What's new

Maine Bound!

New truck looks nice. Old truck engine? LS Swap.
Yeah it’s a major upgrade for sure. Kind of can’t get over just how nice it is. Already bedlined, already has nice rubber floor mats, and yeah, all the options. I’m really digging this Delmonico red paint too. Gonna finally get a firefighter plate too. That’s on the agenda for next week.

and for the old one I was just thinking a junkyard Hemi or maybe grab a rebuilt long block. I haven’t really started digging into it yet. It may honestly just sit until spring at this point.

I've forgotten, what is the old truck?

I have a 6.4L Hemi here, new in crate.

and for the old one I was just thinking a junkyard Hemi or maybe grab a rebuilt long block. I haven’t really started digging into it yet. It may honestly just sit until spring at this point.
When I was looking (for a Ford V10), a rebuilt long block was about the same price as a lower mileage used "they pull it" JY motor.

Aaron Z

Sorry, didn't read the thread. It's huge.

But you got a lot of house and property for relatively low money. Congrats.
Now that you've been there a while, how hard are the winters? How expensive are the bills to stay warm?
Wood, propane, electric, gas bills stack up bad or what?

I've forgotten, what is the old truck?

I have a 6.4L Hemi here, new in crate.
old truck is a 2014 Ram 1500 sport with the 5.7 Hemi and the 8 speed

Sorry, didn't read the thread. It's huge.

But you got a lot of house and property for relatively low money. Congrats.
Now that you've been there a while, how hard are the winters? How expensive are the bills to stay warm?
Wood, propane, electric, gas bills stack up bad or what?
Winters Aren’t bad. We are fairly close to the coast so it’s generally a little warmer and a bit less snow here than other parts of the state. Each year I’ve made improvements to lower the bills. All led smart lighting, pellet boiler, rooftop solar, etc. the solar just went online middle of last month and made a sizable dent in my electric bill.

for heat I use my pellet boiler as the primary with the old oil Boiler as a secondary. Also have a wood stove that gets fired up on the really cold days to cut down pellet use. In general, I seem to burn about a ton of pellets per month in the winter. Now that I have solar I’m going to remove the boiler fired water heater for a heat pump style unit to reduce that further. I found it silly to still be burning pellets in the shoulder seasons and summer just to heat my water. Also the current 41 gallon unit just isn’t big enough.

You are going to hate the air ride come winter time. I deleted my old Ram. The compressor freezes in the winter. It'll dump all the air and sit on the bump stops. They should not sell them in snow county.

You are going to hate the air ride come winter time. I deleted my old Ram. The compressor freezes in the winter. It'll dump all the air and sit on the bump stops. They should not sell them in snow county.
I was doing some reading on that last night actually. Seems a lot of folks have had luck using an air compressor oil made for semi trucks. They add just a little into the air lines and it supposedly prevents this from happening.

I was doing some reading on that last night actually. Seems a lot of folks have had luck using an air compressor oil made for semi trucks. They add just a little into the air lines and it supposedly prevents this from happening.
Will depend on how humid the air is, it's an open system, so as the compressor pulls in humid air, compresses it and it expands/cools the water is going to drop out of it. The only question is where it ends up and if you put enough oil in to raise the freezing point of the water to above the outside temps.
Parking it in your heated garage will help for sure.

Aaron Z

lifetime fix

ain't nobody want to service that shit.
:flipoff2:
Only issue is it needs an air signal from the governor to purge the water. Not sure how you would do that with an electric pump without a bunch of added complications .

Top Back Refresh