What's new

Maxxis roxxzilla?

91samurai

Member Number
Loc
NC
Just saw Maxxis finally makes these utv tires for a 15in wheel. Has anyone had any experience with these? A sticky 32 looks like it would be great for a Samurai like mine.

Those are very new, as you stated. I doubt anyone has bought them or put them on anything but a SxS at this point. Give it 6 months and ask again, or buy a set and be the first to review them in a non SxS application. :smokin:

Those are very new, as you stated. I doubt anyone has bought them or put them on anything but a SxS at this point. Give it 6 months and ask again, or buy a set and be the first to review them in a non SxS application. :smokin:

Not to derail the tread but I think they would be the perfect tire for my samurai (linked front, stretched, Dana 30s front and rear). Sticky treps are a great tire and hopefully this is just a smaller version. Currently running 31ltbs and 0-3 psi to get them to work how I want. I’m a diehard small tire guy lol

Not to derail the tread but I think they would be the perfect tire for my samurai (linked front, stretched, Dana 30s front and rear). Sticky treps are a great tire and hopefully this is just a smaller version. Currently running 31ltbs and 0-3 psi to get them to work how I want. I’m a diehard small tire guy lol

I say go for it and report back. Given Maxxis reputation in the rock crawling world, I would expect those tires to work very well.

I've ran 32 maxxis carnivore on a 99 4 door tracker and now a samurai, been to Fordyce twice. Knock on wood, no issues. I wouldn't hesitate at all to run the roxxzilla on a Sami. You think you are going to be any harder on them then the koh guys?

I say go for it and report back. Given Maxxis reputation in the rock crawling world, I would expect those tires to work very well.

The 15” comps have been around for a while now. They perform very well, especially in the comp compound. They are quite literally a mini Trep

The 15” comps have been around for a while now. They perform very well, especially in the comp compound. They are quite literally a mini Trep

Whats "a while" mean? I wanted sticky 15" rockzillas for my SxS when I first bought it and thought it was going to be a rock crawler, and could only find them in 14". Hell, I couldn't even find regular compound Rockzillas in 15" at that time.

I totally believe the mini trep comment and that is why i was looking for them. :smokin:

Whats "a while" mean? I wanted sticky 15" rockzillas for my SxS when I first bought it and thought it was going to be a rock crawler, and could only find them in 14". Hell, I couldn't even find regular compound Rockzillas in 15" at that time.

I totally believe the mini trep comment and that is why i was looking for them. :smokin:

I can’t say too much.

I can’t say too much.

Gotcha.

Know anything about the Maxxis SC1 SxS tires? Tried to get my hands on a set of those also. I've seen them in person on a cars at the races but can't find any info on them. Even Maxxis acts like they don't exist.....

:laughing:

Someone told me they've been available in 15" for a bit, but not posted online. Don't quote me on that though :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Not sure that really matters. I don't see a race ready x3 or rzr being any lighter than a trail ready Sami. Even if they were, they're hitting shit at 10x's the speed.

Gotcha.

Know anything about the Maxxis SC1 SxS tires? Tried to get my hands on a set of those also. I've seen them in person on a cars at the races but can't find any info on them. Even Maxxis acts like they don't exist.....

:laughing:

Ah yes the “Hoosier killers” They exist, but are hard to get a hold of if you are an average Joe, basically because they are a dedicated short course tire, although enough have been made that they are a legal tire, most sanctioning body’s don’t allow “special construction” tires. Last year was kind of a real world testing for them more or less.

The secrecy of every tire manufacturing company is quite compelling, everyone is constantly trying something new and trying to edge out the next guy. I’d love to go into detail about certain company’s and what goes into tires as far as construction, compound and what not.

Going to bump this thread since there is a guy on a local board that has put the 35in sticky’s on an xj.

Going to bump this thread since there is a guy on a local board that has put the 35in sticky’s on an xj.

I saw a 2 door xj at a local event with 35 sxs tires, bloods ports or something? I was kinda happy to see them on something a little heavier than a zuk.

I'm interested to see how that works out long term since the average XJ on 35s is seeing substantial street time.

I keep thinking about putting UTV tires on my Lesbarus but I can't see them liking an 80mph trip down the highway.

I'm interested to see how that works out long term since the average XJ on 35s is seeing substantial street time.

I keep thinking about putting UTV tires on my Lesbarus but I can't see them liking an 80mph trip down the highway.
There are plenty of people in my area who have rigs on 35s that are beaters that never see pavement. Lots of xjs with no glass and cages around here.

so did you ever get the tires you were asking about?
Not yet. It’s a lot of money for the upgrade and I’ve been installing a new engine and rebuilding the transmission in my samurai.

My 78 k10 does need new tires so I’ve been considering putting the ltb swampers from the samurai on it and getting roxxzillas for the samurai. Since I already have to buy another set of tires, I’m just unsure about running the intercos on the k10 because it’s my spare vehicle for if something happens to my truck or the wife’s car. I daily drove it for 3 months at the beginning of the year.

There's quite a few suzuki guys running the 32"'s locally, they perform extremely well. I have the 35 stickies on my car but I'm yet to run it as I'm upgrading the rear axles. They are extremely soft, so no, I don't think they'd enjoy being on the highway. Based on how they respond to pressure, I wouldn't run them on anything heavier than about 2600lb, i think the carcass would fall apart, but I guess time will tell. It's awesome to have access to a light weight, narrow, sticky 35 - It's the perfect tire for our local conditions.

IMG_3348-X3.jpg

IMG_3372-X3.jpg

There's quite a few suzuki guys running the 32"'s locally, they perform extremely well. I have the 35 stickies on my car but I'm yet to run it as I'm upgrading the rear axles. They are extremely soft, so no, I don't think they'd enjoy being on the highway. Based on how they respond to pressure, I wouldn't run them on anything heavier than about 2600lb, i think the carcass would fall apart, but I guess time will tell. It's awesome to have access to a light weight, narrow, sticky 35 - It's the perfect tire for our local conditions.

Awesome.

I have a lot of faith in SxS tires in general on lightish rigs.

What wheels are those?

Top Back Refresh