What's new

looking at a yj

tallan

Member Number
Currently rig-less right now but my wife and I are looking at changing that.

a good buddy of mine has a 90s yj 4.0 for sale with some mods and I was wanting to pick the hive brain about thoughts on that and my upgrades I may do.

its got a 4.0 5 speed with a rubi t-case and 8.8 with 4.10s and an arb locker, 2" lift on 31s and a fuel cell behind the rear seat

I plan on trimming the fenders(or running tube fenders) and re-gearing to 4.88s or 5.13 to and run 35s.

I want to run a arb in the front 30 and probably upgrade the shafts but not sure about 30-splines.

M8000-s on the front.

budget is around 6000 after purchase of the jeep.

this is not a daily driver (it will be my 3rd behind the commuter and tow rig) I just want something that is light small and capable and setup like the jp shrink ray (something I could do the ultimate adventure in would be nice)

An ARB equipped D30, 35's 5.13's will :nuke: on the easiest of trails. At the very least find a D44 front axle for that thing.

Are you capable of doing all the mechanical and fabricating on your own or will you be paying someone to do it?

An ARB equipped D30, 35's 5.13's will :nuke: on the easiest of trails. At the very least find a D44 front axle for that thing.

Are you capable of doing all the mechanical and fabricating on your own or will you be paying someone to do it?

I have a bunch of handy friends and a small welder with not much use....this would be my learning vehicle.

Your going to learn that 6k doesn't get you far nowadays if you cant do it all yourself.

If you took the price of the jeep you were going to buy and combined it with the $6k you could probably buy something already built and would end up MILES ahead. My 2 cents

Top Back Refresh