What's new

Mild build HGTD?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
What happened to the guy with the mild build or something who was linking the front with 16" foxes?

Couldn't handle a discussion about his choice in shocks? :laughing:

Damn, what gen truck??
wasn't it the white reg cab 89-95, originally a 2wd. Thread was called "nothin special" or "nuttin special" or something

edit: not the 2wd to 4wd one I was thinking of, but same year range and color

I don't remember, i wasn't really following. My internet sucks so bad, pics don't even really load.

I saw he was trying to cram 16" coilovers on a pretty standard trail truck and offered some advice I had recently been given by multiple shock tuners. Which was to have no more than 8" down travel with a c/o. He said they would be "perfect" :laughing:

To get the ride height you want on a typical trail truck, you're going to have ~4" chrome showing. To do that in a 16" shock, you'll have to go with a softer or shorter spring or fucked up preload. It's just not the right way. Then on top of that, it will probably end up being limit strapped.

Obviously there is more than one way to build a truck. I'm always up for being proven wrong. But I refuse to let this place be another "looks good" and "like" place like social media.

wasn't it the white reg cab 89-95, originally a 2wd. Thread was called "nothin special" or "nuttin special" or something

edit: not the 2wd to 4wd one I was thinking of, but same year range and color
That one is still there, "Rudy" I offered some help with his links also, hopefully he has thicker skin:flipoff2:

It was called Nuthin' Fancy. I just looked through my browser history and found it. Then I got the "The requested thread doesn't exist" message. So yeah, I guess HGTD.

Sucks, I liked the truck.

That truck was sick and I was enjoying the build. He even agreed that the shocks sucked

Top Back Refresh