What's new

NY Loader with knucleboom. 8k. KEEPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dethmachinefab

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Case w7 with Hiab crane attached. Will separate if wanted, 5k for each. Lifts 13k. Extends about 40'.

20190827_144106.jpg

Hows it run? How are the brakes? How cheap could you get it hauled across country? This is pretty much everything thing I need to make my life complete.
Everything works, bucket leaks down quick. Batterys weak and start wire from key is iffy. It's a handful to drive with the crane on it, if you don't have the ballast in the bucket it's tippy because the rear axle pivots. My plan was to pull the loader bits and swap crane to the front where it belongs. Bought another crane so I don't need it anymore.

HillbillyDeluxe what do you think it would cost? Probably weighs 22k without ballast (6k) and needs a lowboy.

I feel like knuckle booms are under rated. My old work had 2, 1 on an old F-superduty (90s F450) and 1 a bit smaller than the one here. Maybe not so much smaller, but don't think it went near as far.

Man they were cool to run. We had 4 F550s with auto crane type beds. They were awesome for a lot of stuff, but those knuckle booms could do some different tasks the auto cranes could not.

Not sure that I'd want it mounted to a pos loader but :flipoff2:

Looking like I need to keep this. The new crane I bought I refused delivery on because it was damaged and wouldn't even drive off the flatbed. Not sure what's going to happen tomorrow because the company was closed. They loaded it with a forklift and crushed stuff, and looks like they dropped it bending the spindle.

I'll be mounting this on the front of the machine after removing loader, and it will be so much more capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh