What's new

Metal shavings, chips or grinding dust pickup tools

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I bought an evolution magnetic wand to pick up metal shavings, chips and grinding dust with. I actually bought their short and long wands. I don’t like to bend over much anymore :laughing:

This thing works great and I got to test it out on my drill press table. It did very well cleaning out the T slots in the table too.

If you’re looking for something like this, check em out as you won’t be disappointed imo.

IMG_3618.jpeg
IMG_3619.jpeg
IMG_3620.jpeg

there’s a lot of times I clean up small areas on the floor with a pissed off switchable magnet. It’s awesome to dump the filings in the trash can. Awful at covering much area…

I have the harbor freight roll around one. I just blow chips off onto the floor then pick them up.
I brought my personal one to my old job and got laughed at until they saw how fast and dustless it was cleaning up the entire(not just where I working) weld bay
Use a shop vac.
The curly shit from drilling gets stuck in them unless you have a big diameter hose and even then they still do occasionally

I bought that Evolution wand about a month ago too and it works great cleaning up my drill press table, band saw, lathe and plasma table. I also have a ~24" magnetic sweeper from Harbor Freight that is a huge time saver cleaning up grinding dust and random small bits of metal from the floor.

OK, one of the HF ones is on my list next time I stop there. I've gotten more concerned with shavings now that the kiddo is all over the place and, awesomely, showing interest in being in the garage at <2yrs old. do NOT want her getting shavings stuck to her shoes/clothes/etc

I remember my brother cleaning up welding rods after my dad. He was maybe 5 or 6.

Grabbed one that was still hot, asked my Dad were to put it.
I think he had pliers but I forget.

"On your nose".. just goofing around.

He still had a scar from that burn nearly 35 years later

I brought my personal one to my old job and got laughed at until they saw how fast and dustless it was cleaning up the entire(not just where I working) weld bay

The curly shit from drilling gets stuck in them unless you have a big diameter hose and even then they still do occasionally
I want to swap one of my vac hoses to a smooth bore flex hose. Sucks squeezing the ball of metal bits through the hose.

This type of stuff should work well.

Hose, for Metal Chips and Shavings, Clear, 2-1/2" ID, 3" OD

With a sandwich freezer zip lock bag over the head. I use it on the garage floor and in the grass
20240328_123034.jpg

I'm a cheap fucker. and it works great in the grass

I want to swap one of my vac hoses to a smooth bore flex hose. Sucks squeezing the ball of metal bits through the hose.

This type of stuff should work well.

Hose, for Metal Chips and Shavings, Clear, 2-1/2" ID, 3" OD

The safety douche at an old job got all serious with stainless grinding dust being hazmat and shit so he got a 30’ long hose but it was like 1-1/2” ID and we had to vacuum up all the grinding dust and slag and he ordered at hazmat dumpster for all that and the stainless flux for sub arc and other shit. I can’t imagine how much that cost

Top Back Refresh