What's new

Looks like Pirate already crashed

i hope pirate survives, too many good tech threads/ classic story threads

Me too. I have never really wanted to leave, but the site does not function at all. What choice do you have.

Never saw it working, unless it was at another URL.

Looks like its read only at present.

Me too. I have never really wanted to leave, but the site does not function at all. What choice do you have.

yep and now that were here, will anyone go back??

btw no one tell fartifan and eviltwit where we went 😂

i hope pirate survives, too many good tech threads/ classic story threads

I'm a visual dude; I like pics with build threads.

Since Pirate is going to the same format as FSB, I'll W.A.G. Pirate will lose at least a third of all it's pics.
Closer to half is more accurate.

Afternoon you gutter grade stooges

maybe i'm way off the back, but was there an update to pirate today that caused a lockup?

Yes, a Canuck spilled his maple syrup on the server causing a massive pirate4x4.com melt down. Rumor has it we lost greg in the ensuing conflagration.:eek:

Careful that mothfukle is like beetlejuice

Who, Greg?

Which Greg?

That Greg???

:flipoff2:

EDIT: I'll take his bullshit over EvilTwat's any day -
- I think Twat is like that in real life, while "!!!11!!!" is just being a dick online :laughing:

Looks like it's locked down but you can still load any page/topic....I doubt we'll ever see old pirate again.

*edit* glad to see that the irate4x4 link will have made it into the archive if it gets copied over lol

Looks like it's locked down but you can still load any page/topic....I doubt we'll ever see old pirate again.

*edit* glad to see that the irate4x4 link will have made it into the archive if it gets copied over lol

When they recently did the "upgrade" to JKO, no content was lost . . . just the formatting, smilies, look, feel, and character :homer:

I don't get VS business model... buy a successful forum and destroy it. Am I missing something? Is there $$$ to be made in killing forums?

I don't get VS business model... buy a successful forum and destroy it. Am I missing something? Is there $$$ to be made in killing forums?

Web traffic. They rake in a ton of cash from advertising, specifically Google AdSense. The site itself it's worth much, but the ads probably generate in the millions annually per site for very little effort or overhead.

Top Back Refresh