What's new

Marine audio expertise needed.

not2hye

Knucklehead
Member Number
Loc
Hellifornia
I\'ve got an early 90\'s Sanger DXII that has eaten the last automotive stereo I care to put in it. Got about 5 years out of a cheap walmart pioneer head unit.\n\nNow it needs all the speakers replaced, more automotive stuff from before my ownership. It had 7 (weird number for speakers) 6x9\'s in it. Its got a few kicker 12s up under the bow that work just fine, along with a few kicker amps, not looking to mess with the subs or the amps at this time, they all still function correctly.\n\nDont need competition grade stuff, just want some tunes while we are out on the water.\nWould like to stay pioneer for ease of install.\n\nlooking at this unit: https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-MVH-S...0955913&sr=8-4\n\nEDIT: this is the marine unit i was looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-MVH-M...0956435&sr=8-2\n\nBut having an issue finding marine 6x9s\nFound adapter plates on amazon for about $20 a pair, is it worth going to 6.5 speaker and buying the adapter plates?\nIs Boss or pyle good enought for marine usage? Ive steered clear of them for automotive stuff.

Last edited:
Although not in a boat, I’ve bought some “wet sounds” stuff for my wife’s golf cart.
we don’t play golf, the cart is for the beach and cruising the neighborhood.

I got the stealth 10 sound bar, and the as10 powered sub woofer.
not cheap but great quality.

check out “wet sounds”

ive got a couple of buddies that have big “wet sounds” systems in their wake boats, I’ve never heard a complaint.
pricey but worth it imho.
this is there Stand alone stuff, no head unit, self powered, and operates of whatever Bluetooth device you choose.

their marine systems are badass.

6E579407-7D29-4D4C-83E4-AB6BE2A106BE.jpeg

0407F6C4-5E0A-44FB-B77D-F96468985A79.jpeg

B01BC826-A6EA-4F43-BD83-1E243969F405.jpeg

Last edited:
Although not in a boat, I’ve bought some “wet sounds” stuff for my wife’s golf cart.
we don’t play golf, the cart is for the beach and cruising the neighborhood.

I got the stealth 10 sound bar, and the as10 powered sub woofer.
not cheap but great quality.

check out “wet sounds”

ive got a couple of buddies that have big “wet sounds” systems in their wake boats, I’ve never heard a complaint.
pricey but worth it imho.

Yikes! they are proud of their product. :laughing:

The cheapest 6.5" they have are $100 a pop.

Id imagine a saddle bag mount would be a rougher environment than inside a boat. I think I might throw down on the pioneer and 3 sets of these. Wonder why is it cheaper to buy the 2 pack than the 4 pack per speaker? :homer:

Cheaper because people are idiots and never check the price, instantly think the bigger package will be the better buy.

Last edited:
No, that brand (and their other name "Boss") is pure junk, do not waste any money on that, you can trust me on this
I’ve steered clear of them for any automotive installs. Didn’t know if their marine line was their gig or not. Doesn’t sound like it.
These are considerably more, but I'd rather have 2 of these than 6 of the pyle/boss garbage speakers.
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-M...9XSBSM865E#customerReviews&tag=91812054244-20

Those are nice. But I’ve got 6 holes to fill on this thing. :laughing:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G87JWJS/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_vmd1EbATQV92T?tag=91812054244-20
I just bought these...hopefully they work out. Can be any worse than pyle or boss
Also picked up there 8 channel amp with onboard bluetooth.

Rockville is a decent budget brand

People have been running their amps with pretty good results.

There speakers are MEH but a notch above Pyle

I think you did ok esp for the money.

I do like the reviews on those better that others. :laughing:

i think im going to out the factory storage back in the boat. Which will eliminate the middle speaker. I’ll get some pictures later so you guys can see what I’m taking about. Next time this boat get interior upgrades I’m putting 6.5 round speakers back in it.

Top Back Refresh