What's new

Ls swap jk belt routing help

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
We're at a mountain mafia event and my buddy threw his serp belt. 07 JK with 08 caddy 6.2 ls swap. Swap was a motech kit, so assuming the brackets are motech, but not the billet ones that come up on google.

We did the way pictured and it's just too short. Also tried under the crank to under ac (bottom right) then around waterpump and up to alt (top right)

With the tensioner the way it is, it can't really go a different way on the left side.

Belt has been on there for years, so it's the correct belt, but he's never had it off, so maybe it's really tight?

Sm is smooth
Ten is tensioner
Rib is ribbed :homer:

20220521_153406.jpg

Have you googled "<year/make/model of donor> belt routing diagram" yet?

Have you googled "<year/make/model of donor> belt routing diagram" yet?

No, because it's got all aftermarket brackets. Shit is all in different spots from factory.

He's going to call the company who makes the swap today, eventually he had to get rope towed home :laughing:

My guess is that the Pic I drew is right and something got bent that we couldn't see. Earlier that day, the motor looked to be moving around more than I would have expected and there is not much room in there for that.

I know this will sound wrong.

A while back I was putting a belt on something and it was kinking my ass, I don't remember what it was now.

But it turned out that the ribbed side actually went around the smooth tensioner.

I was like no fergin way....

But yep that was the case.

Pretty sure Motech pushed the GM CTS-V front drive brackets for their kits before they came out with the billet stuff.

CTS-V is corvette spacing.

Pretty sure Motech pushed the GM CTS-V front drive brackets for their kits before they came out with the billet stuff.

CTS-V is corvette spacing.

These brackets are definitely aftermarket. Looks like laser cut ~10g steel and some aluminum spacers.

He said he hasn't had enough time to call motech yet. I'm curious to see what it is.

These brackets are definitely aftermarket. Looks like laser cut ~10g steel and some aluminum spacers.

He said he hasn't had enough time to call motech yet. I'm curious to see what it is.

Motech made cut and bent steel brackets for a while before they came out with the billet prices. They had both options for quite some time. They still might have both options, I just don't know. What I do know is that Motech was trying very hard to make everything for the swaps in house.

You mentioned the engine moving around. Motech uses the AFM hydrolic engine mounts in the kits.

This might help.
If you want to get the billet brackets don't get Motech get them from John from Overland Performance

Attachments

• IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    850.4 KB · Views: 19
This might help.
If you want to get the billet brackets don't get Motech get them from John from Overland Performance

Thats almost the exact layout minus the idler above the ac and you obviously have 2 belts. Close though :laughing:

Fwiw, when I put the 6.2 in my FIL's YJ we used goat built brackets. They have about every option you can think of. I ended up just calling and dude was super helpful in making sure I got the right stuff.

Top Back Refresh