and freeze dried ice cream.

Getting excited for this. The kids have a special lunch today to eat before they get on the bus. Tang, bean burritos, and freeze dried ice cream.

I saw Tang when I was shopping on line the other day and almost bought a jar for old times sake. I remember when all kids wanted it because it was what the astranauts drank!

Forgot about this. I'll put the stream up. be neat to watch.

I remember watching this years ago. Opportunity digging itself out.

What people don't realize due to the time lapse, this self recovery took WEEKS.

i so hope they find some sort of fossil or other definitive evidence of past life. That would prob accelerate future Mars missions by years.

:eek: Good god, no! Another protected habitat would set us back decades.

Unless it's Vulcans with a welcome basket, I don't want to see any signs of life. I have zero interest in fossil microbes, and a great deal of interest in not being a single-planet species.

Touchdown in 24 minutes!

What's wierd is as I type, it's only 2-3 minutes from landing, but we won't know for another 11 minutes it takes for communications to get back to Earth

So it's either landed, or *really* landed at this point. Now just waiting for the last few minutes of radio signals to reach us to tell us how the atmosphere entry went, and if the whole skycrane drop maneuver worked or not. Fingers crossed

The live feed is noting how things are going live as the radio signals are received, so it's actually 11 minutes and 22 seconds behind what's actually happening on mars as we speak. So what's happening has happened, we're just waiting to hear about it haha.

Top Back Refresh