What's new

MInneapolis declares suicide, without cop involvement... YAY!

Deleted Member

Minneapolis defunds City PD. :laughing:

Talk about going full retard.

Article:

Nine Minneapolis City Council members announced plans Sunday to disband the city’s police department. They did not offer a timeline or propose specific actions but said they are “taking intermediate steps toward ending” the force. The group represents a majority on the 12-person council.

Two weeks after George Floyd died in police custody in the city, protesters nationwide say their work is far from over. They continue to denounce entrenched bias in law enforcement and call for sweeping changes.

In stark contrast, two top Trump administration officials said Sunday they do not believe there is “systemic racism” in the country’s police forces. Attorney General William P. Barr suggested he is reluctant to investigate potential deeper policing problems in Minneapolis, where the national firestorm began.

Here are some significant developments:
  • President Trump said Sunday he is ordering National Guard troops to begin withdrawing from the nation’s capital. D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) and others had criticized the use of heavily armed federal officers as security during largely peaceful demonstrations.
  • The New York Times on Sunday announced the resignation of its editorial page editor, James Bennet, four days after publishing a controversial op-ed from Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) that called for military intervention in U.S. cities racked by protests over police violence.
  • The concept of defunding the police has become a growing topic of interest as protests continue nationwide. Supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement have called for the action as one step toward combating what they view as institutionalized racism within police departments.
  • Philonise Floyd is scheduled to testify before Congress on Wednesday, the first congressional hearing on law enforcement reform since his brother’s killing in police custody on Memorial Day.
  • Former president Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama addressed the unrest sparked by Floyd’s death and the coronavirus pandemic in their commencement speeches to the Class of 2020 on Sunday, telling graduates that they, too, are anxious about the events that have unfolded in recent months. “It’s fair to say that your generation is graduating into a world that faces more profound challenges than any generation in decades,” Barack Obama said.
  • The Denver Police Department changed its rules Sunday to ban all uses of chokeholds as part of a wider effort to address the use of force by its officers amid ongoing protests over Floyd’s death.
The sun had been up for only about an hour Sunday morning when Charman Driver and about a dozen other people convened on a street in downtown Raleigh, N.C., for another day of protesting racism. But instead of signs and banners, the group showed up with a different means of spreading their message: paint.

Within hours, three giant words written out in marigold yellow block lettering stretched the length of a city block near the Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh. “End Racism Now.”

“This is what I’m doing for my child,” Driver, a community activist and local business owner, told WRAL. “Her and her friends need to know the real truth about this country that we live in.”
The sun had been up for only about an hour Sunday morning when Charman Driver and about a dozen other people convened on a street in downtown Raleigh, N.C., for another day of protesting racism. But instead of signs and banners, the group showed up with a different means of spreading their message: paint.

Slinky linky:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/9...department/ar-BB159zvz?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Really great idea if you ask me. The police is a massive overreach of the government. Law should be handled by community members. Not by government bureaucrats.

The other thread talks about them wanting to defund... this is about how they actually went full steam ahead and did it, in a knee jerk reaction style. Keep up!
:flipoff2:

Really great idea if you ask me. The police is a massive overreach of the government. Law should be handled by community members. Not by government bureaucrats.

So what's that look like? They vote in a city sheriff and have hangings in the court yard again? I'm ok with that.

So what's that look like? They vote in a city sheriff and have hangings in the court yard again? I'm ok with that.

It looks like whatever they want it to look like. You worry about your community and they'll worry about theirs. Don't like it? Move or influence change.

If the members of the Minneapolis PD had any stones, they would all resign and give them what they want.

Watch it burn.

They are idiots, but they should get what they deserve.

Thought this summed it pretty well:

353397_bq8f9z4l6x251.jpg

It looks like whatever they want it to look like. You worry about your community and they'll worry about theirs. Don't like it? Move or influence change.

No argument... I am a huge fan of "Nunya".

So without the police who's going to enforce their anti gun laws? 🤔😁

If the members of the Minneapolis PD had any stones, they would all resign and give them what they want.

Watch it burn.

They are idiots, but they should get what they deserve.

Yup. Without any LEO's on duty that city would descend into complete anarchy in short order. I only hope the council members that vote to disband the PD are the first victims.

So defunding or actually disbanding the entire police force?

this is a joke, right? I mean the popo was never really useful anyhow, but how should this work?

So the Dems are proposing a new policing policy. No defunding, but they want no "no knock" warrants and more body cams. I'm ok with both of those ideas.

So defunding or actually disbanding the entire police force?

this is a joke, right? I mean the popo was never really useful anyhow, but how should this work?

Pretty much. When you announce to the city’s model citizens your cutting the force they are gonna be emboldened to do more heinous shit. This puts a huge target on the guys left. I would resign if I was one of the cops left they are put in a no win scenario.

my gay super leftist trump touched me uncle lived in Minneapolis his entire life. He moved away 2 years back because it was turning into a war zone with all the Somali refugees. He said there was gonna be something bad that happens there.

Hopefully California and NYC follow suit!

So all my info comes from just a couple for forums now. Haven't heard much about Trump on this whole police thing. Honestly, I haven't heard much about him at all on much of anything lately. He just stepping back and letting the D's eat their own? :confused:

So all my info comes from just a couple for forums now. Haven't heard much about Trump on this whole police thing. Honestly, I haven't heard much about him at all on much of anything lately. He just stepping back and letting the D's eat their own? :confused:

I think his plan is to let all of these crazy Republican voting Christians to loot, burn and destroy all the Chicom imports they can get their hands on. After they get tired, then the Democrats can safely return to their jobs and clean up this mess.

Nah, they will slide that tax allocation into the "reparations" category.:laughing:

Yup. Money will be diverted to welfare and food stamps in order to secure votes.

I saw something that actually made a lot of sense to me. A lot of other social services have been cut, child protection, mental health, domestic disputes, drug treatment, and their funding and responsibilities have been given to the police. Officer are given very little training on how to deal with these new responsibilities, which is why we have so many suck ass interactions with the police. You have mother fuckers responding to calls for someone tripping balls or trying to off themselves who are stuck in the mindset of using force and fear (wether it be financial or physical) to make someone submit to them, which is what their primary function is with upholding the law/revenue generation.

We need to get back to the police just policing, enforcing the laws, and not trying to be mediators or provide mental health services. We need to cut the funding for the police, not eliminate them, and send it back where it belongs in the first place. We have tried to turn a hammer into a multi tool, and no matter how hard you try a hammer is only going to do 1 or two things really well. Trying to make a hammer do other shit is just going to make it hammer less effectively, and totally suck ass at anything else you want it to do.

We all know the importance of using the right tool for the job, and how bad it can suck if you don’t have it and soldier on anyway.

Thats the gist of the reasonable liberal propaganda I had read, just reformatted to fit better with all the wrench turning hillbilly’s on here

yea that sums it up really.

Has the Hennepin County Sheriff made any statements on this? If the city popo is dissolved, wouldn't enforcement fall to the sheriff? So would the police officers be laid off one day and hired by the Sheriff the next?

Top Back Refresh