What's new

Mexican shredded beef

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Wife makes a mexican shredded beef in the crock pot that is so good. chuck roast, mexican stewed tomatoes, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, cumin, slow cook it all day til pull apart tender.. we use it in burritos with fresh onion, shredded cheese and sour cream. works great for tacos, nachos as well.

will upload the recipe when i get home.
IMG_20210521_135234831.jpg

Last edited:
WTF are you going to post the recipe or what, I'm hungry!

WTF are you going to post the recipe or what, I'm hungry!
lol sorry I forgot to upload it.

Wife said not to add any extra water when putting everything in the crockpot. She said it will cook more juice out of the meat and stuff and be too soupy if any extra water is added. 👩‍🍳

Wife is making this today for our camping trip this weekend. so damn good. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

I love cooking mexican and this thread made me realize I don't know any beef recipes, I'm really looking forward to trying it,

Wades ^ if you love carnitas this weekend go to Pepes Carnitas in KCK it is phenomenal !! It looks rough and you enter through a back alley down in Argentine but I promise it’s wonderful .

Looks good. I am going to try this this weekend. With beef. I do not feel like waking up at 5 am on my weekend to destroy a toilet because I ate a bunch of pork. Beef mixes better with corona.

Looks good. I am going to try this this weekend. With beef. I do not feel like waking up at 5 am on my weekend to destroy a toilet because I ate a bunch of pork. Beef mixes better with corona.
how did the shredded beef turn out?

My kids were gone. I wasn't going to cook for just me. Maybe try again in a few weekends. I probably chose to drink beer instead.
lately, with older kids, A single rib eye, some asparagus or Brussel sprouts will end up being what I cook. :beer:

Going to give this a shot bought a 10 pound rump roast I'll be cutting it up today, need to see if we have the rest may go ahead start today, Hmm we probably have it all except the Mexican stewed tomatoes.
I guess I'll try smoking baloney instead :flipoff2:

Finally had a chance to shred it up was juicy enough not to need any of the juice from the fixing, figure tomorrow mom will can what we didn't eat way to much for 2 people.

Sounds great! I would think you could add ground coriander and leave out the taco seasoning.

this is what I have had for lunch the last two days.. so freakin yummy..

it is really good on nachos as well.

haven't tried it in an omelet yet but I bet it would be good too.

Top Back Refresh