What's new

Man if I'd only been born rich instead of good looking.

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
This thing is fully badass. I can't imagine it's less than a $250k build. The full article is on Race Dez, https://www.race-dezert.com/home/th...medium=post&utm_campaign=Kyle-Craft-Prerunner. Check out the copper coated 180* headers.

Kyle-Craft-1978-Ford-F250-race-dezert-27.jpg

Kyle-Craft-1978-Ford-F250-race-dezert-59.jpg

i think you may have gotten srewed in the wallet AND in the looks department there bud

:flipoff2: :laughing:

Am I cockeyed, or is that thing rocking a bit of negative camber?

After all the years of "LS swap" rhetoric, your shocked someone took it seriously? :flipoff2:

I have been pissed for years everytime someone puts a chevy engine in a Ford, The one that really got me was in Super Ford magazine in the 80s, W TX kid used his daddies oil money to build a T bird with a chevy Marine engine in it so that the distributer was in the front it was even noted in the article but the kicker was when they took a full 2 seconds off his 1/4 mile time at the drag strip, watched him every couple of weeks the thing was an absolute dog.
My buddy Craig has an IHC 4 banger out of a Scout we have talked about putting in a 60s classic Corvette then taking it to car shows just to watch the looks of horror as people see that greasy old 4 banger in their beloved fiberglass hog

Last edited:
Why copper for the headers?

i dont know if the coating would help, but copper transfers heat extremely well. maybe it helps take the heat out.

but then again i thought you wanted to insulate headers, not increase their heat transfer. so i dunno i'm going to go with looks cool

i dont know if the coating would help, but copper transfers heat extremely well. maybe it helps take the heat out.

but then again i thought you wanted to insulate headers, not increase their heat transfer. so i dunno i'm going to go with looks cool

That is what had me head scratching... Copper would help radiate the heat and i believe it would discolor with said heat. I R Confused. the article even mentioned:

Brian from Allen Motorsports designed a beautiful 180-degree header exhaust system, with a copper coating for proper heat insulation (and it matches the truck’s paint).

I didnt think copper was a good thermal insulator...

That is what had me head scratching... Copper would help radiate the heat and i believe it would discolor with said heat. I R Confused. the article even mentioned:

Brian from Allen Motorsports designed a beautiful 180-degree header exhaust system, with a copper coating for proper heat insulation (and it matches the truck’s paint).

I don't think it's copper plating, that would tarnish right quick. It's probably some sort of ceramic coating with copper coloring.

the ones i worked with were coated inside and out with typical ceramic, then the exterior was coated with the copper. cant tell you if there was any reduction in heat because the car was build with zero tolerance. i think the owner just wanted it to look cool

atleast its a big block and not an ls

It's funny how that works. I'll scroll past a hundred smallblock or ls swaps I see a bigblock and its suddenly interesting. I think it has to do with the equal exhaust port spacing.

I have always dreamed of having a streetable trophy truck. That thing is absolutely awesome. I really like the trophy LTD’s for some reason. Only way I could afford one is a ten year home build

Would a chevy engine with a front distributor and thrust bearing on the center main be ok?:flipoff2:

I dig that truck.

You don't read the whole thread before posting do you

I have been pissed for years everytime someone puts a chevy engine in a Ford, The one that really got me was in Super Ford magazine in the 80s, W TX kid used his daddies oil money to build a T bird with a chevy Marine engine in it so that the distributer was in the front it was even noted in the article but the kicker was when they took a full 2 seconds off his 1/4 mile time at the drag strip, watched him every couple of weeks the thing was an absolute dog.
My buddy Craig has an IHC 4 banger out of a Scout we have talked about putting in a 60s classic Corvette then taking it to car shows just to watch the looks of horror as people see that greasy old 4 banger in their beloved fiberglass hog

Fuck that. :shaking: Interest gone. Gee, it's another 32 A-body with a small block, how interesting...

Yeah, cause there's a whole raft of 78 F100's built to 6100 specs with a BBC running around these days. I mean any cars and coffee will have more of those than stock Mustang GT's, or 2014 hemi Challengers.

Once again you make an airtight case for your POV. Huzzah!

I have always dreamed of having a streetable trophy truck. That thing is absolutely awesome. I really like the trophy LTD’s for some reason. Only way I could afford one is a ten year home build

I’m right there with you. I would like to do a older crew cab like this one. Chevy, Ford, dodge, whatever.

You don't read the whole thread before posting do you

I'm gonna pencil you in as a solid no then.:flipoff2:

I was already committed when I saw your second post, so no, I didn't read the whole thread before flapping my yap.

Top Back Refresh