What's new

Long arms on a DD

Unka-Boo

Member Number
So here's my noob question of the day....

My daily driver is an '04 2500 quad cab short bed...
been toying with the idea of going long arms with a short lift for better ride quality. Am I dumb? Have any of you done it? Curious if it would be worth the 3k or so to fuck with.
Alternatively, is there a slightly taller progressive spring/shock combo I'm too stupid to find?

Do it.

The steeper the angle on the stock arms the worse it will ride regaurdless of spring rate.

You can build them your self for less than $1keven if you just called procomp and bought theyre pretty well designed frame bracket.

Long arm build on my 2nd gen in gen 4x4. Best thing you can ever do for yourself.

Do it. I had long arms on my 2nd gen towed and daily drove it for years without any problems.

For the back of your truck look up Sulastic springs. Lots of good stuff on YouTube about them. They're supposed to make your three quarter and one ton trucks ride like a half ton. I've been wanting to go this same rout your taking with my 2011 CCLB. Thuren makes 3" soft ride springs for the front also

For the back of your truck look up Sulastic springs. Lots of good stuff on YouTube about them. They're supposed to make your three quarter and one ton trucks ride like a half ton. I've been wanting to go this same rout your taking with my 2011 CCLB. Thuren makes 3" soft ride springs for the front also

You mean the hack remake of the old BF Goodrich shackles? Um, no.

You mean the hack remake of the old BF Goodrich shackles? Um, no.

Had to google what these are.

I am assuming the reason they suck is the rubber pushing fails, causing the shackle fail open lowing that side of the truck?

I did long arms, 3" Synergy coils, Fox shocks, and a rear shackle flip on my 2nd gen. It made it ride a lot better.
20140611_154406.jpg

Thuren 3rd gen Rear spring swap on a 2nd gen(2001)
Thuren 3rd gen alien arm long arms up front. Drove it from South Carolina to koh and back in February. Hits the highway amazing. Daily it half the time, still tows well. My work truck is a 2017 4500, so I definitely appreciate something that rides nice.
2DA4042B-DC73-4B8C-B69B-89412067B3AF.jpeg
75848FC3-29F6-4C5E-8CEF-DD78AB1AE81C.jpeg
E0A0F78F-AADF-4936-B77F-0B0D9053442F.jpeg

DOR long arms on my 16’ 3500 SRW, a factory radius arm truck. 3” Carli coils, 1” Carli add a packs, fox 2.0s and Thuren sway bar.

photo6377.jpg

photo2415.jpg

photo6378.jpg

Been looking at the long arms for my 2005 hemi 2500 also. I am looking to keep the lift under 3 inches to clear my 35's on stock rims.The wfo and far from stock kits look good but not much build info on them. Otherwise the tuff country might be the kit to get.

A friend of mine has a 2010ish Cummins with a leveling kit and a synergy long arm. He loves it. It rides nice. Fox shocks as well.

Been looking at the long arms for my 2005 hemi 2500 also. I am looking to keep the lift under 3 inches to clear my 35's on stock rims.The wfo and far from stock kits look good but not much build info on them. Otherwise the tuff country might be the kit to get.

Been eyeballing the Dodge offroad kits...looks like it can be done with as little as 2" ( which I'm fine with on a DD/ part time tow rig. If anyone has any horror stories, please share.

Unfortunately, this has been back burnered for a little bit, between rona, fires, school starting, work sucking...not a good time to spend on "not essential".

Been eyeballing the Dodge offroad kits...looks like it can be done with as little as 2" ( which I'm fine with on a DD/ part time tow rig. If anyone has any horror stories, please share.

Unfortunately, this has been back burnered for a little bit, between rona, fires, school starting, work sucking...not a good time to spend on "not essential".

I built my long arms around a 2" leveling kit....

DOR long arms on my 16’ 3500 SRW, a factory radius arm truck. 3” Carli coils, 1” Carli add a packs, fox 2.0s and Thuren sway bar.

how do you like the DOR arms? would you buy them again? I'm doing all the thuren goodies on my 18 2500 and im debating between the carli radius arms and the DOR 4 link arms. before this truck I had a dually with thuren goods and carli radius arm drop brackets and I loved the way it handled.

how do you like the DOR arms? would you buy them again? I'm doing all the thuren goodies on my 18 2500 and im debating between the carli radius arms and the DOR 4 link arms. before this truck I had a dually with thuren goods and carli radius arm drop brackets and I loved the way it handled.

Sorry it’s been a while. I wouldn’t change a thing about my setup it’s great. DOR sucks as a company and they could’ve designed the brackets better, some of the holes get drilled partially into existing frame holes which is just fucking stupid. But now that I have everything installed it’d be hard for me to go to something different.

The thing I hate about the Carli radius arms is you still need to use their drop brackets and I think that’s retarded. If I was going fabricated radius arms it’d be mobworthy fab, they’re expensive but very nice and don’t use a stupid drop bracket. But I’m into my DOR arms for a good bit cheaper. Tire clearance with the DOR arms is also awesome.

Just stop. I just took them off my truck. I do NOT recommend them. The ride quality and service life did not improve to justify the cost. My truck ride SOOO much better with good ol' Dorman replacement shackles than failed sulastic shackles. they MIGHT would've lived longer if the truck never see heavy tongue or payload weight, ever.

Had to google what these are.

I am assuming the reason they suck is the rubber pushing fails, causing the shackle fail open lowing that side of the truck?

Yes, that's what will happen when they fail. rubber separated and acted as a third shackle pivot.

Top Back Refresh