What's new

Mexican Cartel at it again

So, what's the cause of all the violence? Turf wars or what??

cartels have their "territory". sometimes they get in a dispute with other cartels. sometimes they have issues with some dudes who arent affiliated etc.

who knows. they value human life so little, they will kill 50 to get one guy they want dead.

cartels have their "territory". sometimes they get in a dispute with other cartels. sometimes they have issues with some dudes who arent affiliated etc.

who knows. they value human life so little, they will kill 50 to get one guy they want dead.
Kind of figured that's what was going on.

well, chapo was arrested again in 2016. so, thats not really it.
With Chapo out, power was with other guy.
Now, recently, other guy, Rafael Caro Quintero, is out, too. Hence my whole point - power vacuum.

ehhhhh, not really.

and maybe things have cooled down in Mexico from a decade ago, but the killings there were much MUCH worse than in any major city. They'd machine gun an entire intersection to get a few people. it was so bad they had mobile incinerators to handle the bodies.

and Mexicos murders have been climbing since 2015.

mexico has almost a third of our population but double the yearly homicides.
Sounds like MEXICO, not Baja.

I think a lot more Americans are killed down there than is reported.

An old friend of mines brother was just beaten, shot and left for dead in a ditch in TJ. Didn’t get reported at all.

Random nurse posted it on FB and it made rounds locally until he was identified.

Dude was a POS so he probably got what he deserved but crazy it doesn’t get reported.

See I think its the opposite. I think the violence and danger is played up to keep us and our money on this side of the boarder.

If your not doing stupid shit, your pretty safe down there. Now if you go into the wrong bar to buy some blow, then start hitting on the dealers girlfriend, you're going to have issues. In Mexico, stupid not only hurts, it can be deadly.
So stupid shit is going into a bar and hitting on a girl? Motherfucker, I better not go.

Talking to some desert racing community homies who are down there, they say it isn't that big of a deal. Drug cartel vs Mexican government and they're leaving everyone else(especially Americans) alone.

Talking to some desert racing community homies who are down there, they say it isn't that big of a deal. Drug cartel vs Mexican government and they're leaving everyone else(especially Americans) alone.
Well if they start whacking gringos they might get Hunter or one of his party buds and then the US might actually do something.

So stupid shit is going into a bar and hitting on a girl? Motherfucker, I better not go.
Depends on the bar and what color the chick is. Just play it safe and go to the whorehouse.

If your not doing stupid shit, your pretty safe down there. Now if you go into the wrong bar to buy some blow, then start hitting on the dealers girlfriend, you're going to have issues. In Mexico, stupid not only hurts, it can be deadly.
I mean, the same could be said for many places in America.

Have you been? It sure feels like it is. There is a much different vibe in baja compared to the rest of mexico proper.

I've been a bunch. I think the last time I was there, we were in Cabo, they had found a gringo cut up in a few pieces stuffed in a cooler.

I've also been to a few places in Mexico most here never have been or won't go to. Reynosa is high on the list of places you shouldn't go if you want to live.

I prefer Baja, it's much better than the rest but it's still Mexico

I've been a bunch. I think the last time I was there, we were in Cabo, they had found a gringo cut up in a few pieces stuffed in a cooler.

I've also been to a few places in Mexico most here never have been or won't go to. Reynosa is high on the list of places you shouldn't go if you want to live.

I prefer Baja, it's much better than the rest but it's still Mexico
I grew up a couple of hours from the Mexico border... I spent a lot of time in Tijuana, Ensenada, Rosarito Beachm Bufadora, Santa Maria and all over Baja... Now though? Nah... I'm good to never go again.

Top Back Refresh