What's new

Longshot - anyone near cody, WY or Billings, MT? Stranded

bgaidan

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I'm stuck near sunlight, wy in a rental car with two flats and one spare. Trying to get a tow back to cody, but nothing's open tomorrow so I'm pretty much stranded. I have a flight out of billings Tuesday.

Anyone happen to be nearby with any sugestions?

Major rental car company? they just leaving you hanging? tires shredded or could be plugged?

Eagle towing:

Iron J towing

Last edited:
It's a rental, fucking send it! :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Or, switch the one, and try to flag someone down with a similar car?

Doesn't the rental place have a emergency line?

Near where? Matt is in Powell area. MNorby , not sure if he's over here yet or not but he was on PBB.

Without divulging too much of my stupidity, don't want to get the rental company involved.

Clipped a rock sticking out of the edge a a fire road and got both tires on one side. Pretty good gash. Put the spare on the front and limped back to the main road on the flat rear. It's about shredded by now.

If I had plugs I'd try, but it's a rental and I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Eagle is who I called. Just got word he's on the way.

Without divulging too much of my stupidity, don't want to get the rental company involved.

Clipped a rock sticking out of the edge a a fire road and got both tires on one side. Pretty good gash. Put the spare on the front and limped back to the main road on the flat rear. It's about shredded by now.

my point on plugs is eagle is more likely to be able to plug you at the shop and get you down the road. shredded might be a monday thing trying to locate a tire in stock

Stupid costs. Pay up sucker.

I may have been going to fast for conditions....

Tow driver had a hell of a time finding me, but finally got to cody.

Gonna try walmart in the am and hope they have tires in stock. Otherwise, nobody else will be open until monday. Eagle does tires too and they'll be checking.

Pm sent. Again location would help.

Shit, I barely had data out there and didn't see the pm pop up. It was near Sunlight....not sure if that's the town or just the road....in Wyoming. A little east of yellowstone.

Tow driver had a hell of a time finding me, but finally got to cody.

Gonna try walmart in the am and hope they have tires in stock. Otherwise, nobody else will be open until monday. Eagle does tires too and they'll be checking.

Good luck with walmart,. I was in a local Walmart a couple weeks ago and the tire section was shut down for the corona virus crap. I suspect it may be the same everywhere

A little late, but I will be in Jackson late tonight for a couple meetings in the morning and could go back through Cody if needed.

A little late, but I will be in Jackson late tonight for a couple meetings in the morning and could go back through Cody if needed.

That's an entire State's drive away.

I used to live just south of Cody and Worland is your best bet. I don't know if they have a WalMart, I haven't lived there for 30 years.

That's an entire State's drive away.

I used to live just south of Cody and Worland is your best bet. I don't know if they have a WalMart, I haven't lived there for 30 years.

I work the whole state/region and set my own schedule. I am not concerned.

I drove 5 hours last night to get to the hotel at 2:00AM this morning for 3 meetings I have today just to turn around and drive 4-8 hours to my next stop depending on where I feel like going. I drive a lot.

Last edited:
Didn't hear back, so I am headed out of Jackson. Hope you were able to find some tires closer! Good luck.

Derp. Week later update. Cell coverage was almost non-existent out there and even in Cody the internet was shit.

Eagle managed to find me and get me two tires on Monday. They had to order them from a supplier and I didn't get the car back until 5 Monday afternoon. They did manage to find a pair that were almost identical to the originals.

The fun part is, I apparently left the cargo "floor" of the rental on the side of the road when I put the spare on. When I got it back from Eagle, I noticed it was missing. I called them just to check and they confirmed it wasn't there when they go it. (I vaguely remember showing the driver the other blown tire in the back and realize it wasn't there at that point.) I ran back out to the scene of the crime early Tuesday on my way back to Billings, expecting to find it out there. (It was very remote.) Unfortunately, I noticed a bunch of side by side tracks on the way out and I'm guessing someone found it and picked it up as trash....to which I'll give them credit - the trails out there are SPOTLESS.

So I returned it, sans floor. Still haven't heard a peep out of the rental company. 🤣

The good news is, I put this on my "good" credit card that has great coverage for travel. It has primary rental car coverage (unlike most that are secondary that make you put it on your auto insurance first and only cover what's left) so I'll be able to open a claim and get it paid for. Ended up being like $830 - over $500 for the tow and $260+ for the tires plus taxes and other fees. Fuck me.

Top Back Refresh