What's new

Milwaukee packout or similar systems?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
I had seen them here and there, but didn't realize how sweet they really were until I bought some for my FIL for Xmas. The base that you can bolt down would be perfect in the back of a crawler. They even have socket sets with the case having the packout system built in. Small cooler, radio, you name it.

Only problem I've seen is I'd be literally clost to a grand for a small stack in the back. :laughing:

Figured may as well have a thread dedicated to it instead of messing up the m18 thread.

I'm also curious about other brands, maybe that aren't $80 for a small box :laughing: so far the dewalt and husky ones look nice, but don't lock together, which is a large majority of why I want them.

Even people that have DeWalt tools are buying the Milwaukee pack out system. It is the best. But yes, it is expensive. I dont have as much as I would like, because the cost so much.

Seen the dewalts around and on sale more than the reds. Look nice in the store, no 1sthand experience.

I did buy a husky organizer for my drill bit haul from a couple weeks back. Pretty sure it was this one. Its much better quality than the HF ones, the lid doesn't seem to flex nearly as much and let shit move compartments. I've got 10-20lbs of bits in it, doesn't seem to mind too much but it sits on a table 99.9% of its life.

Seen the dewalts around and on sale more than the reds. Look nice in the store, no 1sthand experience.

I did buy a husky organizer for my drill bit haul from a couple weeks back. Pretty sure it was this one. Its much better quality than the HF ones, the lid doesn't seem to flex nearly as much and let shit move compartments. I've got 10-20lbs of bits in it, doesn't seem to mind too much but it sits on a table 99.9% of its life.

I don't think either of those lock together like the Milwaukee?

Not that they don't have a place, but I really like the interlocking feature.

I have the dewalt toughsystem and its ok. Kind of a pain to use at times but the hand truck part is nice and gives me a hand truck in the van for no extra space. But on jobsites I am seeing almost all the Milwaukee stuff (for the guys that don't just use a 5 gal bucket or backpack)

Look at festool systainers to make the milwaukee seem less expensive.

I start with Toughboxes (Dewalt) as they were the first for a long time. The connection system sucks for like the back of a rig. Otherwise I think they are fine. Mne now have bolts through the bottom and a strap over the top.

I'm slowly moving to Packouts for the jeep and where the click connect works better. Rigid might have a system that is pretty close but I think their clip system is also lacking like the Dewalt.

Some of the containers sizes on the Packout just work better. I have their cooler sized deal behind the seat in the XJ for coats, and driver crap.

I have 3 of the ridgid sets and I'm moving to the pack out stuff slowly when deals present themselves. The ridgid set is probably the best bang for the buck, two of them live in the back of a pickup 24/7 and they are still waterproof after 3 or 4 years.

I had seen them here and there, but didn't realize how sweet they really were until I bought some for my FIL for Xmas. The base that you can bolt down would be perfect in the back of a crawler. They even have socket sets with the case having the packout system built in. Small cooler, radio, you name it.

Only problem I've seen is I'd be literally clost to a grand for a small stack in the back. :laughing:

Figured may as well have a thread dedicated to it instead of messing up the m18 thread.

I'm also curious about other brands, maybe that aren't $80 for a small box :laughing: so far the dewalt and husky ones look nice, but don't lock together, which is a large majority of why I want them.
You should see some of the pages I follow on Instagram. Some of those guys have multiple stacks of pack outs. One guy set them up in his driveway and he had to have like 3-4 stacks of 10.
I really like the pack out system. I was going to use one of the compact toolbox(cooler size one) as a center console in my bronco but haven't gotten around to it. I keep kicking myself for not grabbing the $199 deal HD had 2 Black Fridays ago for the rolling bottom box and 2 other pack outs on top.

I have the Rigid boxes in my RZR currently and honestly they are ok for the $ but I would really like to get the Packouts. Rock Ready UTV makes a plate that bolts into the bed of the RZR XP that the Packout boxes lock into and it's pretty damn sweet. I am just a cheap ass and can't get over the $150 for the plate, then $80 or so per box to go in it. The Packout cooler is too small for me in the RZR. I am sure it's great as a lunchbox for the trades but the bed of RZR is hot as fuck and only the big yeti style coolers keep ice more than a couple hours.

I have all yellow and black cordless tools but the Red boxes are tits.

