What's new

Loader tech in chit chat

mountainguyed67

Member Number
Loc
Fresno, CA
I got this loader three years ago, and have been slowly getting it usable. It had no brakes, no parking brake, leaky exhaust, fluid leaks in every system except the engine, so much crud we couldn’t see what we were working on, and various other missing or loose parts. It’s coming along, and getting more and more use out of it.

photo5936.jpg

If there’s a place for the block heater, I couldn’t find it. Tank heater wasn’t enough. Went to hydraulic quick couplers in a heater hose, uses another vehicles coolant to warm it up. New tires went on last December.

photo6042.jpg

photo6043.jpg

photo6044.jpg

photo6045.jpg

photo6046.jpg

Just got new bucket teeth, it didn’t have any. Will have to drill holes, they added a plate with no holes. The tooth assembly is 19” long. Also as you can see I got a log choker cable.

photo6130.jpg

photo6131.jpg

photo6132.jpg

And as was just mentioned, I couldn’t figure out the parking brake for a long time. I was putting the linkage together without also putting the same pin through the slot in the lever mounting bracket. It didn’t have any linkage when I got it.

photo6141.jpg

photo6142.jpg

photo6143.jpg

I use the loader to move firewood and limbs. In the last picture you can see that I dumped another bucket full of limbs on the burn area, it had already burned down.

photo6268.jpg

photo6269.jpg

photo6273.jpg

photo6274.jpg

Well, I know how big of a fire is too big of a fire. The fire spread past my fire break just because of too much heat. I used the loader to make bare dirt around this stump, and stopped the spread of fire.

photo6423.jpg

photo6424.jpg

The transfer case front output seal started leaking on my last day up, I have one on order, already replaced the rear maybe two years ago. The Terex part number doesn’t cross over, I have a new old stock seal to measure. The date on the packaging is 1974, that’s why I’m not using it. I don’t expect a seal that old to last.

Glad you are bringing the thread over. I was enjoying it over at the old board.

I’ve looked at getting a winch for the rear, at first I thought I would replace the rear weight with it. It was suggested to add the winch to the weight instead, because the weight will be a lot heavier.

Rear weight dimensions
8.5 deep
44 overall across
15 tall towards front of loader
12.5 tall towards back of loader
30 across reduced height area
11 tall in reduced height area

photo6870.jpg

photo6871.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a new transfer case front output seal. The leak wasn’t the seal, but went ahead and did it while I was there. The drive flange retainer bolts were loose, that’s why it was leaking.

97FDC60B-4FEA-452E-9EB9-6906B6BB14C6.jpeg

7462AC8D-3078-4C9A-AC1A-04B08B6EC851.jpeg

Saw this about five miles away yesterday, two more loaders with log forks were in town another ten miles away. I’ve had people tell me they’re only used at mill yards, apparently not.

620013FE-2C89-437A-BF1C-2684A4C8226D.jpeg

4B924C89-32E2-462D-B8FD-DD811A66AD6D.jpeg

I'd imagine anywhere you gotta move logs around.

Are they still doing a bunch of logging up there pulling out the bark beetle trees?

Kevin

Bark beetle trees are stacked up and left to rot, apparently. Those that have been removed, some died after the removal. They are back to logging for profit, probably not done with the beetle trees though.

We went by where they were using the loader above and another like it, a couple days ago. They also had a skidder in use.

Top Back Refresh