What's new

Master Socket Sets

I love my GP socket sets, cases are thin as possible to better fit in drawers.
The master sets include wobbles and extensions.
There wobbles IMO are equal to the older Snap On sockets in every way.

81 actual useful sockets $380

I really like my gp 3/8” set EXCEPT the damn etching. I’d pay extra for the sockets to be stamped but they won’t sell them that way.

I also have a similar 3/8” tekton set that is stamped and awesome but it’s chrome. I really want stamped black oxide sockets.

For swivels I have been beating on a set of deep 3/8” black oxide SK for over a decade and they have been flawless.

I really like my gp 3/8” set EXCEPT the damn etching. I’d pay extra for the sockets to be stamped but they won’t sell them that way.

I also have a similar 3/8” tekton set that is stamped and awesome but it’s chrome. I really want stamped black oxide sockets.

For swivels I have been beating on a set of deep 3/8” black oxide SK for over a decade and they have been flawless.
I agree with that, fuck that laser

I put Milwaukee socket sets in my box. Filled a field box with what was in there.

Tekton.

They don’t skip sizes and I have been beating on them for well over a year. My chrome sockets even hold up to my 3/8 Milwaukee impact. Ratchets have also been beat to hell and I haven’t broken one yet.

How close are you to a Canadian Border? Or do you have Canadian Shipping companies like Cross Border Pick Ups that will bring them Stateside?
Can't really go wrong with a Canadian Tire master socket set... especially when they go for like 50% off!

1639603202854.png

It isn't currently on sale but it's not uncommon for this to be 50% sometimes 75% off and these are good quality sockets. My CT set is +40 years old and I've replaced 2 sockets that I personally abused the hell out of.
Yup, hard to beat that value, especially for someone just starting their tool collection.
edit, I just clicked that link and that kit is on sale right now for $299 CDN

I have a ton of sockets and never had them organized. Probably two-hundred sockets all piled in one drawer. I picked up a bunch of socket organizers, figured out what was missing, and ordered about $300 worth of fill-ins. Now I'm organized, have no gaps, and didn't have to buy a whole new set.

As for buying sets. I bought some of the GearWrench socket sets a while back. Buy one get one kinda deal. All 6 point sockets, with a fairly decent ratchet. Right now the 3/8" set on amazon is $126 and the 1/4" set is $67. I would buy them again.

Grabbed a Millwaukee 3/8" setup for the pickup. Square sockets are legit!!

I dont really get buying the full master socket sets , as you seem to end up with alot of shit that you will never use. If I had the time, I would be cruising ebay for used sk,wright, proto etc. Could piece together a pretty solid set....

Is the husky stuff any good for the price these days? When I was a teenager my Grandpa bought us a big husky socket set and they are still rolling around in my tool drawer to this day with zero issues and I'm not afraid to put chrome 12 points on the impact.:homer:

I do have a big set from sunex that I like but no 12 points and it comes in an orange case.
I have been wondering about the husky or kobalt stuff also. Thinking of buying my son some tools for christmas....

As for buying sets. I bought some of the GearWrench socket sets a while back. Buy one get one kinda deal. All 6 point sockets, with a fairly decent ratchet. Right now the 3/8" set on amazon is $126 and the 1/4" set is $67. I would buy them again.

Grabbed a Millwaukee 3/8" setup for the pickup. Square sockets are legit!!

I dont really get buying the full master socket sets , as you seem to end up with alot of shit that you will never use. If I had the time, I would be cruising ebay for used sk,wright, proto etc. Could piece together a pretty solid set....
i hear you on the extra shit they put in a set, like the OP i am in the same boat kinda, just want to a large set of sockets to fill up the trays and use all my other piece mills kits as trail, truck and spares.

do tell about this square socket?

I've been eyefucking these for the awhile now. You said you didn't need rachets or anything but in this case I've been really liking the span of sizes. You can go browse other parts of the site for sockets only kits. They're not high end by any means but I like the price and I bet they'd work good for home gaming.

I quit eyefucking them and pulled the trigger about a year ago now. Have not had a single complaint about them so far.

Top Back Refresh