What's new

Mattis isn't too happy with the orange man

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try"

I guess he had his head up his ass during the 8 years Obama was in office. Half the racial shit going on in this country right now is due to Obama running his mouth and instigating shit.

I guess he had his head up his ass during the 8 years Obama was in office. Half the racial shit going on in this country right now is due to Obama running his mouth and instigating shit.

While I agree, Trump is really no better than the press when it comes to fanning the flames sometimes. But, the left is so far gone that there is no uniting the US, until everyone concedes to their demands. I don't like either side, but one side has shown to be a lot more intolerable than the other.

I know Mattis is no fan of the President, but I disagree with him on this. I've found his (Mattis's) politics a little odd. Loved hearing him speak, he is a warrior and understands history.

BymGdkk.png

I don't really need him to be a fan of the pres. I tend to agree with him that bringing AD troops against american citizens is a poor idea at best in this scenario. I disagree with him on the Syria issue and Trump was right. It really is liberating to be able to think for yourself and not base all your decisions on what Trump does and whoever disagrees with him is right.

I don't really need him to be a fan of the pres. I tend to agree with him that bringing AD troops against american citizens is a poor idea at best in this scenario. I disagree with him on the Syria issue and Trump was right. It really is liberating to be able to think for yourself and not base all your decisions on what Trump does and whoever disagrees with him is right.

This...if only others thought this way.

Fuck Mattis. Nothing but a liberal in his old age. His statement was strictly political.

For the "fuck Mattis" crowd: how is having federal troops deployed against the citizens of the United States in any possible way a good idea?

That's tianneman square kind of shit.

Like I said above, it wasn't in this scenario, answering your question though:

October 17, 1871
September 24, 1957
September 30, 1962
September 10, 1963
September 20, 1989

probably more, but those are the ones I'm pretty sure of.

For the "fuck Mattis" crowd: how is having federal troops deployed against the citizens of the United States in any possible way a good idea?

That's tianneman square kind of shit.

What is the difference, in your feeble mind, between NG troops in states being utilized and Army being utilized in DC?

Mattis is pissed because Trump (correctly) didn't want to invade Syria. However, Mattis is right about domestic deployment of federal troops. But, putting out a critical letter like this about this former boss is dissapointing.

Now that we’re clear you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. So, if Trump sends active duty Army to help with rioting in xxxxx state, how is it a violation of posse comitatus?

Mattis is pissed because Trump (correctly) didn't want to invade Syria. However, Mattis is right about domestic deployment of federal troops. But, putting out a critical letter like this about this former boss is dissapointing.
No, he isn’t right in either case

I'm sorry I assumed you knew history a little better

1871- put down the KKK uprising
1957 - protect the little rock 9
1962 - Little uprising in Ol Miss
1963 - desegregation of Alabama schools
1989 - maybe the biggest stretch but stop the looting after Hugo. (people were run out of town by the government in forced evacuations, the government should protect their shit while they are gone.)

Like I said above, it wasn't in this scenario, answering your question though:

October 17, 1871
September 24, 1957
September 30, 1962
September 10, 1963
September 20, 1989

probably more, but those are the ones I'm pretty sure of.

I'd add one of the most notorious: Clearing the Bonus Army from their protest camp in DC in 1932. MacArthur and Patton were involved. Hoover ended up losing the reelection at least in part to it. This wiki is pretty comprehesive and from my understanding of the history neutral in its reporting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

I'd add one of the most notorious: Clearing the Bonus Army from their protest camp in DC in 1932. MacArthur and Patton were involved. Hoover ended up losing the reelection at least in part to it. This wiki is pretty comprehesive and from my understanding of the history neutral in its reporting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

The original question by the history buff was "For the "fuck Mattis" crowd: how is having federal troops deployed against the citizens of the United States in any possible way a good idea?" That's why I left it off the list. There have been several times in history when it was used poorly. I already said I think this was one of those times.

When shit opens up I'll have to go down to the local watering hole Mattis goes to here in town and buy him a beer and ask him wtf.

I'll agree that trump is a very divisive president but he isn't actively trying to divide the country, his very presence in the office has the left ripping the place apart. Obama was actively dividing the country but he gets a pass because he was a comparative warmonger that kept Mattis doing what he loves?

I didn't give a shit when Mattis was brought into the government, when he was kicked out of government, and I don't give a shit now.

I don't typically put much stock into the political opinions of our nation's warriors because I am an American. I thought the hysteria over Mattis when he was first appointed was inappropriate, and I said so at the time. I figured it was good for the Trump movement, but could possibly backfire.

It's backfired a little bit. The Syria thing and overwhelming support for pulling out amongst all of my ex-military friends and online acquaintences was pretty remarkable and refreshing. So it softened the blow on Mattis making his statement.

The Left is hoping Mattis is a Warrior-Statesman, and he's not. He's a brilliant man who loves his country. Thank you for your service Gen. Mattis.

When shit opens up I'll have to go down to the local watering hole Mattis goes to here in town and buy him a beer and ask him wtf.

I'll agree that trump is a very divisive president but he isn't actively trying to divide the country, his very presence in the office has the left ripping the place apart. Obama was actively dividing the country but he gets a pass because he was a comparative warmonger that kept Mattis doing what he loves?

can you show me on the doll where obama touched you?

The original question by the history buff was "For the "fuck Mattis" crowd: how is having federal troops deployed against the citizens of the United States in any possible way a good idea?" That's why I left it off the list. There have been several times in history when it was used poorly. I already said I think this was one of those times.

That's cool. I'd agree that almost all if not all times the troops have been used against it's own citizens has gone badly. I thought the Bonus Army was a good example.

If nothing else it builds animosity towards the Military. Coming from a Military family and working with liberals I have already seen enough of that. We do not need more.

That said the area around the White House is a complex place of overlapping jurisdictions. I could see if the DC Police or Park Police were being passive in some sort of silent solidarity with the Protesters/Rioters I could see the need to bring in the NG or even Active Service (prefer not) to insure the safety and security of the White House and surrounding residents and property.

60 Secret Service people were injured in the first night alone. There was probably a bit of a staffing issue after that!

Top Back Refresh