What's new

Looking for a 32 spline sm465 main shaft

Might be able to use it as an example to the grinder shop, where are you ?

Need a shaft with a 5.437" stickout 32 spline.

Pics below should explain what im attempting to do.
mXz5LXf.jpg

uIcP3RA.jpg

You want stock 32 spline

Last edited:
Had a shop that builds main shafts for sm465's call me back and suggest they could fit my needs into theirs, I will find out what this length shaft would cost per each and at a specific length I'm needing 5.375 - 5.500 stickout.

Last edited:
The shaft is at the heat treat shop.

Will post pictures as I get them.

Latest correspondence from the shop making the custom sm465 main shaft.

They are in Portland now, being hardened. I hope to see them back here for finish grind within 8 days. Hoping for the best on the timeline. Thanks!

Main shaft is done, shipping tomorrow.

Can duplicate this for anyone with the same need to build this 4 speed transmission to fit a early figure 8 np205 with a 32 spline female input shaft.

SM465MainShaft.png

Last edited:
Here it is.

Next is clean wash and parts layout then assembly.

First bushing installed.
20230829_133003.jpg

Depends on how many at one time, also what other add on parts needed rebuild kit with main shaft bushings or just shaft and sourcing bushings elsewhere ?

Just curious on what 1 shaft would cost, don't really need it. No need to call and get pricing or anything along those lines.

Would need to order more than one at a time to make it at all affordable, if only 1 500-600 plus 75-100 for each set of (3) bushings.

Would need to order more than one at a time to make it at all affordable, if only 1 500-600 plus 75-100 for each set of (3) bushings.
HA! I am at this moment trying to do exactly the same thing. Don't want to change my new driveshafts. Just bought a new figure AA aluminum adapter. Who did you use to do the job? Lot a money but Im sick of pounded out 10 splines

I supplied the correct dimentions and a local manufacturer did the rest, I also had plenty of T400's and the NP205's and SM 465 cores to build into the 10 spline adapters.

PM me if you wish to get into this project but keep in mind there are a few different adapters and they have a few different casting numbers, check the pictures I posted as that one did not cut through when machined out to the large bearing spec.

HA! I am at this moment trying to do exactly the same thing. Don't want to change my new driveshafts. Just bought a new figure AA aluminum adapter. Who did you use to do the job? Lot a money but Im sick of pounded out 10 splines

Top Back Refresh