What's new

Made a road trip today.

ProjectTwin

Member Number
So you guys may remember when I asked about the most compact way to locate a rear axle for a project idea I had.

Crispin offered a '99 Miata for the project. I wasn't familiar with them, but after investigating I found it would likely be perfect for what I want to do.

So...made the trip today and picked it up. Unfortunately Crispin wasn't home, but he had it located so I could ratchet it onto the U-haul trailer.

Fun Fact: I initially threw the strap on the front sway bar. Ripped it and the entire bumper cover off. :homer: :lmao:

Wish I could've met him, shook his hand, and thanked him in person, but had to via Facebook messenger.

Figured I'd also post here. Thanks, Crispin. :beer:

Here it is loaded up before I left.

miata parts.jpg

I think crispin was probably hiding until you left so he wouldn't end up being worn by you.:flipoff2:
Nice project, I love Miatas and no I'm not ghey.

Guy on youtube is swapping a 170 inch slant six Dodge into a Miata. Horse power is about the same as is the weight, but it so much longer to get it to fit it moves the weight further back, and the 6 cylinder should develop it's horse power at a lower RPM making it perfect for autocrossing

I stopped for fuel on the way back and had an old guy come up and (sarcastically) say "Looks like you've got yerself a project there."

Told him "Yeah, you know what a Scion xB is? I'm pulling the subframes from this Miata so I can put an LS in the front subframe, then I'm grafting the Miata subframes to the xB."

He thought I was going to restore the crusty Miata.

Bro when you said LS swap it I thought you were playing.

I hope you get it done as that will be super unique and stand out at any show for sure.

You are super welcome and sorry that I couldn't have been there.

You should make a build thread for sure as I would like to follow along.

Ruger here has done the LS swap.

Not sure if you plan to make your mounts (harder but way cheaper) or buy them.

Lots of swap threads to be found out there.

I noticed the discarded chocolates and craft beer on the ground, thinking you wanted to put food and drink in me in a romantic manor?

Perhaps next time!

Bro when you said LS swap it I thought you were playing.

I hope you get it done as that will be super unique and stand out at any show for sure.

You are super welcome and sorry that I couldn't have been there.

You should make a build thread for sure as I would like to follow along.

Ruger here has done the LS swap.

Not sure if you plan to make your mounts (harder but way cheaper) or buNoy them.

Lots of swap threads to be found out there.

I noticed the discarded chocolates and craft beer on the ground, thinking you wanted to put food and drink in me in a romantic manor?

Perhaps next time!

I'm just glad you didn't find the used condoms and notice how funny that duck is walking. :laughing:

When you offered the Miata I pulled dimension drawings for the Miata and xB unibodies. Once I get the xB unibody rebuilt to accept the Miata subframes it's just a matter of ordering a LS conversion subframe and bolting that in place.

I'm guessing this will happen on a Sceep/glacial time scale. :laughing: I'd guess 1-2 years before the Miata subframes are under the xB

But who knows, it may happen sooner. When this Audi wagon goes out I'm ordering a lift. Would also love to get a CNC plasma but can do that stuff by hand so it's not a necessity.

But yeah, LS-swapped Scion xB on Miata suspension.

Makes perfect sense. :homer:

That sounds like something that would be an absolute blast to drive. :smokin:

I joined a couple of V8 Miata groups on Facebook to research and glean info that would help with what I'm doing.

The underlying thing is that a LS powered Miata is fucking nuts and scary to drive.

Then add the hilarity of having that in Scion xB.

Top Back Refresh