I have the Rigid boxes in my RZR currently and honestly they are ok for the $ but I would really like to get the Packouts. Rock Ready UTV makes a plate that bolts into the bed of the RZR XP that the Packout boxes lock into and it's pretty damn sweet. I am just a cheap ass and can't get over the $150 for the plate, then $80 or so per box to go in it. The Packout cooler is too small for me in the RZR. I am sure it's great as a lunchbox for the trades but the bed of RZR is hot as fuck and only the big yeti style coolers keep ice more than a couple hours.

I have all yellow and black cordless tools but the Red boxes are tits.

I came across a few utv mounts as well, pretty sweet.

I was thinking just the crate with no lid for the first layer or 2, but even that's like $40 :laughing:

I came across a few utv mounts as well, pretty sweet.

I was thinking just the crate with no lid for the first layer or 2, but even that's like $40 :laughing:
What brand UTV do you have? If I recall it's a Can Am? My buddy has an X3 and he bolted the Milwaukee base to the bed of his X3 and mounted boxes to that. Milwaukee base

What brand UTV do you have? If I recall it's a Can Am? My buddy has an X3 and he bolted the Milwaukee base to the bed of his X3 and mounted boxes to that. Milwaukee base

Suzuki...... :laughing:

The mount I saw was for a talon, it had a full size mount off to one side and then the half size mount on the other. So it was more than just a stock Milwaukee mount.

I'm guessing some laser cut and formed ~16g would work?

The mount I saw was for a talon, it had a full size mount off to one side and then the half size mount on the other. So it was more than just a stock Milwaukee mount.

Here is the RR unit I was talking about..

In my samurai, with the back seat in, there isn't much room. But I could probably do a couple mounts to the swing out tail gate and have 2 of the medium hieght boxes on it side by side.

I usually pack more stuff in the 4runner, and could do a big stack back there.

The possibilities are endless! :laughing:

Interesting set up 🤔

My first thought is; nice, I'm a Milwaukee tool guy!:smokin:

My second thought is; it screams/advertises badass tools inside. 😬

Interesting set up 🤔

My first thought is; nice, I'm a Milwaukee tool guy!:smokin:

My second thought is; it screams/advertises badass tools inside. 😬

Good point

I've also seen a few guys around here just leave a their tools sitting on a flatbed while they go into a store :laughing:

Thats one nice thing about using those black and yellow totes, could be $1200 in cordless tools, but also could be grandma's Xmas decorations.

looks like they make socket sets that come in the Packout size cases as well. They are pricey but I guess once you figure up cost of the tools, the case, then the foam to keep it from rattling around it's not terribly priced..

Looks like they have a 106 pc set too but it's a bit more $$

There’s people that sell exactly that. And other mounting options as well. Get a piece of plywood and some of the 3D printed mounts that the pack outs latch to and mount it however you want

Those mounting plates are all over Ebay and Esty for 30-40 bucks. I drew one up and laser cut it early on and all done it was aroun $30 bucks. So unless you have a laser it's cheaper to buy them.

Wow; no shit? :smokin:

Yup. The local place had a flyer posted for packout deals. The picture showed the black ones with red lettering. I demanded they get me the black ones instead of the red ones they had there. Didnt work. Lol.

Europe also has a variable speed m18 grinder. I seen one listed on eBay, but the seller wouldn't send it to the US.

Turns out, they are taking preorders for them in the US and mine will be here in February. :smokin:

Think it looks better than the red, probably won't get as dirty as well.
Screenshot_20220106-160011_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220106-160000_eBay.jpg

I have the Dewalt stuff, it's not anywhere near the level the packout is.

Seems like everyone is getting in on these types of systems. Ryobi just launched theirs. HF has had one out for a couple months and I even noticed that Walmart has a Hart branded one now.

1641563427778.png

1641563528905.png

1641563612444.png

For a similar 3-piece set they're like $180, $150 and $90 in the order posted.

The HF stuff actually looks reasonably well built form the pics. I haven't seen it in person yet.

I'm half tempted to check out the Hart ones and see if they're reasonably stout enough for the wheeling rig. I can't justify $4-500 for the red shit when it'll only get used a handful of times a year.

All depends on how your rig is setup. I have 2 dewalt boxes stacked as that what was out at the time. The little side tabs are not good enough to rely on by themselves. They are easy enough to bolt down but then you can remove easily, etc. However they do just fine in the back of the pickup or slid into the truck box. Never had one fail yet with the dewalt. Latches on the hart look a fit light, but they are just expensice plastic units. I really like the pelican boxes but their prices are high. Hopefully costs go down now with all the options.

ye8NVRmd6QJyQHtGwjovHDgw=w1536-h1152-no?authuser=0.jpg

Top Back Refresh