What's new

Load Range G Tires

FC4X4

Web Wheeler
Member Number
Currently running the Goodride 235/85-16 Load Range G tires on my 2018 16K PJ Tilt-Bed trailer. That's what the trailer came with. I bought two spares at the time, so I have 6 16" wheels.

I've had a couple road-hazard flats with these tires, but no other problems and decent wear characteristics. I have flat-spotted two now, but I think that's one particular brake that's sticky. I would prefer to replace these with a USA-made tire. For example, on my 12K dump trailer, I run BF Goodrich Commercial T/A truck tires in 235/85-16 Load Range E, and I run Goodyear 235/80-16 Load Range E tires on my enclosed trailer. Trouble is, I need Load Range G for the tilt-bed. I have not found a single US manufacturer for such a tire.

Just might get four new Goodrides and save the two best of these for spares, but China.

Ideas?

I know someone will say to move to 17.5s, but here's what I found for a tire/wheel combo, and I'm not sure the wheel is made in the USA, possibly only the tire.

I know someone will say to move to 17.5s, but here's what I found for a tire/wheel combo, and I'm not sure the wheel is made in the USA, possibly only the tire.

I'd run through a lot of chinese tires before I dropped $6000 on 'murica wheels and tires.

I run the all steel gladiators on my tilt. Haven't really got to run them much, but I was recommended them by a buddy who managed a trailer/fab shop. He said they are what they recommend for guys with lot of tire issues.

I think these were around $160 ea? Before I pulled the trigger, I called around. The goodyear and bfgs were stupid, like $500-600 ea. I asked the guy if that price was with a lifetime warranty :laughing:

Top Back Refresh