What's new

CA Looking to haul 68 Mustang from Placerville to Georgetown

Lil'John

Former #278
Member Number
Loc
Walking to the Rubicon
Title basically states it. Total one way distance from house to house is ~30 miles. Target driveway has a nice 'easy' turn about to help back up, drop car, and drive off.

Mustang is complete, rolls but does not start. AAA jerked me around and local tow yards want an arm/leg to do it.

Because everyone loves a picture:
mustang1.JPG

Send me a message with price and availability. No emergency.

Google says 16 miles, know anyone local with a trailer ?

20220801_182956.jpg

Would help but wife would slaughter me if I went off to assist with a anything with the shit we are going thru.

Ive towed more with a thick rope 3 times the distance, the key is not driving on any big highways keep out of view of CHP and keep the rope tight.

Not that I suggest towing with a rope.

Now tack on 10 miles down Wentworth:laughing: I'm a hermit in BFE so sadly, I don't know many people except internet imaginary people:homer:

That would cost 107 plus tax here . 75 hook up and 2 dollars a mile .

Would help but wife would slaughter me if I went off to assist with a anything with the shit we are going thru.

Ive towed more with a thick rope 3 times the distance, the key is not driving on any big highways keep out of view of CHP and keep the rope tight.

Not that I suggest towing with a rope.
Hard to keep rope taunt with no brakes in the Mustang:homer:

That would cost 107 plus tax here . 75 hook up and 2 dollars a mile .
Not sure where there is but that wasn't the case here. Not even close:eek:

Even the minnow (Gillians island boat) had an anchor!!

Hard to keep rope taunt with no brakes in the Mustang:homer:

Not sure where there is but that wasn't the case here. Not even close:eek:

Old thread I know but in case its still needed. I have my HD to tow it, need to borrow car hauler, tow dolly, whatever trailer and we'll make it happen.

If you want to just brake/pulling instead of actual tow, I can use my s10 pickup so easier for mustang to brake

Contact Jimmy Jet from snail Trail 4x4. Think he lives there.

Is this still waiting on a solution? I’m not doing a lot these days and can probably make it happen for enough beer to offset fuel costs. Let me know .:usa:. “probably” means I’ll need some support on site due to a lame shoulder, and my trailer being a bit taller than some.. it’s NOT a deck over, just better suited for trucks and jeeps.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh